598 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Treasure1 said:

Am i the only july filer yet to get biometrics appointment 😭

I'm also still waiting. Our office would be Boston

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
7 hours ago, Treasure1 said:

Am i the only july filer yet to get biometrics appointment 😭

You guys Include me in this list as well.......waiting game actually for all of us......our numbers come soon, we all know.....but we all pray it will soon

I have just received an email notification ref. an RFE for my birth certificate and the same for my husband (or his passport bio page). These documents were supplied to USCIS with our package so I guess they must have got lost when they opened up the package/at the scanning in process. The digital version of the letter I received says, "You must either mail the requested information to the address shown below or scan and upload your response using your USCIS online account (if applicable)"

...so I guess I'll upload a digital copy of my birth certificate etc.  

Is there anything specific I need to be aware of when doing this? I've written a cover letter addressing the RFE, it says that I should supply the RFE itself so I guess I need to upload the RFE PDF, my cover letter and my birth certificate etc. in the response.

Edited by midsummer
Added more information

53 minutes ago, midsummer said:

I have just received an email notification ref. an RFE for my birth certificate and the same for my husband (or his passport bio page). These documents were supplied to USCIS with our package so I guess they must have got lost when they opened up the package/at the scanning in process. The digital version of the letter I received says, "You must either mail the requested information to the address shown below or scan and upload your response using your USCIS online account (if applicable)"

...so I guess I'll upload a digital copy of my birth certificate etc.  

Is there anything specific I need to be aware of when doing this? I've written a cover letter addressing the RFE, it says that I should supply the RFE itself so I guess I need to upload the RFE PDF, my cover letter and my birth certificate etc. in the response.

That is correct. I got the same rfe. I combined actual rfe, cover letter and actual birth certificate in one PDF file and uploaded to my uscis account. 
you should be good doing this.

did you receive your biometrics appointment yet?

1 hour ago, HarryHerc said:

That is correct. I got the same rfe. I combined actual rfe, cover letter and actual birth certificate in one PDF file and uploaded to my uscis account. 
you should be good doing this.

did you receive your biometrics appointment yet?

That is good to know, thank you. My biometrics appointment was last month. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Got an RFE notice today over Lawfully. It's asking for I-864, birth certificate, and marriage certificate, all things I've sent them. 🤦‍♂️ I feel like the lockbox contractors dicked something up when they separated the AOS apps for my wife and her daughter.

The only thing I might be wrong about is that the birth certificate was translated in the origin country, with notarization and apostille. Maybe it needs translation in the US?

But they didn't mention anything in the RFE about that not being enough, which makes me think they just lost it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is everyone required to have a biometrics appointment?  We still haven't gotten one, though we did the biometrics at the Embassy in Colombia during the visa stage (rather than a separate ASC appointment).  Maybe we won't be required to do biometrics again?

I'm crossing my fingers we don't get an RFE like others have here for documents that were included in the original package.  That is very frustrating to hear about-- hopefully it is easy for you guys to resolve.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, HBundle said:

I'm crossing my fingers we don't get an RFE like others have here for documents that were included in the original package.  That is very frustrating to hear about-- hopefully it is easy for you guys to resolve.

I was concerned as well after reading from fellow July filers that they are getting RFEs for documents they already submitted. I may be in the same boat because when I looked at what the contractors scanned in my I-485 account online, I am MISSING several important documents such as birth certificate and the I-864. To pre-emptively avoid any RFEs, I just uploaded “unsolicited evidence” in my USCIS account. I have a complete replica PDF of my AOS and I just uploaded them in the system this evening. Hope this works so that when they are finally able to work on my case, they will see all my documents and not ask me for RFE 😁

4 hours ago, uapilot said:

The only thing I might be wrong about is that the birth certificate was translated in the origin country, with notarization and apostille. Maybe it needs translation in the US?

I don’t think so. As long as it has the statement from the translator attesting to the accuracy of the translation and fluency in languages, it should be okay and shouldn’t matter of it was done here or in Ukraine. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 hours ago, HBundle said:

Is everyone required to have a biometrics appointment?  We still haven't gotten one, though we did the biometrics at the Embassy in Colombia during the visa stage (rather than a separate ASC appointment).  Maybe we won't be required to do biometrics again?

It's possible to reuse your biometrics from a previous time you did it, although there are people I've talked to who've had to do a bio appointment every time they apply for something. I believe your application status will indicate that they were able to reuse biometrics data from a previous process when someone at USCIS makes that call, however.

15 hours ago, HBundle said:

They will require biometrics. USCIS and DOS (to which consulates belong) do not share biometrics data. 

5 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

They will require biometrics. USCIS and DOS (to which consulates belong) do not share biometrics data. 

Hello Guys ! 
I have a confusion, My status showed scheduled for biometrics appointment and it is due today afternoon at 3 pm but when I checked the status this morning- it says now 

“Request for initial evidence was sent” 

Did anyone face this issue ? 
having got the biometrics appointment date and then the status changed to RFE???

3 minutes ago, RishDan said:

Hello Guys ! 
I have a confusion, My status showed scheduled for biometrics appointment and it is due today afternoon at 3 pm but when I checked the status this morning- it says now 

“Request for initial evidence was sent” 

Did anyone face this issue ? 
having got the biometrics appointment date and then the status changed to RFE???

Looks like they issued you an RFE today. It was just a coincidence that you also have your biometrics today also. Still attend your appointment today. You said you received an online access code right? I believe you can see the RFE letter and what they’re requesting. 

Edited by powerpuff

17 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

Looks like they issued you an RFE today. It was just a coincidence that you also have your biometrics today also. Still attend your appointment today. You said you received an online access code right? I believe you can see the RFE letter and what they’re requesting. 

Thanks ! 
Yes, the RFE was sent yesterday and it is asking a copy of mu birth certificate 

will it be possible to take it with me for my biometrics interview appointment today and submit ? Or should I submit it online via USCIS account?? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.