2,965 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Double said:

What would you do if you’re in my shoes?

Filed in 2018.

Divorced that same year. 

Moved to a different state in 2020 (during which a letter was sent to my old address). Found out that this letter was returned to USCIS due to address change. I’ve sent several requests pleading for USCIS to resend this letter to my new address. I don’t know what it entails (RFE, maybe?).

I’ve received several correspondence at my new address including EAD renewals and prima facie letters so the address is not the issue. I sent an updated police clearance from my new state to nudge them to review my application.  I engaged my congressman for support and requested an update for ‘out of processing time’  from USCIS. Radio silence. 

Should I engage an attorney at this point? It’s been pending for almost 3 years and I don’t know what else to do or think. 

I don't think a lawyer will make a different at this point, it looks like you managed very well all. I seem few cases from 2018 still pending background security checks. Which has cause delay on their particular case. 

34 minutes ago, Double said:

What would you do if you’re in my shoes?

Filed in 2018.

Divorced that same year. 

Moved to a different state in 2020 (during which a letter was sent to my old address). Found out that this letter was returned to USCIS due to address change. I’ve sent several requests pleading for USCIS to resend this letter to my new address. I don’t know what it entails (RFE, maybe?).

I’ve received several correspondence at my new address including EAD renewals and prima facie letters so the address is not the issue. I sent an updated police clearance from my new state to nudge them to review my application.  I engaged my congressman for support and requested an update for ‘out of processing time’  from USCIS. Radio silence. 

Should I engage an attorney at this point? It’s been pending for almost 3 years and I don’t know what else to do or think. 

For me I think congressperson is more effective! I used two of them and one of them (Gillibrand of New York) was more effective. You do not have to stick to one.. explore you’re options..expand your horizon!😊 also wanted you to know the delay is not unusual..they’re probably still deliberating on your case!👍

6 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

For me I think congressperson is more effective! I used two of them and one of them (Gillibrand of New York) was more effective. You do not have to stick to one.. explore you’re options..expand your horizon!😊 also wanted you to know the delay is not unusual..they’re probably still deliberating on your case!👍

Thanks. Did the congressman send a confirmation that they’re engaged in your case? I didn’t receive anything from mine.

I’ll engage another congressman. 

33 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

I don't think a lawyer will make a different at this point, it looks like you managed very well all. I seem few cases from 2018 still pending background security checks. Which has cause delay on their particular case. 

Yea, I heard that but wish there was some sort of correspondence from them. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Double said:

Thanks. Did the congressman send a confirmation that they’re engaged in your case? I didn’t receive anything from mine.

I’ll engage another congressman. 

Yes. But be proactive, keep poking..until you get a response! Lord knows that until I got my GC, both my attorney, congresswoman, and USCIS knew no rest! The good Lord wasn’t left out as well!😄 

Family i need help, 

what kind of documentation can i provide to expedite my EAD for hardship ?? excluding bills. 

My congress is able to expedite on behalf of me for hardship. Please help !! Since USCIS tends to reject expedite if petitioners provide bills. 

11 minutes ago, Sk N said:

Family i need help, 

what kind of documentation can i provide to expedite my EAD for hardship ?? excluding bills. 

My congress is able to expedite on behalf of me for hardship. Please help !! Since USCIS tends to reject expedite if petitioners provide bills. 

I would say provide them you bank statement if you have any, just to show them balance. 

25 minutes ago, Sk N said:

Family i need help, 

I expedite once with an employer letter,  he stated the company will have a loss if my EAD was not renew on time due to business travel already arranged etc... Also Medical bills are very good for expediting.  

6 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

I expedite once with an employer letter,  he stated the company will have a loss if my EAD was not renew on time due to business travel already arranged etc... Also Medical bills are very good for expediting.  

i just requested my HR to do it for me as well, since my company has been waiting for me to join back from February 

On 6/21/2021 at 3:53 PM, StanSmith said:

Timeline is 

I360vsi485 on june 2019

C31 February 2021

i360 approval notice March 2021

interview notice June 2021 for July 

I applied i360 in august 2019 and was approved in April 2021. I hope i get the interview soon too.! Even though there is no update on i485. Which state you r in? 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/20/2021 at 2:15 AM, TBoneTX said:

Faith, prayer, legal advice, and firm emotional & moral support have led to VAWA and I-485 approvals.

If correlation = causation, our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Jokes have done the same. :) 

In that spirit, here is our Official VAWA-Thread Joke for this week:

---------------

THE DUCK RULE

Three guys died together in an accident and went to Heaven.  When they got there, St. Peter said, "We have only one rule here in Heaven -- don't step on the ducks!"

The guys entered Heaven, and, sure enough, there were ducks all over the place.  It was almost impossible not to step on any, and although they tried their best to avoid them, the first guy accidentally stepped on one.

Along came St. Peter with the ugliest woman that the guy had ever seen.  St. Peter chained them together and said, "Your punishment for stepping on a duck is to spend eternity chained to this ugly woman!"

The next day, the second guy accidentally stepped on a duck.  Along came St. Peter, and with him was another extremely ugly woman.  He chained them together with the same admonishment as for the first guy.

The third guy observed all this.  Not wanting to be chained for all eternity to an ugly woman, he was very, VERY careful where he stepped.

He managed to go months without stepping on a duck.  One day, St. Peter came up to him with the most gorgeous woman he had ever laid eyes on -- a tall, tan, curvaceous, traffic-stopping blonde.  St. Peter chained them together without saying a word.

The guy said to the blonde, "I wonder what I did to deserve being chained to you for all of eternity?"

She said, "I don't know about you, but I stepped on a duck!"

:P 

Hahahahahahahah 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Lulu oz said:

Hi All,

has anyone seen today that VAWA processing time has now been pushed back to 20 - 26months 

this is frustrating...smh 

Well, based on the timelines of the recent C31 issue dates / I-360 approvals published on the forum in the last few months, I calculated a very rough average of 20 to 21 months at least for the approvals, with few exceptions. Maybe USCIS staff started looking at this forum and corrected their estimates accordingly. 🙃 

Divorced US citizen spouse in December 2017. 

Filed I-360 on Nov 12, 2019

Filed I485/ C31 EAD / AP in Feb 2020 (Stupid lawyer filed C31 instead of C9, and I didnt know EAD codes, didnt know about this VJ forum either)

On H1b status since 2014, H1b 6 years expired in May 2020. Out of status / Period of authorized stay since then. 

Amended EAD petition to C9 and filed expedite request for same in mid-may 2020. 

C9 EAD approved June 4, 2020. 

Biometrics done in Oct 2020. 

I485 case transferred to NBC for "faster processing" on September 30, 2020

Filed C9 EAD / AP Renewal petition in February 2021. 

Initial Advance Parole (from Feb 2020 application) approved in June 2021. 

C31 EAD production update - Nov 1st, 2021. 

C31 card delivered to attorney's office on Nov 8, 2021. 

I-360 case approved status update - Nov 22, 2021. 

No RFE throughout.  

Senator's office confirmed via congressional inquiry that the St. Louis office has received the I485 file and is currently awaiting interview scheduling - March 7, 2022

C9 EAD renewal card production case update - July 20, 2022 (took them just 17 months to process)

C9 EAD / AP renewal approval case update on both cases on July 21, 2022.

Combo card delivered to attorney's office on July 27, 2022

Medical exam RFE Drama: Second congressional inquiry sent in early July 2022 for I485. USCIS responded on 8/12/22 to this congressional inquiry that they issued an RFE on 5/24/22 and were waiting for my response. My lawyer denied receiving RFE and there was no such update on online USCIS portal. Lawyer's old firm was safe mailing address on my case. Lawyer changed firms a year after I hired her but did not change mailing address for my case with USCIS, she said she had a deal with her old firm to forward all her clients' mail to her new firm. Old firm denied receiving RFE. Sent another congressional inquiry requesting copy of RFE on 8/17/22. I also got medical exam done on 8/17/22 as I assumed RFE was for medical exam (thanks for this forum's insights.) Yelled at lawyer and threatened her with dire consequences. On 8/18/22 my lawyer's old firm finally found scanned copy of RFE in their "archived scans" (whatever the duck that is) and emailed it to me. It was indeed RFE requesting medical exam. On 8/20/22 I mailed medicals sealed packet with copy of RFE to St. Louis field office. Also sent a notarized letter with the packet - updating safe mailing address to my home address and informing St. Louis field office that I fired my lawyer. Sent similar letter to Vermont Service Center on the same date. 

8/23/22 - Fedex confirmed delivery of medicals packet to St. Louis Field Office. 

8/26/22: Case update on I485: New Card Is Being Produced

8/29/22:  On August 29, 2022, we approved your Form I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR ADJUST STATUS

9/3/22 green card delivered to attorney's office (they didn't change safe mailing address despite my written requests to FO AND VSC.) 

9/6/22 VSC returned AR11 and my letter requesting safe mailing address change. In their letter they said something to the effect of "you can do this online, we wont do it via snail mail request etc." Just posting as an FYI, its weird. Also received I485 approval notice on the same date. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Chancy said:

If your relatives are applying for a tourist visa for a medical emergency, they also need documents from a doctor in their home country stating that treatment for their illness is not available locally.  They also need proof of funds to show the consul officer that they can afford healthcare costs in the US.  If treatment is actually possible in their home country, getting a tourist visa for medical treatment in the US will be unlikely.

Thank you for your kind response they already have the letter from the doctor from home country all I need is some sample that how the dr letter will be form USA will this be an email of appointment or a proper letter on letter head if you have any kind of format etc please share with

me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.