2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, egy1 said:

hello everybody 

i am May 2020 filler and i got my first prima facie in 19 June 2020 

my 1st prima facie is experied already and i didn't get the renewal until now i don't knew it is normal or not in the processing .

i want to ask if i have to inquire about it or just wait ? 

If you need the prima facie to get health insurance then you can ask USCIS to issue the prima facie.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/20/2021 at 3:11 PM, El Escocés said:

I just read many pages from the above link. I have nothing to offer in advice or knowledge and just wanted to say that all of you are very inspirational people and your experiences & tales are very touching. I look forward to seeing many approvals! 

I’m sure the process may feel like an uphill struggle but imagine the view when you get to the top. All the best 

Let’s pray that we see more and more approved cases

21 hours ago, Six666 said:

What should I do?

Vawa and i485 applied in june 2017

Vawa approved november 2018

Since then nothing

My lawyer made an inquiry to Vermont center and they told us that my case has been sent to federal plaza so inquire them, my lawyer sent them a letter but no response.

I made an info pass and went to ask about my case and they told me my case is in line to schedule for interview (that was in march)

I have contacted senator Gillibrand and congressman as well and sent an inquiry request to ombudsman.

Senator Gillibrand will definitely get back to you..She was very helpful to me so I know firsthand. What’s your worry? Sounds like things are moving along… next is the scheduled interview with notice..wait for it because it’s coming!😊👍

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

Guys quick question, i friend of mine filled VAWA and 15 days ago she got the message that USCIS sent her the RFE. However, she has not received it yet. What are her options? should she call USCIS or congress person. The RFE is for form i-360.

Let her receive it first to see the request/ deficiencies then she’ll be informed of what is needed/ lacking! Another sure way of getting a copy of the RFE is through the congressperson! I highly recommend this! Let her act fast while waiting to see if it comes in the mail!👍

10 hours ago, ajango said:

I just wanted to return to thank everyone on this thread for their help. No my VAWA is not approved yet but I started the process.

When i decided to leave my abusive spouse I was very anxious about loosing my work permit. I came here with so many questions and they were answered. I attended the our I-130 interview alone and did not have my VAWA receipt notice yet. I only had a proof of delivery. The IO was very stern about my wife not attending. She told me was going to deny my I -130 and may also deny my I-485 even though I had a letter telling them to hold it in abeyance. I should her the police report, restraining order, copies of therapy sessions with domestic violence solutions but she said she was not sure if she can keep my I-485 pending and would have to go back to see what the law says. I showed her pictures of I and my spouse together, the IO made comments like "you guys look so happy together, what happened", "you mean this lady hit you", "is that the only injury you sustained", "did you ever hit her back". Those comments triggered me and I did my best to stay calm and referred her to the police report.

The good news is yesterday I received my vawa receipt and today my i-485 status changed to "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction" . I am also glad she did not deny my I-485 😀

It’s definitely progressing! Don’t worry your celebration is approaching! This community is lit! 🔥 😄

7 hours ago, egy1 said:

hello everybody 

i am May 2020 filler and i got my first prima facie in 19 June 2020 

my 1st prima facie is experied already and i didn't get the renewal until now i don't knew it is normal or not in the processing .

i want to ask if i have to inquire about it or just wait ? 

You can request a renewal or wait for it to be sent.. although I always advise those who benefit from the PF to go ahead and request it!👍

On 6/21/2021 at 5:53 PM, StanSmith said:

Timeline is 

I360vsi485 on june 2019

C31 February 2021

i360 approval notice March 2021

interview notice June 2021 for July 

Congratulations!🎈🎉🍾🎊 wish you instant approval like mines and many others here!😊👍

2 minutes ago, StanSmith said:

Thanks but I’m super confused my online application status didn’t change at all! Still at “case was received “ so confused 

You do not have to be confused. USCIS is not infallible, there are mistakes, glitches and oversights too. So many people didn’t get updates up until receipt of Greencard! Relax and ace that interview…you’ve got this!🤞🏼😊

6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

You do not have to be confused. USCIS is not infallible, there are mistakes, glitches and oversights too. So many people didn’t get updates up until receipt of Greencard! Relax and ace that interview…you’ve got this!🤞🏼😊

Thank you a lot! Can you tell me what did you take to interview with you? I know people answered here a lot but want to make sure I don’t forget anything! Do I need to make new medical?

8 minutes ago, StanSmith said:

Thank you a lot! Can you tell me what did you take to interview with you? I know people answered here a lot but want to make sure I don’t forget anything! Do I need to make new medical?

You’re welcome. You’ve pretty much been briefed on what documents to take with you… best go with them all! You shoukd only get new Medicals if the old one is expired! 👍

Filed: Other Timeline
7 hours ago, hoping4goodnewz said:

Hi everyone, I have a quick question. in Feb 2020 I went for Biometrics related to my i765, but then applied for vawa in Jan 2021 - will those biometrics be applied to my new i485 and i765 since it's within 15 months. Thanks

It's likely you'll go for a new set of prints. In my case I went for a new set. They'll notify you to go to the nearest ASC to get them done.

What would you do if you’re in my shoes?

Filed in 2018.

Divorced that same year. 

Moved to a different state in 2020 (during which a letter was sent to my old address). Found out that this letter was returned to USCIS due to address change. I’ve sent several requests pleading for USCIS to resend this letter to my new address. I don’t know what it entails (RFE, maybe?).

I’ve received several correspondence at my new address including EAD renewals and prima facie letters so the address is not the issue. I sent an updated police clearance from my new state to nudge them to review my application.  I engaged my congressman for support and requested an update for ‘out of processing time’  from USCIS. Radio silence. 

Should I engage an attorney at this point? It’s been pending for almost 3 years and I don’t know what else to do or think. 

Edited by Double

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.