Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Been almost 35 days since we submitted all the documents, still haven't been DQ :( 

When lot of people say they were DQ within couple of weeks, I got my hopes up. 

Timeline

Hey everyone! I know this has been asked and answered before but just wanted to hear if anything changed from people who recently entered the consulate. Are you required to show proof of vaccination and asked covid related questions
For instance whether youve been outside of Canada recently, when you got back etc 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Steve & Gloria said:

Gloria had her interview this morning and was approved! It took about 90 minutes. She was not asked about vaccination (she is vaccinated of course!). She was also not asked for the updated tax returns she brought even though her case has been delayed so long (submitted documents in 2019, DQ'd Dec. 1, 2020). The officers she talked to were very nice to everyone, by the way, and they seemed to be fully staffed at about 8 officers. All in all, a good experience after the very long wait. 

We want to thank @Hawk Riders for putting this thread together, and all of the kind people we've encountered here. We learned a lot of important information from all of you!

Our best wishes to all who are still waiting -- hang in there, things are finally speeding up!

Congratulations, i am happy for you!!! 😊 

Question, did they require the original birth certificate of petitioner?

6 minutes ago, HD_BIRDS said:

Happy to report that I was approved this morning at my interview. A really smooth process. It took almost 3 hours though and the room was full most of the time. I was asked about travel outside of Canada by security when entering. I mentioned that I traveled from the US yesterday, and he asked if I was compliant with all CBSA COVID regulations and I said yes. I wasn't asked for proof of vaccination, though I did have it with me just in case.

Everyone was very friendly, and the interview itself was less than 10 minutes. The consular officer asked the usual questions:

-Where and when did you meet?

-What do you and your husband do for work?

-How long have you been in the US on a TN?

-Will you live in your current residence in the US?

-Have you ever overstayed a visa in the US?

-Have you ever lived anywhere other the Canada and the US?

-Have you traveled to any other countries in the last 5 years?

He reviewed by 2020 tax forms, but said he didn't need them because what he had was sufficient. He said everything in your application looks great, and I plan to approve. I came with photocopies of all originals as instructed, but no one wanted the photocopies of anything, and they scanned all originals. I was then given the paper that indicates how to track your passport.

Thanks to all the VJ'ers for the helpful info over the past two years! Good luck to others still waiting. I'll update once passport is received.

That is awesome!  Congratulations😀

Timeline
1 minute ago, rainbow-skies said:

Congratulations, i am happy for you!!! 😊 

Question, did they require the original birth certificate of petitioner?

That is awesome!  Congratulations😀

They didn't ask for birth certificate at all for the petitioner - not original or photocopy. My husband is also a naturalized US citizen, and they didn't ask for his naturalization certificate. The only originals they wanted was my passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police clearance, and divorce certificate for my husband's prior marriage.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, HD_BIRDS said:

They didn't ask for birth certificate at all for the petitioner - not original or photocopy. My husband is also a naturalized US citizen, and they didn't ask for his naturalization certificate. The only originals they wanted was my passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, police clearance, and divorce certificate for my husband's prior marriage.

Thanks for letting me know! I am returning to Canada today and was worried because I couldnt find my wife's original birth certificate..although I have a scanned copy of it. 

I have my interview in 2 weeks. So now time to prepare 😊 wishing you all the best!

Timeline
1 hour ago, jbarr627 said:

My husband had his interview this morning and was told he'd be approved! He was catching a flight to New Brunswick right after, so I haven't had a chance to hear details but will update with more info once I hear! 

DQ - 12/20/20

Interview and verbal approval - 10/4/21

Can you confirm your DQ date, your timeline says your case was completed by NVC on the 3rd of December? I just want to know, in case they’re weeks ahead of what we originally thought.

Timeline
1 hour ago, HD_BIRDS said:

has ANYONE on here been asked for the petitioners original birth certificate?! That has also been my question. Congratulations on the approvals and thank you for sharing the covid screening info as it answers my above question as well. 🙂

1 hour ago, YYZ&MIA said:

has ANYONE on here been asked for the petitioners original birth certificate?! That has also been my question. Congratulations on the approvals and thank you for sharing the covid screening info as it answers my above question as well. 🙂

I don't think so. I dived into this and asked Montreal, they said if we weren't required to provide it to NVC, they don't need it. It's most likely needed if the petitioner is the sibling/parent of the beneficiary to provide proof of relationship. I think it's been added to the faq but if not, it should be!

Edited by Danii

Timeline
1 hour ago, YYZ&MIA said:

No, in our case the officer wanted to see applicant birth certificate and marriage docs. The only thing he asked for related to the petitioner was the I-864.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.