2,965 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Congrats!

Make sure you have copies of marriage,divorce, certs as well as all EADs and tax returns. If anything changed from time  of application to interview like employment; write it on a piece of paper and hand over to the IO before the interview starts. Otherwise historically, you’ll be asked yes/no questions and nothing about the abuse. And have your updated medicals with you!
Good luck to you! 

Thanks so much 🙏🏽

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Tyo said:

Thanks so much 🙏🏽

It’s worth mentioning that you should be relaxed. Try to have small talk with IO before you enter the interview room. I recall telling the IO that I came from far far away(shrek thingy lol) for the interview and we laughed before the interview. The whole atmosphere was chill after that :)

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s worth mentioning that you should be relaxed. Try to have small talk with IO before you enter the interview room. I recall telling the IO that I came from far far away(shrek thingy lol) for the interview and we laughed before the interview. The whole atmosphere was chill after that :)

😀😀Okay … thanks 

38 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Ohhh You've got balls :D I don't know if I will be able to joke with the IO, I am gonna sh**t my paaaaants :( I get so nervous! 

44 minutes ago, Mkenyan said:

Hi guys, I have a question, I came back to US last month, using a travel Parole on a pending VAWA case. There after I have tried to contact congressman, senator,. ombudsman and they are all not responding..so l decided to call USCIS, the USCIS lady was very kind and advised me to sent a letter directly to Vermont explaining to them about my expedite request, explain challenges I'm facing and processing time which l did in that letter plus I included some documents. But on my online status that request letter to Vermont was entered as "Correspondence Received on September" since that no response.

Also I did the online service request and same thing no response to date.

As you can all see, my case is already past processing time as per the latest USCIS processing time posted on their website, I don't have EAD to work, no driver's license, no food,  no jacket for this cold weather, no money, no nothing and soon I might become homeless.

I'm stressed and l don't even know how to survive this. Should I work under the table? I have never tried it, I hate to break the law but I don't have friends or anyone around who can help me right now!

There is a church that gives me food every Sunday. But I walk Miles to get there, I also feel very uncomfortable lining up for food yet I can work for it. It's really rough and I'm beginning to feel depressed and spend nights without sleep. What should I do guys?? Also they didn't renew my prima facie, they sent them twice, after that the last one received became expired on January, so no way I can get public benefits....

I'm just here with God and myself!! Any advice please, thank you everyone.

And sorry guys for writing too many words....I'm just depressed.

Screenshot_20211018-190149~2.png

i see many get approval after this status, your time is here 

7 hours ago, Tyo said:

Just received a letter from my lawyer that I’m having my I485 interview in 3 weeks. I’m happy the journey is going to an end but nervous as well, was expecting RFE for medical. Please can you tell me all what I will need to prepare for this interview. Thanks 🙏🏽 

Hi 

All will be well

Please , if you don’t mind, can you share your timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
10 hours ago, Aadi135 said:

@TBoneTX It seems USCIS reads your jokes chuckles, says "that was good one" and hit approve for case they are working on, These are not jokes, these are magical spell you are doing to get us approval, not less than angel/wizard. God bless you, 

Aw, shucks... you're too kind.  If I were really this good, I'd be gambling in Las Vegas!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has grown very large in size, so it's now closed to further comment.  The continuation thread is here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/772751-vawa-part-24/

---

Be sure to carry unfinished conversations to the new thread!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.