J&D1008

JULY 2021 I-129 K-1 FFILERS

721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
40 minutes ago, gooblue said:

How did you visit in August? I thought borders were closed in Japan. I also want to visit my fiance in Japan but the guided tours didn't allow going off track I thought.

This link is for you!

https://www.miami.us.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_ja/11_000001_00472.html 

Edited by Ako & Rich

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ako & Rich said:

Hi! I’m Ako!

Can you check these PDF files?

https://www.moj.go.jp/isa/content/001361129.pdf

Please read page 3, Note 5.

You're officially engaged to a Japanese citizen, so you can visit your fiancé!! Rich applied for a visitor visa to Japanese consulate in NYC on July 2022 and got the visa. It'll take one week or so to get a visitor visa. We submitted a copy of Notice of action (Form I-797C) as an evidence of our engagement to Japanese consulate/embassy. Good luck!!!

OMG I HAD NO IDEA THANK YOU SO MUCH

Edited by gooblue

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
14 hours ago, Ako & Rich said:

Hello everyone, this is Rich from "Ako and Rich". I just wanted to take a moment to commiserate with you all haha. 😩 Our NOA1 date is 7/19/21 and we are approaching the 13.5-month mark. I suppose there's a small chance we will receive our NOA2 by that point but I am doubtful. Perhaps 14 months is a more realistic estimate now; if so, I'm guessing the USCIS doesn't change their estimate to that because they feel they are really close to turning things around?

I visited Ako in Japan in August. It was an amazing time but it was also very sad leaving her behind. The crazy thing is that we are closer to receiving our NOA2 than ever but this might be the most difficult break from each other we have experienced since she and I became so much closer during my Japan visit. 😕 So I guess I'm just wondering if any other couples out there have had a similar experience with visits and time apart that they would like to share? Or maybe your experience has been different? I would love to hear your thoughts!

I'm an August filer but seeing what's going on in this thread is getting me very excited!

I just returned home from the third visit in my fiances country and each time it gets harder and harder to leave. We are so lucky that we have had the opportunity to visit again, but a few days together is just never enough. It's just so hard not knowing when we will see each other again. I'm guessing January when I return for his visa interview (fingers crossed) This has all been so hard! This community has been great, sending love to all! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Cheddy said:

Hey All, 

Sorry for the delay, I had some issues scanning tonight. Finally got it done, but it was a real slow process and a pain in the butt.

Today's Updates:
106500 - 7 Approvals 
107000 - 1 Approval, 5 RFESs
107500 - 3 Approvals, 4 RFESs
108000 - 2 Approvals, 1 RFES, 1 Name Was Updated
108500 - 3 Approvals, 1 RFES
116500 - 1 Approval
117000 - 1 Approval
08/30/22: 30 Total Updates: 18 Approvals, 11 RFESs, 1 Other (Name Was Updated)

These daily updates are much appreciated!! Thank you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, EDawg said:

These daily updates are much appreciated!! Thank you!

I second that, as do so many others. Thank you very much for the time you put into this. It is extremely helpful. 🔥🙌

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nikobe said:

At the current pace of 150-160 daily cases worked on, it should be. They are finally doing enough to work on the backlog 🤠

They are far from reducing the backlog... For that thay need to close more than 800 cases a week. And in those 150s there are many rfes which just add to backlog.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, JankoB said:

Estão longe de reduzir o backlog... Para isso precisam fechar mais de 800 casos por semana. E nesses 150s há muitos rfes que apenas adicionam ao backlog.

Good evening, I would like to know more about this information that the agents are only doing this number of cases per day. If you can post the link so I can follow along.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm also in the 117000 and it is a little disheartening that it's the only group showing no approvals. Fingers crossed but good Lord, this is like watching paint dry. I take solace in that I'm not the only one going through this and I am also very appreciative of the updates that get done to the spreadsheet. God bless everyone's efforts and support. You all are appreciated. 

Alex

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Today's Updates:
106500 - 5 Approvals, 2 RFESs (5 new / 2 in progress)
107000 - 1 Approval, 3 RFESs (3 new / 1 in progress)
107500 - 4 Approvals, 5 RFESs (9 new / 0 in progress)
108000 - 4 Approvals (4 new / 0 in progress)
109500 - 2 RFES (2 new / 0 in progress)
08/31/22: 26 Total Updates: 14 Approvals, 12 RFESs

Timeline

CMIIW but, as of today, anything above 109500 is probably some sort of special circumstances, I'm guessing. My guess is they actually are going in order. Looks like every time we see a receipt number higher up in the 11XXXX's, it's a "one-off", which makes me think it's a special case.

Edited by Ako & Rich

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.