2,965 posts in this topic

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Six666 said:

What should I do?

Vawa and i485 applied in june 2017

Vawa approved november 2018

Since then nothing

My lawyer made an inquiry to Vermont center and they told us that my case has been sent to federal plaza so inquire them, my lawyer sent them a letter but no response.

I made an info pass and went to ask about my case and they told me my case is in line to schedule for interview (that was in march)

I have contacted senator Gillibrand and congressman as well and sent an inquiry request to ombudsman.

I would say just keep pushing your congress person. Federal Plaza is insanely slow - I waited for 5 months post interview to get the green card. I asked my congresswoman to follow up with them very often and I think that helped. My lawyers also sent a couple of letters to Federal Plaza but we never received a response.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, StanSmith said:

Can you please tell me what original docs I must have?

Sure, so I would suggest to bring originals for everything you submitted with the VAWA package because you never know what they will ask for. But the key documents that must be original are:

- passport

- marriage certificate

- birth certificate

- certified copy of the divorce certificate if applicable

- EAD and other IDs (state ID etc)

- medical form if applicable (must be sealed)

btw bring a couple of passport pictures just in case - USCIS lost mine and they asked me for it during the interview

6 hours ago, lolaB998 said:

Sure, so I would suggest to bring originals for everything you submitted with the VAWA package because you never know what they will ask for. But the key documents that must be original are:

- passport

- marriage certificate

- birth certificate

- certified copy of the divorce certificate if applicable

- EAD and other IDs (state ID etc)

- medical form if applicable (must be sealed)

btw bring a couple of passport pictures just in case - USCIS lost mine and they asked me for it during the interview

Thanks! So if I filled medical do I need to make a new one? Just in case?

10 hours ago, DanyT. said:

Hi all,

My EAD expired a week ago. I submitted the renewal on september 2020, no news until now. Anyone knows how long would it take the approval?.

BTW, I filled vawa on november 2019. No news. 

Am in the same situation. Mine is expiring next week and am thinking of going through my congress person as my lawyer has been saying be patient for the last 3 months and now HR at work have starting asking that I submit a  new card since the one in file will be expiring soon. Do you think reaching my congress person is a good idea since I have a lawyer but he is not willing to do anything

Filed: Other Timeline
31 minutes ago, Bessly said:

Am in the same situation. Mine is expiring next week and am thinking of going through my congress person as my lawyer has been saying be patient for the last 3 months and now HR at work have starting asking that I submit a  new card since the one in file will be expiring soon. Do you think reaching my congress person is a good idea since I have a lawyer but he is not willing to do anything

If you are working and you submitted your EAD renewal on time your EAD is extended for 180 days more. I'm not sure if the congressman can help because normally they take sometime to manage the requests. For now I'm thinking to send a letter to uscis. I'll keep you posted if my status change.

32 minutes ago, Bessly said:

My green card is approved and its at my lawyer's office and my EAD is still saying case updated to show fingerprints. If you applied for c09 there's 180 days extension just take the receipt to your employer you should be fine.

11 hours ago, Six666 said:

What should I do?

Vawa and i485 applied in june 2017

Vawa approved november 2018

Since then nothing

My lawyer made an inquiry to Vermont center and they told us that my case has been sent to federal plaza so inquire them, my lawyer sent them a letter but no response.

I made an info pass and went to ask about my case and they told me my case is in line to schedule for interview (that was in march)

I have contacted senator Gillibrand and congressman as well and sent an inquiry request to ombudsman.

Please tell your lawyer to be aware of any RFE for Medicals, they are sending for those late 2018 applicants and up NYC is very slow right now. All the Green card approvals I have seen are from 2017, 2018, 2019. You will be soon. Contact your congressman to inquiry but be prepared USCIS Federal Plaza local office barely responding to congress office. 

hi guys, good afternoon, i have a quick question regarding i-912 requesting fee waiver form. i accidentally left the part5. #8 Total Household Income section empty.  Is there any chance it'll go through like this or my whole package will be sent back to me?  thanks for your kind response. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 10.47.41 AM.png

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello everybody 

i am May 2020 filler and i got my first prima facie in 19 June 2020 

my 1st prima facie is experied already and i didn't get the renewal until now i don't knew it is normal or not in the processing .

i want to ask if i have to inquire about it or just wait ? 

3 hours ago, FeDaniela said:

Please tell your lawyer to be aware of any RFE for Medicals, they are sending for those late 2018 applicants and up NYC is very slow right now. All the Green card approvals I have seen are from 2017, 2018, 2019. You will be soon. Contact your congressman to inquiry but be prepared USCIS Federal Plaza local office barely responding to congress office. 

Hi, USCIS sent me a letter last July 2020 about my schedule to be interviewed  and that I should wait for RFE (medicals) and mail it or bring it with me to the interview. Does it usually take this long for them to send me my RFE? I am a Sept 2018 applicant. It’s really making me angry that this is taking forever! I filed at NYC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.