J&D1008

JULY 2021 I-129 K-1 FFILERS

721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, ericdima said:

Hi I am totally new to the forum, can someone explain which part of the case number I should be looking at? For example when you say “106500” is that what the case number starts with, or ends with, or what exactly? 

My NOA1 was first week of August 2021 and Im trying to gauge just how far we are compared to cases being worked on now. 

Your NOA1 is about a week after mine, so you are looking at getting your NOA2 around the beginning of October (assuming things don't slow down even more). Most of the approvals I am seeing coming through lately are around the 420-430 day mark. 

You should fill out your timeline on here, it does help you figure out where you stand in the process and gives you an estimated approval time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Fascinating... looking at this thread I see:

Week ending 8/5/2022: ~250 cases a week touched
Week ending 8/12/2022: 590 cases touched
Week ending 8/19/2022: 613 cases touched
Week ending 8/26/202: 728 cases touched

USCIS is finally reaching at least a point of balance rather than a grave deficit: I'm estimating their current intake at >815 cases a week.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Lynxyonok said:

Fascinating... looking at this thread I see:

Week ending 8/5/2022: ~250 cases a week touched
Week ending 8/12/2022: 590 cases touched
Week ending 8/19/2022: 613 cases touched
Week ending 8/26/202: 728 cases touched

USCIS is finally reaching at least a point of balance rather than a grave deficit: I'm estimating their current intake at >815 cases a week.

You are right, it seems to be trending upwards which is a great sign, but they are still in a big deficit. They only touched 728 cases, a lot of those are RFEs which means they did not complete 728 cases. They completed quite a bit less.

For a pessimistic view, feel free to check out this USCIS analyst on Youtube, he makes a video every month or so. According to him, they are completing about 400 per week and receiving about 800 new ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swxWPcVGjXI

2 hours ago, Cheddy said:

You are right, it seems to be trending upwards which is a great sign, but they are still in a big deficit. They only touched 728 cases, a lot of those are RFEs which means they did not complete 728 cases. They completed quite a bit less.

For a pessimistic view, feel free to check out this USCIS analyst on Youtube, he makes a video every month or so. According to him, they are completing about 400 per week and receiving about 800 new ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swxWPcVGjXI

A realistic view is that they will ramp up processing of K1s following the fulfillment of their financial year’s employment based visa targets (financial year ends in September). Also, please note that 728 touched cases means that they touched new cases, they simultaneously closed substantial numbers in March, April and May that were previously touched. 650-700 cases closed last week seem like a good guess. If the numbers don’t change substantially in October, I would be panicking myself :D

USCIS Analyst is definitely just analyzing numbers, but he has less of a full picture than what you get from the helpers on this site e.g. he ignores numbers pre-mid May, which makes no sense. It is definitely a very pessimistic view.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Nikobe said:

A realistic view is that they will ramp up processing of K1s following the fulfillment of their financial year’s employment based visa targets (financial year ends in September). Also, please note that 728 touched cases means that they touched new cases, they simultaneously closed substantial numbers in March, April and May that were previously touched. 650-700 cases closed last week seem like a good guess. If the numbers don’t change substantially in October, I would be panicking myself :D

USCIS Analyst is definitely just analyzing numbers, but he has less of a full picture than what you get from the helpers on this site e.g. he ignores numbers pre-mid May, which makes no sense. It is definitely a very pessimistic view.

I believe the cap for those visas for FYE2022 was reached on 8/23 per USCIS FB site. I suppose this may mean 4 weeks of optimistic numbers for everyone - until October 1st.

10 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

I believe the cap for those visas for FYE2022 was reached on 8/23 per USCIS FB site. I suppose this may mean 4 weeks of optimistic numbers for everyone - until October 1st.

I just read about it, too. That is indeed great news. I have also fact checked myself and it is indeed employment based visas, but also diversity visas that they have to fulfill their targets for. I have no view where they stand with these targets but once both is done, we should see an uptick in the right direction (hopefully, because nothing is ever secure with USCIS).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Ako & Rich said:

Hello everyone, this is Rich from "Ako and Rich". I just wanted to take a moment to commiserate with you all haha. 😩 Our NOA1 date is 7/19/21 and we are approaching the 13.5-month mark. I suppose there's a small chance we will receive our NOA2 by that point but I am doubtful. Perhaps 14 months is a more realistic estimate now; if so, I'm guessing the USCIS doesn't change their estimate to that because they feel they are really close to turning things around?

I visited Ako in Japan in August. It was an amazing time but it was also very sad leaving her behind. The crazy thing is that we are closer to receiving our NOA2 than ever but this might be the most difficult break from each other we have experienced since she and I became so much closer during my Japan visit. 😕 So I guess I'm just wondering if any other couples out there have had a similar experience with visits and time apart that they would like to share? Or maybe your experience has been different? I would love to hear your thoughts!

How did you visit in August? I thought borders were closed in Japan. I also want to visit my fiance in Japan but the guided tours didn't allow going off track I thought.

Timeline
54 minutes ago, Ako & Rich said:

Hello everyone, this is Rich from "Ako and Rich". I just wanted to take a moment to commiserate with you all haha. 😩 Our NOA1 date is 7/19/21 and we are approaching the 13.5-month mark. I suppose there's a small chance we will receive our NOA2 by that point but I am doubtful. Perhaps 14 months is a more realistic estimate now; if so, I'm guessing the USCIS doesn't change their estimate to that because they feel they are really close to turning things around?

I visited Ako in Japan in August. It was an amazing time but it was also very sad leaving her behind. The crazy thing is that we are closer to receiving our NOA2 than ever but this might be the most difficult break from each other we have experienced since she and I became so much closer during my Japan visit. 😕 So I guess I'm just wondering if any other couples out there have had a similar experience with visits and time apart that they would like to share? Or maybe your experience has been different? I would love to hear your thoughts!

I definitely agree that each consecutive visit is that much harder to rebound from. The raise in being about to see one's half in unspeakably amazing; the letdown after leaving them is progressively tougher. I will say that nonstop communication is a must as one travels through this journey. Selfies (and the more comfortable you're with them, the less manicured they are). Panoramas of where you are at that point in time (even if it be one's boring office desk). Constant texts (even when they are asleep).

And above everything: constant planning of the next meeting & things you're both going to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, gooblue said:

How did you visit in August? I thought borders were closed in Japan. I also want to visit my fiance in Japan but the guided tours didn't allow going off track I thought.

Hi! I’m Ako!

Can you check these PDF files?

https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/content/001361129.pdf

Please read page 3, Note 5.

You're officially engaged to a Japanese citizen, so you can visit your fiancé!! Rich applied for a visitor visa to Japanese consulate in NYC on July 2022 and got the visa. It'll take one week or so to get a visitor visa. We submitted a copy of Notice of action (Form I-797C) as an evidence of our engagement to Japanese consulate/embassy. Good luck!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.