Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, MJ & FEK said:

I see, thanks. I will quit my job and work there if it means this process will move faster! XD

I know! I think most of us would be more than willing to volunteer and work for free to move things along...

1 hour ago, MJ & FEK said:

I see, thanks. I will quit my job and work there if it means this process will move faster! XD

I’m not 100% on the interview for new hires as it was posted on glassdoor and not visa the USA websites. I pray it was real though. Looking at data there’s no patterns either they stop all together only do 2 weeks worth or get threw a full month. Nov- Jan 2020 is when the USA was hit with a bunch of covid cases so that could be why we see less ppl on the google doc. Maybe nvc didn’t Dq many cases then or maybe not many ppl got paper work in as this is the worst of covid and everything was closed. I put my paper work on and wAs Dq about a week later. I know they are trying to catch up other visa classes now as well so we may see even more of a slow down.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

Okay no joke I literally emailed them about this in May. I was like y’all need help? I’ll do it for free. I have a background in communications I’ll write communication boards for you- for free. Criss cross apple sauce promise I just want to help please.

Anyways I never heard back and a pet of me is worried that my desperation has me flagged at the consulate 

This made me laugh and cry at the same time....

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

3 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

Okay no joke I literally emailed them about this in May. I was like y’all need help? I’ll do it for free. I have a background in communications I’ll write communication boards for you- for free. Criss cross apple sauce promise I just want to help please.

Anyways I never heard back and a pet of me is worried that my desperation has me flagged at the consulate 

🤣🤣🤣 this is SO funny. 

33 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

If u don’t get ur IL this month I will fully  cry with you! I think my husbands getting a bit annoyed bc everyday I’m like. So here the new outlook. Then explain my method of madness. When deep down I know we still have 8 more months at the speed of things. 

Edited by Twiz&Toz

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Twiz&Toz said:

If u don’t get ur IL this month I will fully  cry with you! I think my husbands getting a bit annoyed bc everyday I’m like. So here the new outlook. Then explain my method of madness. When deep down I know we still have 8 more months at the speed of things. 

It’s been so hard because logistically i should but my heart is so broken and I have so little faith in the system at this point- I’m really putting two hands together  saying ‘pleasepleasepleaseplease’ to whatever celestial being has domain over immigration. But I don’t think there is an immigration deity- no gods here lol. Idk what I’ll do it I don’t get my letter this month because as of sept 31 I’m officially living a Harry Potter-style life under the stairs bc I have no where else to go.

I’ve been doing that with my wife every day for the last few months too, it’s so brutal because it’s not easy on either of us and it hurts as much as it helps. I hope since they’re caught up on K visas, they’ll just focus on CR/IR for a little bit again and reach March/April levels again. I even wrote the ambassador being like I know you won’t see this in time to help me but please involve yourself in this process, because married people are being kept apart and it’s devastating. 

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

Timeline

Does anyone have an experience with renting a car and driving across the border? I reserved a car from Montreal to Portland Maine for Wednesday and crossing Thursday which is my 2 year wedding anniversary. Also can I cross shortly after midnight and still activate my IR1?

Thanks in advance!

Timeline

We had our interview 4 Aug.  He did not get accepted.  I was so worried about all the other documents and double, triple checked everything and got updated sponsorship forms and updated tax returns etc.  Of course something we never thought of occurred.  He lived in Arizona as a teenager under his father's investor visa.  Apparently they found a mention of a court document for a Failure to Appear in 1994.  He had moved back to Canada in 1993 and when he came to visit in the US in 1994, he found out about the notice and went to court and it was dismissed.  At the interview, they said that they had record of a Failure to Appear in 1994, but no information on what it was or what happened to it so they could not approve his visa.  We're obviously devastated after waiting this long.  They did keep his passport, which is hopefully a kind of good sign but also means he can't visit.  We've called Arizona and they have no records of anything at all and said they don't keep them over 10 years so we are getting them to send a certified No Records Found letter.  This is so frustrating.  We had a year to do this if they had requested it last year when we were DQ'd.  

I don't know how to proceed however.  I guess we got the dreaded AP?  We just need to upload the No Records Found letter to CEAC?  I uploaded a lot of other documents after we got DQ'd and they never changed status from Submitted to Approved.  Do we just hope our file is flagged and they look at any new documents?  We thought he'd be coming home.  Feeling so devastated and helpless and have no idea what to do or expect. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
55 minutes ago, hellbob said:

They did keep his passport, which is hopefully a kind of good sign but also means he can't visit.  We've called Arizona and they have no records of anything at all and said they don't keep them over 10 years so we are getting them to send a certified No Records Found letter. 

When he left the consulate, what did the instructions letter say to do: mail stuff in or upload it?

Whichever it is, do that :)

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

1 hour ago, hellbob said:

We had our interview 4 Aug.  He did not get accepted.  I was so worried about all the other documents and double, triple checked everything and got updated sponsorship forms and updated tax returns etc.  Of course something we never thought of occurred.  He lived in Arizona as a teenager under his father's investor visa.  Apparently they found a mention of a court document for a Failure to Appear in 1994.  He had moved back to Canada in 1993 and when he came to visit in the US in 1994, he found out about the notice and went to court and it was dismissed.  At the interview, they said that they had record of a Failure to Appear in 1994, but no information on what it was or what happened to it so they could not approve his visa.  We're obviously devastated after waiting this long.  They did keep his passport, which is hopefully a kind of good sign but also means he can't visit.  We've called Arizona and they have no records of anything at all and said they don't keep them over 10 years so we are getting them to send a certified No Records Found letter.  This is so frustrating.  We had a year to do this if they had requested it last year when we were DQ'd.  

I don't know how to proceed however.  I guess we got the dreaded AP?  We just need to upload the No Records Found letter to CEAC?  I uploaded a lot of other documents after we got DQ'd and they never changed status from Submitted to Approved.  Do we just hope our file is flagged and they look at any new documents?  We thought he'd be coming home.  Feeling so devastated and helpless and have no idea what to do or expect. 

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you guys. This is a kind of thing that keeps me still sleep deprived with anxiety.... I double checked and triple checked the doc list and uploaded a bunch of docs to CEAC for any new information that seems relevant, but I just can't help but think about what if I'm missing something. My interview is on Wed morning this week. I will report back once it's done. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you guys. This is a kind of thing that keeps me still sleep deprived with anxiety.... I double checked and triple checked the doc list and uploaded a bunch of docs to CEAC for any new information that seems relevant, but I just can't help but think about what if I'm missing something. My interview is on Wed morning this week. I will report back once it's done. 

Best of luck!!!

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

When he left the consulate, what did the instructions letter say to do: mail stuff in or upload it?

Whichever it is, do that :)

I'm so stressed out...they didn't give us an instruction letter....  😢

It is marked as refused, but they didn't check either the box marked additional processing required or additional documents requested.

image.png.f7a5ebaf670e0bf532f7beb6b73444ca.png

The officer said she would keep his passport and that she needed to get the court documents to just to confirm the explanation he gave them, but didn't give him a sheet on how to submit the documents or what exactly they needed.  It sounds like he should have been given this information.  He was so gutted at the time he saw the refusal, he didn't know he should be given more instructions.  The officer seemed new and had to ask her supervisor questions a couple times, so maybe she was just one of the new June trainees and forgot something?

image.png.492b4f012f413924a7618b4994fa82da.png

We got a certified letter from the court of No Records Found back already and did upload it, but I don't know if that's what they want or where to send it.

I emailed the consulate asking for more information, but don't know if or when they'll get back to us.

Super heartbroken.  If anyone has any insight, it'd be much appreciated.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.