Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

General Question - How long does the interview last? Is it conducted at a counter or in a room?

My only experience of interview at a US consulate was when I applied for B1/B2 visa, and that was literally less than 20 seconds long and was conducted at a counter.

@From_CAN_2_US if you have not read some shared experiences / consulate review, here is the link https://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Canada&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=. Actually I was gathering all the links of VJ'ers who shared their interview experiences and will email to my wife for her quick references.

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
48 minutes ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

I read from the very beginning of the Part 1 of this thread "IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public" and the part II w/c I'm almost getting done, I don't remember reading someone who shared their interview experience mentioning they were been asked for pictures as proof of their marriage.

I also remember someone asked the same question and one folk response is that the stage of providing pictures and communications (i.e. text messages, email) are all in the part of submitting in USCIS.  If I'm not mistaken, he/she mentioned that it is up to you if you (the VJ'er is on CR-1) want to bring for evidences. Another here also shared their preparation and mentioned that she/he even had a 2 folder binder with them on the interview just to be well prepared and have it all in case IO will ask something but she/he was not been asked for proof such like photos and communications with their spouse. 

As for me even my wife's category is IR-1, I printed the 25 pages proof of bona fide marriage and will print photos with what we submitted at USCIS stage and some latest photos we're together. There's nothing harm of bringing more documents. "Better to have many documents and be required to provide few, than to have few and be required to provide many documents" just for my 2 cents. 

There is really a big advantage of being prepared and well organized. I recall my dad, when he had his interview in US Embassy, with his being well organize and his preparedness of having more files/documents, the lady IO congratulated him and appraised him for being organize. 

My Wife (petitioner) and I dont have wedding pictures together or in general because we got married mid covid. We are waiting for everything to open up for my family to fly to Florida and we are booking a wedding celebration for December 2022.

We do however have HUNDREDS of photos together from my 4 visits to her in the past 1.5 years. Photos of our mini engagement party.  Plus joint bank account, authorized credit card user, joint phone bill, im the beneficiary of her 401k, travel tickets, gifts and cards from friends/family congratulating us on the marriage.

I even have a few screenshots of skype logs but we skype literally everyday - 20+hr calls each time; could probably make a textbook out of it.

Should this be sufficient for CR1 visa interview? We will be married for one year in about 2 weeks !😊

Thanks!

Melissa

Timeline
10 minutes ago, rainbow-skies said:

My Wife (petitioner) and I dont have wedding pictures together or in general because we got married mid covid. We are waiting for everything to open up for my family to fly to Florida and we are booking a wedding celebration for December 2022.

We do however have HUNDREDS of photos together from my 4 visits to her in the past 1.5 years. Photos of our mini engagement party.  Plus joint bank account, authorized credit card user, joint phone bill, im the beneficiary of her 401k, travel tickets, gifts and cards from friends/family congratulating us on the marriage.

I even have a few screenshots of skype logs but we skype literally everyday - 20+hr calls each time; could probably make a textbook out of it.

Should this be sufficient for CR1 visa interview? We will be married for one year in about 2 weeks !😊

Thanks!

Melissa

IMO yes this suffice as proof of your bona fide marriage and supporting documents for you if you intend to bring on your CR-1 visa interview. 

Advance happy Anniversary E & Melissa :luv::joy:

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

Filing type: Online

Service Center: National Benefit Center

Local Field Office: San Bernardino CA

Date Filed N400: 06/2019

Biometrics Appt.: 07/2019 (25 days)

Interview Date: 01/2020 (6.5 months)

Oath & naturalization: 06/2020 (11.5 months)

:joy:Finally & Officially a U.S. Citizen! :dancing:

Timeline
On 6/19/2021 at 10:26 AM, State and Maine said:

I got my t-dap and mmr on the same day but was told I would have to wait 2 weeks to get the covid vaccine. So you should be fine

We just called our vaccine provider (TravelSafe Clinic in Vancouver) about this  -- we were told that per BC Health and Dr. Bonnie Henry, "no time limit needs to be considered between other vaccines and the COVID vaccine." 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Patelsn7 said:

Thank you very much!! I got my finger printing done last week just in the fear of them not accepting it, but this is good to know for others in the same boat

This is one of the best news Ive read in a while lol but my paranoid self makes me want to email the consulate myself and have them confirm just in case. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

@Patelsn7 @ME_RHEDZ77 @Riversong

I received a response from Montreal confirming the validity of the police clearance certificate to be 2 years.

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 10.37.03 AM.jpg

Thank you! This is great news for those who haven't renewed their PCCs before the original 1 year expiry date!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 6/18/2021 at 4:13 PM, HD_BIRDS said:

I do not know why I am quoted as writing this post. I have not written any posts about contacting the NVC about an expedite request.

I removed that post. 

Please do not edit a comment from another member as it is a TOS Violation to edit the content of a quote. 

Ontarkie

Moderation

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Ontarkie said:

I removed that post. 

Please do not edit a comment from another member as it is a TOS Violation to edit the content of a quote. 

Ontarkie

Moderation

Thank you! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

@From_CAN_2_US wow!!!! what a great relief to our folks here! We really appreciate you initiatives on bringing up this issue to US C.G. Montreal

@DGF may be you can add this new update info in FAQ?

Updated. Also this is excellent news for those waiting!

6 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Wow 20 minutes! Guess they dig in then...

Looking forward to the experience... :)

It certainly doesn't feel like 20 minutes! I would have said my interview was less than 10 minutes, with about half of that being actual questions and the other half being the interviewer doing stuff in his computer and giving the "you've been approved" spiel. 

5 hours ago, rainbow-skies said:

Thanks!

Melissa

99% of the time the marriage certificate alone is sufficient proof (in combination with the questions they ask). My binder was something stupid like 5lbs of "just in case" documents, but all I was asked for was what was on their checklist :lol: Bring as much as you need to make yourself comfortable going in to the interview though!

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
7 hours ago, ME_RHEDZ77 said:

@From_CAN_2_US wow!!!! what a great relief to our folks here! We really appreciate you initiatives on bringing up this issue to US C.G. Montreal

@DGF may be you can add this new update info in FAQ?

Wait...so this means they extended the validity for 2 years?

I just redid mine, and the RCMP said they sent it on June 4. I still have NOT received it: it was going from Ottawa to Montreal. I called Canada Post, and they said it is NOT normal that I didn't get it. 

In the RCMP email, it clearly states: 

"NOTE: Once the request is completed, the RCMP is not authorized to keep civil (non-criminal) fingerprints or copies of the certified results on file. If you have not received your document, have misplaced it or you require another certified document, you will need to re-apply."

Which you can imagine, made my heart sink. Over $300 down the drain, but if they extended the validity for 2 years, then I am fine...

1 hour ago, annierob said:

Wait...so this means they extended the validity for 2 years?

I just redid mine, and the RCMP said they sent it on June 4. I still have NOT received it: it was going from Ottawa to Montreal. I called Canada Post, and they said it is NOT normal that I didn't get it. 

In the RCMP email, it clearly states: 

"NOTE: Once the request is completed, the RCMP is not authorized to keep civil (non-criminal) fingerprints or copies of the certified results on file. If you have not received your document, have misplaced it or you require another certified document, you will need to re-apply."

Which you can imagine, made my heart sink. Over $300 down the drain, but if they extended the validity for 2 years, then I am fine...

The website does not show that the police certification validity is for  2 year now. Did you read  it somewhere ? where did you guys get this information. 

4 hours ago, HAB said:

The website does not show that the police certification validity is for  2 year now. Did you read  it somewhere ? where did you guys get this information. 

I think someone emailed the consulate and they replied that it is now valid for 2 years. I believe it was previously 1 year, they may have made the change due to the backlog

Timeline
7 hours ago, Danii said:

Just heard that Quebec may be going into green zone next week! Hope this will lead to more ILs in July. 

Yes! I just saw the news, came here to share and saw your post :)

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/beta.ctvnews.ca/local/montreal/2021/6/22/1_5480844.html

I hope this means a large batch of interviews in August (but I am not holding my breath)....

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

This is one of the best news Ive read in a while lol but my paranoid self makes me want to email the consulate myself and have them confirm just in case. 

If you go under travel. State. Gov under immigrate you will find this under civil documents. I had to go double check it myself.  Relieved as I'm trying to save money for the eventual trip to. Montreal. 💵💰💸

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.