Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And what if it was the Ontario-Quebec border closure creating this delay. Could some key employees be located in Ontario? Could most of of the visa applicants be from Ontario? It started late April, after having sent letters for May. But what if it was a hassle and they decided to stop until it reopen? Now Montreal goes into yellow and the provincial border is reopening, maybe we could something come up?

1 hour ago, G_K said:

And what if it was the Ontario-Quebec border closure creating this delay. Could some key employees be located in Ontario? Could most of of the visa applicants be from Ontario? It started late April, after having sent letters for May. But what if it was a hassle and they decided to stop until it reopen? Now Montreal goes into yellow and the provincial border is reopening, maybe we could something come up?

Could be.... but doesn't really make sense when you are allowed to travel for essential reasons. In Ottawa, just about everyone is crossing for non essential reasons too lol, mainly because both Ottawa/Gatineau police arent really enforcing it since it's costing the cities a lot of money. Ottawa/other Ontario police are rotating their checkpoints, and can't stop you from coming back into Ontario if you 1) live in Ontario, 2) your final destination is not Ontario. I have heard that Gatineau police and others in Quebec rarely set up checkpoints, and lots of Quebec residents are a little frustrated because they can't cross as freely for non essential reasons as Ontario residents. I remember reading a post here about how someone with an IL was turned back, but I do think that's rare and that police office was on a power trip 😕

Edited by Dania A

Timeline
14 hours ago, Riversong said:

100% if we knew when to expect our ILs we could make arrangements to visit with our spouses!!! The not knowing when our Interviews will be, the 14day quarantine upon return is barely enough time to make it back for medical and Interview.  In pre covid times we could have continued visiting, we had been doing this our whole relationship.  This covid has f-d everything up

At least there is a silver lining with the Canadian government expected to lift quarantine regulations for vaccinated travelers entering Canada in early July. It doesn't do much to overcome the issue of those stuck in limbo not being able to plan their lives for a permanent move, but it should make traveling back and forth across the border easier.

Timeline

Could someone send me a link to the Montreal K1 Interview tracking chart? I saw it once before, but can’t find it now..

You know folks, if it is indeed true only 2 days in the whole month of July is so far assigned to interviews, and most of those  are for K1 candidates whose cases were “ready” in November/ December (if there are just one or two from Nov/Dec while others are July/ August they can be ignored as they are probably expedite cases) that is the single most strongest indicator that interviews will be scheduled for CR1/IR1 in July. There must be at least 3 dates in between July 2 and 26 when they can conduct interviews. And even if one of them is assigned to Tier 3/4, atleast two remain for immediate relative. Among immediate relatives, spouses are probably the majority and so atleast some interviews must be scheduled in July.

I would like to see the chart to confirm this speculation...

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dania A said:

Could be.... but doesn't really make sense when you are allowed to travel for essential reasons. In Ottawa, just about everyone is crossing for non essential reasons too lol, mainly because both Ottawa/Gatineau police arent really enforcing it since it's costing the cities a lot of money. Ottawa/other Ontario police are rotating their checkpoints, and can't stop you from coming back into Ontario if you 1) live in Ontario, 2) your final destination is not Ontario. I have heard that Gatineau police and others in Quebec rarely set up checkpoints, and lots of Quebec residents are a little frustrated because they can't cross as freely for non essential reasons as Ontario residents. I remember reading a post here about how someone with an IL was turned back, but I do think that's rare and that police office was on a power trip 😕

I agree, as for Montreal going into yellow, I am not sure it will help much. (See my post yesterday analysing the difference between orange, yellow and green and what it means for in-office staff and groups.) What we need is for Montréal to go into Green.

53 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Could someone send me a link to the Montreal K1 Interview tracking chart? I saw it once before, but can’t find it now..

You know folks, if it is indeed true only 2 days in the whole month of July is so far assigned to interviews, and most of those  are for K1 candidates whose cases were “ready” in November/ December (if there are just one or two from Nov/Dec while others are July/ August they can be ignored as they are probably expedite cases) that is the single most strongest indicator that interviews will be scheduled for CR1/IR1 in July. There must be at least 3 dates in between July 2 and 26 when they can conduct interviews. And even if one of them is assigned to Tier 3/4, atleast two remain for immediate relative. Among immediate relatives, spouses are probably the majority and so atleast some interviews must be scheduled in July.

I would like to see the chart to confirm this speculation...

Here you go. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yXsBaODEcERCnBkkVhTklmw1LrFVkY9dE6z2Q5D2kCc/edit?fbclid=IwAR2y6wgSsyW0DjDRDar0yqH8FCHNhfWPeSX7HyJCSuCRGjkAfvquzrZSrKo#gid=1154446973

Timeline
2 hours ago, Shumai84 said:

Thanks very much.

Hmmm... so from this chart, taking the benchmark of NAO2 = DQ, the latest NOA2 fo K1 scheduled for interview is Jul 7. There is no record of those with NAO2 in Nov/Dec getting interviews. @Shumai84 shared one such instance, but could that be due to an expedite request? They couldn't have jumped the queue without some exceptional reason with people waiting with NOA2 in June, July, August, September, October still waiting.  

Going by this data. MTL doesn't seem to have gotten K1 caught up with CR1/IR1 even until the end of July. They are still at least a two months behind.

Thus, it is left to conjecture:

1. MTL could choose to bring K1 up to speed with immediate family, which would be in accordance with the guidelines from DoS and assign those additional days in July between July 2 and July 26.

2. MTL could assess that they can get K1 caught up over the next few months with immediate family, despite continuing to interview immediate family, and allot interviews to immediate family between July 2 and July 26.

Unfortunately, 1 makes more sense to me to be likely, especially since MTL did not interview K1s for three months (between December 7 2020 and March 2 2021) when Immediate Family were being interviewed.

But hopefully, MTL having more information than we do, assesses 2 to make more sense...  

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 hours ago, Riversong said:

It's the worst! I can totally emphasize with you.

Thank you. It is the limbo.  When my wife and kids got in the car and drove away leaving me here alone 5 months ago we hoped it would only be til I got my interview.  DQ Oct 5.  Lawyer told me my only chance to get home anytime soon is an expedite request. But if we're literally within a month or two of letters no point. If it was going to be another year I'd move to western Canada so I could at least be closer to Arizona.  But here we are in limbo

1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Thanks very much.

Hmmm... so from this chart, taking the benchmark of NAO2 = DQ, the latest NOA2 fo K1 scheduled for interview is Jul 7. There is no record of those with NAO2 in Nov/Dec getting interviews. @Shumai84 shared one such instance, but could that be due to an expedite request? They couldn't have jumped the queue without some exceptional reason with people waiting with NOA2 in June, July, August, September, October still waiting.  

Going by this data. MTL doesn't seem to have gotten K1 caught up with CR1/IR1 even until the end of July. They are still at least a two months behind.

Thus, it is left to conjecture:

1. MTL could choose to bring K1 up to speed with immediate family, which would be in accordance with the guidelines from DoS and assign those additional days in July between July 2 and July 26.

2. MTL could assess that they can get K1 caught up over the next few months with immediate family, despite continuing to interview immediate family, and allot interviews to immediate family between July 2 and July 26.

Unfortunately, 1 makes more sense to me to be likely, especially since MTL did not interview K1s for three months (between December 7 2020 and March 2 2021) when Immediate Family were being interviewed.

But hopefully, MTL having more information than we do, assesses 2 to make more sense...  

As discussed earlier in this thread, K1 does not have DQ dates like spousal and their NOA2 cannot be compared to DQ dates for spousal. My NOA2 (USCIS approves and send a case to NVC) is May 2020 and many of spousal folks here who are DQ Sep/early Oct have NOA2 prior to July 2020, so if we are to use NOA2 as a benchmark, one can argue that K1 is already ahead of spousal. 

I actually think your assumption is probably right in that the consulate is letting K1 catch up with spousal, but if that's the case, I just find it odd and frustrating there is no additional ILs being issued for K1 since May 26. If they are spending all the resource and time on K1 now, I want to see more ILs issued for K1 filling all the interview slots in July. That way, we can confirm our speculation that they are indeed letting K1 catch up with spousal and at least we have some confidence that spousal will get interviews in Aug. Besides, the lady in the vid said the volume of spousal is far larger than K1, so one would think they shouldn't have to spend 3 months to let K1 catch up with spousal. 

As @Kai mentioned, London UK seems to be in the same situation and no ILs have been issued for more than 2months, but I'm not sure if this is a global phenomena or just a coincidence. Mexico's backlog is far worse than Canada (they are still working on 2019 DQ for spousal), but they did issue ILs for July interviews in spousal category.  I think we are just being humans trying to find patterns from randomness to somehow make sense of it for our own sanity. 

Edited by Shumai84
missing words

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Shumai84 said:

As discussed earlier in this thread, K1 does not have DQ dates like spousal and their NOA2 cannot be compared to DQ dates for spousal. My NOA2 (USCIS approves and send a case to NVC) is May 2020 and many of spousal folks here who are DQ Sep/early Oct have NOA2 prior to July 2020, so if we are to use NOA2 as a benchmark, one can argue that K1 is already ahead of spousal. 

I actually think your assumption is probably right in that the consulate is letting K1 catch up with spousal, but if that's the case, I just find it odd and frustrating there is no additional ILs being issued for K1 since May 26. If they are spending all the resource and time on K1 now, I want to see more ILs issued for K1 filling all the interview slots in July. That way, we can confirm our speculation that they are indeed letting K1 catch up with spousal and at least we have some confidence that spousal will get interviews in Aug. Besides, the lady in the vid said the volume of spousal is far larger than K1, so one would think they shouldn't have to spend 3 months to let K1 catch up with spousal. 

As @Kai mentioned, London UK seems to be in the same situation and no ILs have been issued for more than 2months, but I'm not sure if this is a global phenomena or just a coincidence. Mexico's backlog is far worse than Canada (they are still working on 2019 DQ for spousal), but they did issue ILs for July interviews in spousal category.  I think we are just being humans trying to find patterns from randomness to somehow make sense of it for our own sanity. 

If they were trying to catch the k1s up to spousals, you’d think they would open more than 2 days a month to do interviews. I think it’s something nobody has thought of yet. I’m not sure what that is tho… possibly changing procedure or something along those lines for spousals 🤷‍♂️

Edited by State and Maine

39 minutes ago, State and Maine said:

If they were trying to catch the k1s up to spousals, you’d think they would open more than 2 days a month to do interviews. I think it’s something nobody has thought of yet. I’m not sure what that is tho… possibly changing procedure or something along those lines for spousals 🤷‍♂️

They did say in the video they are training. And that alone will take 3 weeks to a month. They may have put things on hold and we see a big rise in IL. It’s my hopeful thinking. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Shumai84 said:

Yes, I understand that, and you may have a point, but all that matters is perspective from which MTL sees it. From the video, they are comparing  K1 NAO2 dates to Immediate family DQ dates (reference end of first video) so from their point of view (which is the only one that matters in decision making and scheduling of interviews) K1 is 2 months behind Immediate Family.

Absolutely, if they won’t do one of the two options I stated in my last post, I would be very surprised. But there is still time for them for issue ILs in June (either for catch up of K1s or for Immediate Family). I don’t think we have enough data to say whether they will need one month or 2 months or 3 to get K1 to catch up. It depends how much they were neglected in the past several months. But since they have reached June/ July NOA2, I would guestimate it shouldn’t be more than 2 months (suspension of Immediate family interviews in only June and July, not August).

I think we are just being humans trying to find patterns from randomness to somehow make sense of it for our own sanity. 

I don’t think it is random, but I also think we don’t have and probably never have enough information to figure out the inner workings of the MTL. Sometimes, I wonder if it is better to be completely left in the dark, like some countries do with immigration, than be given bits of scraps of info which we Analyse to bits to find a pattern.

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Timeline
52 minutes ago, State and Maine said:

Yeah, they did make a reference to “change of processes” in one Facebook post back in May. I kind of figured that was related to the new tier system which meant they have to give more priority to K1 than they previously did.

But if it is something else, (or maybe it is something in addition to the above), then I hope it is something in ir1/cr1 favour...

New process to reduce backlog to maximum 4 month wait from DQ to interview!!! HEAR HEAR!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, JOLUANY said:

Thank you. It is the limbo.  When my wife and kids got in the car and drove away leaving me here alone 5 months ago we hoped it would only be til I got my interview.  DQ Oct 5.  Lawyer told me my only chance to get home anytime soon is an expedite request. But if we're literally within a month or two of letters no point. If it was going to be another year I'd move to western Canada so I could at least be closer to Arizona.  But here we are in limbo

I agree! I was visiting my husband in Arizona when we got the email saying we were DQ'd. I rushed back home thinking I would get my IL within their "1-3 month timeline" (what a joke)  10 months ago....this is beyond BS IMO. And Montreal is horrible for expediting cases. My husband was in a motorcycle accident last month, non life threatening injuries, but still needing help to walk the dog, clean, cook etc.... not approved for an expedite.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.