Murph4865

Lax POE

39 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how far i will be able to go into LAX to get wife when she lands during this scandemic stuff, los angeles has re-instituted the mask stuff for even vaxxed people

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Does anyone know how far i will be able to go into LAX to get wife when she lands during this scandemic stuff, los angeles has re-instituted the mask stuff for even vaxxed people

Same as always, you cannot go into the secured areas.   You will have to wait outside the doors for international arrivals.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Absent a mask, you might be allowed to walk in the parking garage without a mask.  Inside the lobby or baggage claim you will be expected to wear a mask. 

Mask or not, without a boarding pass you won’t be getting through the TSA checkout to meet her at the gate.  With a boarding pass you will be required to wear a mask at the check point except for the ID check. 

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, payxibka said:

Same as always, you cannot go into the secured areas.   You will have to wait outside the doors for international arrivals.

I was just in LAX Yesterday. This is correct. Mask is required in the terminal ( Tom Bradley Terminal in this case), and you can wait at the top of the walkway ramp with everyone else waving their US flags and saying welcome to America. You can't miss it, pretty easy to find.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Loren Y said:

I was just in LAX Yesterday. This is correct. Mask is required in the terminal ( Tom Brady Terminal in this case), and you can wait at the top of the walkway ramp with everyone else waving their US flags and saying welcome to America. You can't miss it, pretty easy to find.

Bradley*

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

Bradley*

Edited, my bad. it was a long trip yesterday... LOL.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

2 minutes ago, Loren Y said:

I was just in LAX Yesterday. This is correct. Mask is required in the terminal ( Tom Brady Terminal in this case), and you can wait at the top of the walkway ramp with everyone else waving their US flags and saying welcome to America. You can't miss it, pretty easy to find.

I remember walking up the long ramp of destiny in 2019 with the boss. It was like being at the UN.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

17 minutes ago, boris64 said:

I remember walking up the long ramp of destiny in 2019 with the boss. It was like being at the UN.

No LAX memories and I don't intend to have any if I can help it.  My first POE was SFO and my first memories on US soil were of hearing Filipino airport employees gossiping about their families.  I thought, "Hey, it's just like being back home!" :D  SFO might be a more Filipino-friendly POE than LAX for someone not used to traveling abroad.

3 minutes ago, Chancy said:

No LAX memories and I don't intend to have any if I can help it.  My first POE was SFO and my first memories on US soil were of hearing Filipino airport employees gossiping about their families.  I thought, "Hey, it's just like being back home!" :D  SFO might be a more Filipino-friendly POE than LAX for someone not used to traveling abroad.

That's why I travelled with my wife. It probably would have been too much for her. But, she has learned since being here that she is much stronger and more adaptable than she thought she was.

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

4 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

Should of brought her to Texas: DFW is not enforcing Federal Mask Mandate,  and you can carry your gun concealed inside the airport.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

Should of brought her to Texas: DFW is not enforcing Federal Mask Mandate,  and you can carry your gun concealed inside the airport.

Yeah and drive for over 20 hours to the destination just so one can skip masking for 30 mins.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

36 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

At airport mask required fed law, i have texas address and i carry all the time nice little taurus g2

1 hour ago, boris64 said:

That's why I travelled with my wife. It probably would have been too much for her. But, she has learned since being here that she is much stronger and more adaptable than she thought she was.

If i could have went and traveled back i would have, but she also said she wanted to do it herself. Which i am proud of her for wanting to do on own

52 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

At airport mask required fed law, i have texas address and i carry all the time nice little taurus g2

They are not strict at DFW airport, Inside the plane they are but inside the airport not. I have traveled internationally 2 times June and July and no issue with no mask.   Governor Abbot declared mask madate illegal in Texas maybe that why is so relaxed: 

Governor Abbott Issues Executive Order Prohibiting Government Entities From Mandating Masks | Office of the Texas Governor | Greg Abbott

If she is arriving at Tom Bradley terminal, "the ramp" exiting customs is about 50 feet inside the  doors.  Easy to get to and no way anyone could wander past unnoticed.  In Immigration and the baggage claim area they have airport employees in red jackets standing around to herd any wayward foreigners in the right direction if they wander astray.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.