Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, HD_BIRDS said:

Hi all,

Any recent experiences with Dr. Mascarenhas in Toronto in terms of how long before the interview to do the medical appointment? I can't get in until the 24th. With my interview on the 4th, it gives me just a week for the consulate to receive the documentation. They indicated it would arrive within a week, but just checking for recent experiences. Thank you!

Most ppls are in on time as it’s an email. If not and yes it has happened u will be put on ap till they get it prob only a day or two.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, jbarr627 said:

They couldn’t get us in til the 28th - were trying a few other docs but I’m getting nervous!

As long as your medical is straightforward they will have enough time for it to be sent to the consulate. Mine was there in 3 days. If it isn’t there in time and that’s all they have to wait for, you’ll be approved as soon as they get it. Don’t sweat it

Random question, but for those of you who have been recently approved at interviews, how long did you wait for the status online to be Issued: Visa is in its final processing?  Ours is still under the Issued: Necessary administrative processing.  Just wasn't sure how long it normally takes to change and then the passport to be sent out :)

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Tswiftlover said:

Random question, but for those of you who have been recently approved at interviews, how long did you wait for the status online to be Issued: Visa is in its final processing?  Ours is still under the Issued: Necessary administrative processing.  Just wasn't sure how long it normally takes to change and then the passport to be sent out :)

Just a hunch but it’ll change this week and your passport will be sent out on Friday. You should receive it early next week

Timeline
50 minutes ago, State and Maine said:

As long as your medical is straightforward they will have enough time for it to be sent to the consulate. Mine was there in 3 days. If it isn’t there in time and that’s all they have to wait for, you’ll be approved as soon as they get it. Don’t sweat it

Thank you for the reassurance! Much appreciated! 🙂

Timeline
15 hours ago, JudyB said:

Ok just a follow up. I called NVC who had me call the Consulate. They advised that often the system is delayed in updating the Case Numbers for appointments. They advised to just keep trying over the next few business days and it will post. Thought I would post this in case anyone else faces this issue.

Hi Judy how did you manage to get ahold of an agent at Consulate? Ive been trying all morning but pressing 0 doesnt work and they say for immigrant Visas they dont take inquiries over the phone.

Uh oh... I just booked my medical with Dr Lyndon Mascarenhas and saw this on the email:

Please note that due to the corona virus we cannot see anyone with: 

- fever, cough, or difficulty breathing 

- travel outside of Canada 14 days before your appointment 

- contact with a sick person who has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or who is a confirmed or probable case of corona virus. 

I literally fly back the day before my medical. I assumed with the new quarantine rules that this wouldn't be an issue. Has anyone come across this? HELP!

Timeline
42 minutes ago, irisheyes123 said:

Uh oh... I just booked my medical with Dr Lyndon Mascarenhas and saw this on the email:

- contact with a sick person who has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days or who is a confirmed or probable case of corona virus. 

I literally fly back the day before my medical. I assumed with the new quarantine rules that this wouldn't be an issue. Has anyone come across this? HELP!

I suggest calling them and clarifying.

They may have just not updated their protocol on their automated emails after the changes with travel restrictions.

Even if they choose to maintain the old protocol which is over and above the federal registrations, they may make an exception for you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, irisheyes123 said:

I booked with Dr. Zatzman but was concerned when I saw this- so just letting anyone else who might be worried know! I asked Zatzmans office and they said since the government doesn’t require quarantine time if you’re fully vaccinated that they don’t either! 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, katelynns said:

I booked with Dr. Zatzman but was concerned when I saw this- so just letting anyone else who might be worried know! I asked Zatzmans office and they said since the government doesn’t require quarantine time if you’re fully vaccinated that they don’t either! 

Exactly as I suspected.

It is the same with Montreal consulate btw.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Sunshine022 said:

Question, I got my first dose of covid vaccine on Sept 9 and I will have my medical on the 23rd in Toronto. My second dose will be around last week of  September. My interview date is on October 25, will it cause any problem that I am not fully vaccinated on the day of my medical exam????

Good question.

As per USCIS website, "effective Oct. 1, 2021, applicants subject to the immigration medical examination must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before the civil surgeon can complete an immigration medical examination and sign"

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/covid-19-vaccination-required-for-immigration-medical-examinations

This indicates that the applicant must have both shots of approved vaccine (or one shot of Jahnssen). What is unclear is whether the second shot must have been administered 14 days before the medicals (as that is generally the definition of fully vaccinated).

The panel physician does have the discretion to waive this requirement citing "Nationwide vaccine Shortage". I don't see how this applies in Canada though as vaccines have been abundant for many months. But who knows, maybe the panel physician can use that loop hole to help out applicants.

As for your case, since your medical is before Oct 1, I am fairly certain, covid vaccine is not a requirement at all. They won't even mark it on the form. Suggest you call the doctor's office or mail them to confirm, but I think you are good. Also carry your vaccination proof to the interview just in case. You will be fully vaccinated by then.

@rainbow-skies is fully vaccinated, but proactively got her medicals done on Aug 27. So there was no mention of her vaccinations on her medicals form. The doctor's office confirmed in an email to her yesterday that it wasn't required.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

28 minutes ago, Sunshine022 said:

Question, I got my first dose of covid vaccine on Sept 9 and I will have my medical on the 23rd in Toronto. My second dose will be around last week of  September. My interview date is on October 25, will it cause any problem that I am not fully vaccinated on the day of my medical exam????

Deleted. Sorry my info was outdated. 

Edited by Shumai84
outdated info.

Timeline
Just now, Shumai84 said:

COVID vaccination is not part of required vaccination for immigration visa purposes, so you should be fine. 

It has become mandated effective Oct 1

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/covid-19-vaccination-required-for-immigration-medical-examinations

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.