2,965 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Hey Jenny, Sharshar42 is spot on with the info! There’s no set time for your case to stay at NBC. It’s possible it’s already at the local office! One sure way to find out is through your congressperson.👍

Thank you Stillwinning! Online only showing “My I-485 case is transferred to a new office for jurisdiction”, it does meant that it already at the local office?

9 minutes ago, Jennifer90 said:

Thank you Stillwinning! Online only showing “My I-485 case is transferred to a new office for jurisdiction”, it does meant that it already at the local office?

That’s the generic/standard  update when your i485 is transferred to either NBC or local office. Some people (myself included) got two notifications of the movement, others just get one.. it still moves regardless! So yeah verify through your congressperson!👍

3 hours ago, Evasn said:

The other day they were on June 2018 cases and then just skipped to September... I don't understand what's going on ... do you know if your case in the local office already? Did you get any letters about that ? 

Try to do infopass 

@Evasn  my lawyer inquired last Oct2020 and USCIS responded that it’s been in Fed Plaza by April 2020. My approval was July2020. Idk. Infopass won’t do anything 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
21 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Thank you for your kind response they already have the letter from the doctor from home country all I need is some sample that how the dr letter will be form USA will this be an email of appointment or a proper letter on letter head if you have any kind of format etc please share with

me

Following what USCIS says, ask the doctor to mention the nature and severity of her medical condition. How her illness is affecting her life and the consequences if she doesn't have the treatment in the U.S  .He must mention why she needs the treatment in the U.S and  if the treatment that she needs in the U.S is available in India.

She has to to show a letter from the medical facility in the U.S showing that they will provide the treatment, they must mention the cost of the treatment and how long she needs o stay in the U.S to complete the treatment, and they must mention how the treatment will be paid (doctor's' fees hospitalization etc.).Keep in mind if she qualifies to apply for B2 visa (tourism) they will deny the  Humanitarian Parole.It can take 60 to 120 days to issue the Humanitarian Parole, if  she is extremely ill then she can ask to expedite.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 hours ago, timartinezfan said:

i have  a question about my friend whao has a approved vawa and had a grren card interview in august of 2019 since then there is  no answer or rfe or no green card ?

what is the  hold up ? he has a lawyer in chicago and the case was in chicago too , he wrote to the  congressman and ombudsmen office but still no answer 

what is wait time ? 

Thanks

She needs to contact her asap.

Timeline
6 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

NYC local office is not responding to Congress office, reason no one knows. Before my Green Card was approved my Congress office sent 3x inquiry they were never responded. 

Yes, I can confirm that! My congresswoman reached out to them 5 or 6 times before getting a response...

Just now, Sk1992 said:

Hi everyone 

I am in  a very weird situation . I have mentioned it in my earlier posts that i have got my VAWA approval in April 2021. But no EAD. My lawyer applied i360, i485 and i765 (c31) . I never had EAD all this time since August 2019. She never agreed to apply c09. So i was so hopeful to get EAD with my vawa approval. But then i found out that as she filed i765 on a different form all together so now after my vawa approval i have to wait till they approve my i765 form. Ughhh..!! N idk how long they can take? I asked her to put expedite request she said it’s hard for you to proof your hardships. I was like what.!! A person without ead for 2 years and still hard to explain hardship.! I pay rent, grocery bills and etc n i borrow money from my cousin every now n then.!  What should i do? How long they can take for my EAD .? What should i send to Prove my hardships? I have decided to it myself though 

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Sk1992 said:

Hi everyone 

I am in  a very weird situation . I have mentioned it in my earlier posts that i have got my VAWA approval in April 2021. But no EAD. My lawyer applied i360, i485 and i765 (c31) . I never had EAD all this time since August 2019. She never agreed to apply c09. So i was so hopeful to get EAD with my vawa approval. But then i found out that as she filed i765 on a different form all together so now after my vawa approval i have to wait till they approve my i765 form. Ughhh..!! N idk how long they can take? I asked her to put expedite request she said it’s hard for you to proof your hardships. I was like what.!! A person without ead for 2 years and still hard to explain hardship.! I pay rent, grocery bills and etc n i borrow money from my cousin every now n then.!  What should i do? How long they can take for my EAD .? What should i send to Prove my hardships? I have decided to it myself though 

what was your timeline ? 

6 hours ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

That’s the generic/standard  update when your i485 is transferred to either NBC or local office. Some people (myself included) got two notifications of the movement, others just get one.. it still moves regardless! So yeah verify through your congressperson!👍

Can I ask Congress person even just 27days old at NBC?

Hi All,

I need help my friend vawa was approved last year . He went to green card interview two months ago, he interview was fine but he didn’t bring the medical exam with him so officer asked him drop the medical exam. But he haven’t received any letter from uscis to send the medical. When he asked lawyer he told him to wait until he gets rfe.

Does anybody have idea that he has to wait until get rfe or he can go uscis office and drop the medical?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.