Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

Thanks so much!

This willl be my 4th visit within the past year. I always just saying im going to visit my wife. They ask how long I am staying. And then they send me on my way.

This trip (going this week) im bringing: travel insurance proof, proof of financial bank assets and accounts, proof of my return at the end of August. And then I have another roundtrip booked from November to January that I am also bringing proof of. Plus a copy of my car insurance (though i dont own the car). I might also have proof of a medical appointment in Canada for September. I hope if I ever get asked, this is sufficient for entry into US to see my wife.

I will definitely post how my entry goes.

Fingers crossed it goes well. I have been in the US since the start of June and am leaving at the start of September. All the border agent asked me this time was what I was doing and how long I was staying. 

it was a breeze! 
last time they asked how I supported myself and what my ties were. 
I brought with me I June just in case they asked: a letter from my daughters surgeon starting the date of her follow up, and also my info packet my for shoulder surgery in September and my dental appointments for september

Filed: R-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am looking for the thread of people sharing their POE experiences, especially importing a car. Can someone point me to that forum or thread if it exists?

Many thanks in advance. 

Timeline

Planning on crossing next week to activate my IR1. I don’t need anything other than my passport with the visa in it right? I’m bringing my car, but won’t be importing it right away. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Amz&S said:

Planning on crossing next week to activate my IR1. I don’t need anything other than my passport with the visa in it right? I’m bringing my car, but won’t be importing it right away. 

I would call the border ahead of time to double check about the car. Someone just posted earlier that while they would've been allowed to go through, they weren't letting the car in without paperwork so she had to turn around and dispose of the car and get a U-Haul instead.

Timeline
5 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Congratulations!!! 😁

Over dinner I was telling my husband about your case and how you were put in AP probably due that "withdrawal" last December.  The thought of you on your way to visit your wife only to be turned around at the airport...our hearts went out to you. Couldn't imagine the anguish you felt. Glad the cruel process is over and you can finally be with your wife again... 😭  Happy tears....

Thank you so much. It was such a roller coaster of emotions today! I couldn’t understand why they would put me in AP!? They knew I was coming, they set up the interview lol

So glad this is over and can’t wait to have the visa in hand! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, Flowergirl 737 said:

I am looking for the thread of people sharing their POE experiences, especially importing a car. Can someone point me to that forum or thread if it exists?

Many thanks in advance. 

If you look at the reviews for the different POE's, that should give you a heads up.  

If you have all of your paperwork and your vehicle is compliant, it takes no time at all.  I imported my truck a few years back and it was essentially 2 extra forms and a letter.  

8 hours ago, puppy_cute said:

Hi guys, can you please confirm if I have the right police certificate?

Please fill out your timeline and follow the instructions in my signature to be added to the spreadsheet and access the FAQ's.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
10 hours ago, puppy_cute said:

Hi guys, can you please confirm if I have the right police certificate?

image.png.af10d2176e6c81c6a1eb7e2127111358.png

Yup it is the right one !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, HAB said:

I checked the site, it says under privacy act, so is the a new one ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LvnDvX95_tfWtTvsJJM49PDPPvPKal0WG2rgdZHhsz0/edit#gid=1591174570

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

@Magnolian, @Mikeeastern, @JillianGio... interview results?

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Timeline

Hey guys, I need some help here. My son's passport is expiring January 2022. Should I renew it here while I am Canada or 

wait and do it from the USA by mail. I am not sure if I have to show up in person at Washington DC Canadian Consulate which is quite a ride from where I will be at.

Any suggestions???? Thank s for the help !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.