Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public part 3

2,934 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, G_K said:

Oh thank you, so that means I need to update only the Canadian Police Certificate, not others related to countries I lived in previously.

Assuming you haven’t been to the country you previously lived in since that country’s police certificate expired

44 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

no thread explosions here yet, so everything remains all quiet on the western front?

Hey, I tried to update my timeline since my interview. I wasn’t 100% sure with he paperwork I was handed at the interview, but I was approved at it June 12th. Received my passport back May 17th, if you wanted to update the spreadsheet. I know how helpful it was to see some of those stats going though. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dkw said:

Hey, I tried to update my timeline since my interview. I wasn’t 100% sure with he paperwork I was handed at the interview, but I was approved at it May 12th. Received my passport back May 17th, if you wanted to update the spreadsheet. I know how helpful it was to see some of those stats going though. 

^fixed it

@Flowergirl 737, interview report?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@Jay&SidOur visas have been issued yesterday and we received tracking confirmation from Canada post.

When did the passports arrive?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
1 hour ago, NimF said:

Same. Went in today to get a new RCMP check since it expires in July and a June interview doesn’t seem to be within reach.

Yeah my RCMP expires in June so I went to go get it redone last month. PSA for anyone who needs to get it, they mentioned delays when I went to get mine done. It’s been two weeks and I still don’t have it back yet, so just make sure you leave time to get it and don’t push it too close.

3 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

They keep mentioning these substantial backlogs they are experiencing but in theory, because people werent able to get married all throughout covid we surely should see fewer marriages and applicants, shouldnt that give the consulate a great opportunity to catch up on these backlogs? At least in the spouse and K1 category? Correct me if I am wrong. 

I’m not sure if they’re validating Zoom marriages? And yeah not to say VJ has everyone on board, but there’s a huge drop off in cases at some point on the spreadsheet. I wanna believe it’s for the reason you mentioned and they have a backlog break.

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet 
(follow instructions at the top of the page and DM @Hawk Riders to be added)

Timeline
Just now, aurmorr said:

Yeah my RCMP expires in June so I went to go get it redone last month. PSA for anyone who needs to get it, they mentioned delays when I went to get mine done. It’s been two weeks and I still don’t have it back yet, so just make sure you leave time to get it and don’t push it too close.

I’m not sure if they’re validating Zoom marriages? And yeah not to say VJ has everyone on board, but there’s a huge drop off in cases at some point on the spreadsheet. I wanna believe it’s for the reason you mentioned and they have a backlog break.

Woah, 2 weeks and nothing yet?! Which city did you get yours done in? Or that doesn’t matter because it’s the RCMP that has backlogs?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

Same here. Got mine done on April 29th and they still haven’t arrived

Timeline
5 minutes ago, annierob said:

Woah, 2 weeks and nothing yet?! Which city did you get yours done in? Or that doesn’t matter because it’s the RCMP that has backlogs?

I’m not sure about an internal backlog, but I know Canada Post is just doing the best they can so they said after 3 weeks to follow up. Im in Ottawa and had it done at Commissionaires.

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
6 minutes ago, aurmorr said:

I’m not sure about an internal backlog, but I know Canada Post is just doing the best they can so they said after 3 weeks to follow up. Im in Ottawa and had it done at Commissionaires.

Ugh. You just gave me the push I needed to get mine redone here in the US. Commissionnaires sent me all the info on how to do it abroad. It’s going to cost $$$ but I want that peace of mind.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Dkw said:

Hey all, 

Curious if there are any other Canadians here that are moving (or have moved) to Arizona!? Just looking to make some Canadian connections for any, more state specific, parts of the process moving forward. I will be crossing the ambassador bridge Saturday morning and starting at 5 day road trip! 

Once I move I will be moving to Bullhead City Az.  It borders Laughlin NV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, annierob said:

Ugh. You just gave me the push I needed to get mine redone here in the US. Commissionnaires sent me all the info on how to do it abroad. It’s going to cost $$$ but I want that peace of mind.

Yeah and I even double checked with the consulate since they were extending them for a while but that’s over too 😞 the cost hurts less than potentially getting even more delays

IR1 - DQ Oct 16 2020

---

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
1 hour ago, aurmorr said:

Yes! That was exactly my thought process... I was looking at the spreadsheet and dont see many new users after December so I figured that not as many marriages and thus applications have been getting filed which should have given them some opportunity to catch up and therefore they should be up to speed by July/August with the IR1 and CR1 not sure about the K1 timeline. Yet, they keep highlighting everywhere that Montreal is experiencing substantial backlogs etc even today in response to my email so it just made me wonder where these substantial backlogs are coming from.  

2 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Yes! That was exactly my thought process... I was looking at the spreadsheet and dont see many new users after December so I figured that not as many marriages and thus applications have been getting filed which should have given them some opportunity to catch up and therefore they should be up to speed by July/August with the IR1 and CR1 not sure about the K1 timeline. Yet, they keep highlighting everywhere that Montreal is experiencing substantial backlogs etc even today in response to my email so it just made me wonder where these substantial backlogs are coming from.  

Did they answer any of your questions or just another generic response?

Literally, the only question that needs to be answered right now is whether they are interviewing CR1 in June or not. That's it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.