Cl&Ha

Meeting only once before filing the i-129f (merged)

59 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, xxlian said:

This thread makes me anxious all over again. 😕 There is no possible way that we can have more than one meeting before the interview at this point. There were plans for another visit and a flight booked, but it was cancelled because of Covid. 

Okay @xxilan, your turn!

First question, who is who, who goes to met whom, etc. etc.? smile

Start a new thread/question for you, and be clear about who is who,who went where, etc. okay. lol

You might be all set too. smile

Edited by Suze1

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cl&Ha said:

Me (27M) and my fiancé (22F)  met on reddit April 2020 and were  on a long distance relationship talking / video calling daily  . due to covid delays, she was  able to visit last month for 2 weeks which we spent entirely together and in which we got engaged in the presence of her mother and my family . my question is , is it risky to file the i-129f after only meeting once even if we can prove that we talked daily for more than a year online and that it is a serious relationship since both our families are involved... we are not meeting again until between October/Christmas again cuz covid hit hard financially ... any help would be much appreciated 

Well it does meet the initial requirement of meeting once within 2 years, but the more time the better.  Proves more of a stronger relationship. 

4 hours ago, Cl&Ha said:

Me (27M) and my fiancé (22F)  met on reddit April 2020 and were  on a long distance relationship talking / video calling daily  . due to covid delays, she was  able to visit last month for 2 weeks which we spent entirely together and in which we got engaged in the presence of her mother and my family . my question is , is it risky to file the i-129f after only meeting once even if we can prove that we talked daily for more than a year online and that it is a serious relationship since both our families are involved... we are not meeting again until between October/Christmas again cuz covid hit hard financially ... any help would be much appreciated 

I filed after one meeting and had no issues getting approved. We’ve also met multiple times after that as well so I doubt there will be any issues when we finally get an interview. I wish you well 

4 hours ago, Cl&Ha said:

Not a problem at all. You only have to have met one time in the past two years. Looks like you met that requirement. It worked for us and was also for 2 weeks. Good luck on your journey and congratulations!  

3 hours ago, Cl&Ha said:

So you're saying it's okay to file the i129f with only meeting once? That wouldn't get us denied from the first stage?? Because we sure are meeting again before the interview 

It’s ok to file with only one meeting. That is the requirement. More may be nice, but certainly not required. 

4 hours ago, Cl&Ha said:

My wife and I got denied when we tried the K1  we only had met in person once before filing, the denial was supposedly "Lack of proof of valid relationship."  Though we also had 23yrs age difference. we didn't think to printout screen shots of our chats on Viber and WhatsApp. to show we communicated daily.   We are still waiting for the inter view on our CR1/2s  actually as of Saturday they will be IRs.

8 minutes ago, Wcalmt1 said:

My wife and I got denied when we tried the K1  we only had met in person once before filing, the denial was supposedly "Lack of proof of valid relationship."  Though we also had 23yrs age difference. we didn't think to printout screen shots of our chats on Viber and WhatsApp. to show we communicated daily.   We are still waiting for the inter view on our CR1/2s  actually as of Saturday they will be IRs.

I’d say your situation was quite a bit different than OP’s. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Suze1 said:

You MUST meet at least once within last 2 years. That does NOT MEAN that meeting once is all that is required.

People have met many more times and for longer than two weeks and been denied.  It depends on the specific circumstances.

If you want to increase your chances of a positive response, and are risk-averse, after the second meeting sounds much stronger to me. Just one person's  view.

Actually, the REQUIREMENT is that they have had to have been together in person within two years of filing their petition. They have met that requirement.

My husband and I met and married on my first visit and we had no issues at any point during his immigration journey, up to and including naturalization. Not even a RFE at any point. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Go on and file. 1 visit plus other evidences like whatsapp voice and video call logs, chats etc is enough to get you through USCIS. 

Since there is financial constraints due to covid, I suggest y'all wait till a week or so before interview for her to visit again.

Interviewer: how many times have you met?

You: twice. Matter of fact, she's been here over a week now, here is her travel passport.

Perfect age difference. Parents approve of relationship. Boy file away. You're good to go.

Don't overthink.

Edited by Oko Vicki

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Mike E said:

Given the maximum stay of a B2 visa is typically 6 months,  and given normal K-1 timelines it appears the beneficiary is planning on an over stay.  CBP isn’t stupid and will sniff this out a mile away.  

And so, as per VJ’s terms of service, as they say on Shark Tank, I am out.  

What B2 spirit stealth bomber?? I mean visa... I'm Tunisian , she is a US citizen... she can come and stay as long as she pleases no visa required.  We ain't breaking no rules

Scary talks.

I have the same situation. Met after one year being in a relationship, and got engaged and now waiting for USCIS approval. Times have changed. We can’t meet because of travel restraints, plus my fiancé changed job twice within two years. Secondly, we have been talking to each other daily on video and sometimes for more than 4 hours. We showed all of this through screen shot. Provided 1 year of call logs and chats. Petition was the size of Harry Potter novel. If they will ask me why only one meeting I will be just honest. We can’t travel again and again as it’s risky and job factor. Secondly we know that we are ready. Let’s see what happens

fingers crossed 

Agree. Now that we have confirmed who is who...you are good/great to go to file, in our view , as well.

Sorry for the mixup (in our understanding).

Profile pic - Rainbow Tower of the Hilton Hawaiian Village - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii.

Why this for the profile pic?  Often in movies and on TV when they show Hawaii they show this beach/view. So, instead of doing Kauai or some other locale, we decided to do here, so that whenever some show shows Hawaii and this view, we will see where we were married.

BENEFICIARY (From Dubai)

2012 - US Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

2012 - First Night spent in the US - Waikiki Beach, Honolulu

2016 - Wedding on the beach, Honolulu, Hawaii

2016 - Honeymoon at the hotel in this photo, Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

They were filming a scene of Hawaii Five-O in the suite above ours during our Honeymoon stay! Actors everywhere!

Spouse hung out here with celebrities from the movie The Fifth Element back when he moved to Hawaii

2016 - US Spousal Visa, via DCF, Manila, Philippines

PETITIONER (from NYC)

1999 - Got a place right down the street from this hotel - Waikiki, Honolulu, Hawaii

2007 - Visited Philippines on vacation

2008 - Got a condo in Makati, PH

2012 - Considered for a role on the TV show, The Last Resort, shot out of Hawaii

SUMMARY TIMELINE

06/2011 - Met Spouse in Makati, Philippines

01/2012 - B1/B2 Tourist Visa, Manila, Philippines

10/2016 - Married in Hawaii

11/2016 - Filed for Spousal Visa DCF, in Manila, Philippines

12/2016 - POE, CR-1 Status Received

10/2018 - ROC I-751 Received by USCIS

10/2019 - Filed for Citizenship, N-400

03/2020 - Citizenship Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
3 hours ago, Cl&Ha said:

And he does be RIGHT. I'm Tunisian,  she's a us citizen.  So , well...

We filed after meeting ONCE and spending 6 WEEKS together and we were approved. Can't tell you if 2 weeks is enough...not many people would know for certain however, if you have chat logs that go right back, photos together, evidence it's a legitimate relationship then you should have no reason to worry. Follow all instructions, use the search tool on VJ and talk to people to gather information, YouTube etc., it's what we all did but be patient and be prepared to wait 7-8 months at this point.

Don't be disheartened by that, just take your time and do everything you can to provide evidence if you decide to file. Goodluck.

Edited by JoshandSarah

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have met the petition requirement, I would file with the expectation of approval. 

Tunis consulate is a bit more difficult.   I would not expect a visa to be approved with only one short visit.   You need to prepare yourself for the interviews with lots of evidence, if additional meetings are not possible,  but prepare yourself for the worst outcome 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.