Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Medical exam booked with Dr. Cheema for the 27th. Their office confirmed to me that they are following the current Canadian Federal Government quarantine policy. That is if you're fully vaccinated, you don't need to book your medical 14 days after arriving back into Canada. This policy may differ with the other panel physicians, so check ahead in time and get it in writing! If you are planning to use the quarantine exemption, ensure you upload your proof of vaccination to ArriveCAN and follow all CBSA requirements for the exemption including testing and quarantine back-up plan. Note, you are only considered fully vaccinated 14 days after your second shot.

image.png.fddc3f4c1ee852debd7b5c304faf1435.png

I haven't heard back from the Consulate what their quarantine policy is at the moment. But I would for the time presume that they are enforcing it until we get it in writing that they are allowing fully vaccinated people to skip it.

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ANL said:

Yay! Good news! They did do a few more days!

Yes I've been so busy with work I haven't had time to. Update myself enough to get on the spreadsheet.  Thought it may help if I just post it

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mintaftertaste said:

Nope. We got the ILs for next month.

Guess this is it. Oh well, we all have waited so long, no harm in waiting another month or so!

Keep the faith guys-Joe Biden

side note- this US consulate job is looking more and more enticing to me-no pressure, no quota, so many holidays!

haha!

It’s true, I’m actually laughing at the fact that they stopped the day before they got to me (I’m DQ oct 6). I was so upset back in June when they skipped a month of interviews that I don’t even get my hopes up anymore lol. I’ve accepted my fate lmao.

but I agree, maybe I’ll apply 😂

12 minutes ago, MadKittyCat said:

It’s true, I’m actually laughing at the fact that they stopped the day before they got to me (I’m DQ oct 6). I was so upset back in June when they skipped a month of interviews that I don’t even get my hopes up anymore lol. I’ve accepted my fate lmao.

only thing is you have to be a US Citizen. So guess we have to wait some more...sigh

29 minutes ago, MadKittyCat said:

if it makes you feel any better, you're pretty much guaranteed to be in the first week of September :) so technically, you've only been delayed by a week or two. I know it's still #######, but you know they're not gonna skip you next time :) nearly there!! 

3 hours ago, annierob said:

IT IS INSANE.

I have now come to terms that they're moving around 10'ish days each month:

JULY
Sept 9 - 21
13 days

AUG
Sept 22 - Oct 2
11 days

So I assume:

SEPT
Oct 3-13
11 days

OCT
Oct 14-24
11 days

Also, how far in advance are the K1's from us??? 

I would have never thought that I would get my IL 1 YEAR after I was DQ'ed - wow...Oct to Oct. Today, I have lost the last little bit of hope I had. 

No way. I refuse to believe this.

If we go by what you predict for Oct- That's only a handful of interviews for CR-1 for September. 

Also by that time K-1 backlog will no longer an issue.

I'd go by the number of interviews instead of the dates DQed so for JULY IL for Aug- its about 14 entries

So I am hoping to see 14 entries which could possibly cover OCT 6- OCT 26

FINGERS CROSSED!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think some of the issues are that they're short on Consular Officers. I imagine the pandemic coupled with a hiring freeze that the previous administration placed on DoS is responsible for this. Sadly I think it's a matter of waiting until they can get new officers in post which is likely to take time. With other categories opening up now, they are probably spread really thin and add in a bit of bureaucratic laziness in there too.

I've been doing some contract work for the Provincial Government and yeah, it was an eye opener at the speed at which things go in government, holy heck!

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mintaftertaste said:

No way. I refuse to believe this.

If we go by what you predict for Oct- That's only a handful of interviews for CR-1 for September. 

Also by that time K-1 backlog will no longer an issue.

I'd go by the number of interviews instead of the dates DQed so for JULY IL for Aug- its about 14 entries

So I am hoping to see 14 entries which could possibly cover OCT 6- OCT 26

FINGERS CROSSED!

FINGERS CROSSED INDEED. I really hope that September will finally be the end of this gut-wrenching process. But just in case, I'm mentally preparing for the event it happens in Oct...365 days after I got DQ'ed. We're setting records here in all categories, not even mentioning the mental aguish. Trying to stay positive things will pick up next month. 

I was so exasperated after everything that happened earlier today, I just booked a trip to Mexico next month so my husband and I can be with each other, since I cannot go back to the US (I already did my 6 months for the year), and the "Montreal summers" we used to know, are definitely not happening this year. Hopefully this vacation will do us some good and get our minds at ease for the next nail-bitting round of ILs.

Timeline
29 minutes ago, irisheyes123 said:

if it makes you feel any better, you're pretty much guaranteed to be in the first week of September :) so technically, you've only been delayed by a week or two. I know it's still #######, but you know they're not gonna skip you next time :) nearly there!! 

Very true, actually. Nice way of seeing this in a different.

Now, let's hope for the best in the next round, DQ date partner.

1 hour ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

Medical exam booked with Dr. Cheema for the 27th. Their office confirmed to me that they are following the current Canadian Federal Government quarantine policy. That is if you're fully vaccinated, you don't need to book your medical 14 days after arriving back into Canada. This policy may differ with the other panel physicians, so check ahead in time and get it in writing! If you are planning to use the quarantine exemption, ensure you upload your proof of vaccination to ArriveCAN and follow all CBSA requirements for the exemption including testing and quarantine back-up plan. Note, you are only considered fully vaccinated 14 days after your second shot.

image.png.fddc3f4c1ee852debd7b5c304faf1435.png

I haven't heard back from the Consulate what their quarantine policy is at the moment. But I would for the time presume that they are enforcing it until we get it in writing that they are allowing fully vaccinated people to skip it.

Hello,

After you got your interview letter, did you register your appointment online from the ais.usavisa-info website to create an account and such?

Edited by Fobosdaemios

Timeline

Am I the only one here who can't register for his interview ? It says this is not ready yet, and even though I heard this might take up to a few days... I'm starting to freakout 😅 anybody else ? Medical exam booked in Montreal for the 13th of July

Edited by T&S_MTL

3 minutes ago, T&S_MTL said:

Am I the only one here who can't register for his interview ? It says this is not ready yet, and even though I heard this might take up to a few days... I'm starting to freakout 😅 anybody else ? Medical exam booked in Montreal for the 13th of July

Oh I tried to register too but it also said not ready for the interview message too. I assume it takes a few days before it registers into their system? 

Edited by Fobosdaemios

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fobosdaemios said:

Oh I tried to register too but it also said not ready for the interview message too. I assume it takes a few days before it registers into their system? 

Yes this is what people shared in the past, so I ll wait 😅. What option did you pick on the first page ? I selected the first one (NVC sent an email and this for the registration of the appointment)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.