2,965 posts in this topic

Timeline
3 hours ago, StanSmith said:

Hey guys! So I finally got my interview notice for July,what paperwork do I need to take with me? Thanks!

(1) EAD card 

(2) birth certificate 

(3) 3 years or the latest tax return 

(4) passport if any 

(5) Divorce documents if any 

(6) Photo ID if any 

(7) your VAWA approval documents if any 

(8) make sure you have answers to questions in your I-485 form 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 6/20/2021 at 3:27 PM, balo101 said:

@Demise

This is your respose to one of the questions in previous thread.

"You can file for divorce at any point. Only possible downside to getting divorced is the 2 year time limit after death/divorce for filing I-360. So if you get divorced, 2 years pass, and your I-360 is denied you are no longer able to refile and can only fight the denial on the first I-360 by either a Motion to Reopen or an Appeal to the AAO".

My question is when does the date of divorce limit starts?

When you filled the divorce or when is actually finalized. Lets say i filled divorced on 02/25/2020 but it finalized on 12/18/2020.  When would my 2 years limit starts?

The date that the divorce was finalized and decree issued.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Is USCIS  working today due to some new holiday Juneteenth ?

First of all, it is not "some new holiday", be a little bit more respectful of others culture.  Furthermore, anytime it is a FEDERAL HOLIDAY, offices are closed and the closed date is specified.  

4 hours ago, StanSmith said:

Hey guys! So I finally got my interview notice for July,what paperwork do I need to take with me? Thanks!

Just bring what they ask for in the letter.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

2 hours ago, sheima said:

(1) EAD card 

(2) birth certificate 

(3) 3 years or the latest tax return 

(4) passport if any 

(5) Divorce documents if any 

(6) Photo ID if any 

(7) your VAWA approval documents if any 

(8) make sure you have answers to questions in your I-485 form 

What if I didn’t divorce yet?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Okay, in Miami Dade County everything is closed due to that holiday today. I guess some observed on Friday others observe it today...

Yes, the holiday is brand-new as a Federal holiday.  It was approved so close to its day of occurrence that some Federal agencies couldn't react by giving their employees the day off on Friday (for example, the U.S. Postal Service), and the rumor was that some, most, or all of these agencies might do so on Monday (today) instead.  By next year, everyone should certainly be on schedule.

Juneteenth marks a special event in U.S. history -- one already celebrated in many of the U.S. states -- and it's very appropriate as a Federal holiday.  Do a web search for why it's so special and important!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

What should I do?

Vawa and i485 applied in june 2017

Vawa approved november 2018

Since then nothing

My lawyer made an inquiry to Vermont center and they told us that my case has been sent to federal plaza so inquire them, my lawyer sent them a letter but no response.

I made an info pass and went to ask about my case and they told me my case is in line to schedule for interview (that was in march)

I have contacted senator Gillibrand and congressman as well and sent an inquiry request to ombudsman.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.