2,965 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! 

My I-765 (C09) application is outside normal processing times. I know you can submit an inquiry online, but I’ve also seen people on here recommend reaching out to their congressman/congresswoman. Which route yields better results? 

Thank you in advance! Any input is greatly appreciated. 

18 minutes ago, One day at a time said:

Hey everyone! 

My I-765 (C09) application is outside normal processing times. I know you can submit an inquiry online, but I’ve also seen people on here recommend reaching out to their congressman/congresswoman. Which route yields better results? 

Cast your net on every resource and see which one nets the desired results.👍

55 minutes ago, One day at a time said:

Hey everyone! 

how long has it been?

1 hour ago, Lulu oz said:

Hi All,

has anyone seen today that VAWA processing time has now been pushed back to 20 - 26months 

this is frustrating...smh 

Case inquiry date for Form I-360 VAWA is May 22, 2019, with current estimated processing time between 19.5 to 25.5 months.

This is what i got from VERMONT today 

Just now, balo101 said:

That was earlier this morning. Later they updated and now you will see different processing time.

this is so frustrating, they should cut down the processing time. It is no joke for being victim of abuse and trying to wait for the process !!! it is very frustrating have to go through so much hurdle and not being able to move on from life!!! 

Hello Everyone ,

I just checked time processing for NY (i485) and it says they are on September 3,2018 filers and my case from June 2018 ..  do you know how credible is that and if I should ask my attn to submit a request as it's outside of the processing time ? Also any June 2018 filers from NY any updates on i485? 

45 minutes ago, Evasn said:

Hello Everyone ,

I just checked time processing for NY (i485) and it says they are on September 3,2018 filers and my case from June 2018 ..  do you know how credible is that and if I should ask my attn to submit a request as it's outside of the processing time ? Also any June 2018 filers from NY any updates on i485? 

If i were you i would reach out to Congress person or senator. This is indeed out of normal processing time. There are few people who filled vawa in 2019 from NYC got their interview. That's about vawa not sure about i-485. You can look at previous VAWA thread.

1 hour ago, Evasn said:

Hello Everyone ,

Your I-485 timeline doesn’t start until after vawa approval, when your case reaches the local office. When was your vawa approved?

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

2 hours ago, Evasn said:

Hello Everyone ,

Hi I’m from NY too, Sept 2018 filer here. I don’t know if that’s credible

On 6/22/2021 at 9:34 PM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Senator Gillibrand will definitely get back to you..She was very helpful to me so I know firsthand. What’s your worry? Sounds like things are moving along… next is the scheduled interview with notice..wait for it because it’s coming!😊👍

I  like it when someone says "it's coming" 

I hope soon :)

On 6/22/2021 at 12:16 AM, lolaB998 said:

I would say just keep pushing your congress person. Federal Plaza is insanely slow - I waited for 5 months post interview to get the green card. I asked my congresswoman to follow up with them very often and I think that helped. My lawyers also sent a couple of letters to Federal Plaza but we never received a response.

You are right.....I am gonna keep pushing them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.