2,965 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Evasn said:

The other day they were on June 2018 cases and then just skipped to September... I don't understand what's going on ... do you know if your case in the local office already? Did you get any letters about that ? 

Try to do infopass 

how do you check current case year processing? 

48 minutes ago, Dharmaraj said:

Hi All,

I need help my friend vawa was approved last year . He went to green card interview two months ago, he interview was fine but he didn’t bring the medical exam with him so officer asked him drop the medical exam. But he haven’t received any letter from uscis to send the medical. When he asked lawyer he told him to wait until he gets rfe.

Does anybody have idea that he has to wait until get rfe or he can go uscis office and drop the medical?

He should have dropped the medical since the officer told him to drop. 

Did the officer gave him any information or notice how to drop etc?

7 hours ago, Sk1992 said:

Hi everyone 

I am in  a very weird situation . I have mentioned it in my earlier posts that i have got my VAWA approval in April 2021. But no EAD. My lawyer applied i360, i485 and i765 (c31) . I never had EAD all this time since August 2019. She never agreed to apply c09. So i was so hopeful to get EAD with my vawa approval. But then i found out that as she filed i765 on a different form all together so now after my vawa approval i have to wait till they approve my i765 form. Ughhh..!! N idk how long they can take? I asked her to put expedite request she said it’s hard for you to proof your hardships. I was like what.!! A person without ead for 2 years and still hard to explain hardship.! I pay rent, grocery bills and etc n i borrow money from my cousin every now n then.!  What should i do? How long they can take for my EAD .? What should i send to Prove my hardships? I have decided to it myself though 

Screw the lawyer, fill out I-765 under category code (c)(9), if you need help filling it out come and ask here, we'll be happy to help, attach a copy of I-485 receipt notice and mail it to VSC. There's no good reason for you to keep waiting forever because your lawyer is a moron.

Then once you get the receipt notice for the I-765, contact your senator or congressman and explain the situation to them, you can also contact them regarding the old C31 I-765 assuming one exists. I-765 is pretty much just a rubber stamp and in most cases while the congressman will get a "it'll be done when it's done" kind of answer, the I-765 will be approved a few days later because the case is now on someone's desk and they might as well click approve before they put it back on the pile.

Edited by Demise

Contradictions without citations only make you look dumb.

2 hours ago, Demise said:

Screw the lawyer, fill out I-765 under category code (c)(9), if you need help filling it out come and ask here, we'll be happy to help, attach a copy of I-485 receipt notice and mail it to VSC. There's no good reason for you to keep waiting forever because your lawyer is a moron.

Then once you get the receipt notice for the I-765, contact your senator or congressman and explain the situation to them, you can also contact them regarding the old C31 I-765 assuming one exists. I-765 is pretty much just a rubber stamp and in most cases while the congressman will get a "it'll be done when it's done" kind of answer, the I-765 will be approved a few days later because the case is now on someone's desk and they might as well click approve before they put it back on the pile.

Thank you so much..!! Yeah i told my lawyer that i will do it by myself. She said she didn’t like the TONE of my email.bcz i told her that bcz of you i never got my EAD neither c09 nor c31 now. She didn’t like what i said

Hello guys, 

So since I submitted my vawa petition back in Aug 2018, I didn't receive anything,  no prima facie , no rfe , nothing! 

Until today I woke up to an update saying that a RFE was sent ? 

Any idea what the rfe is about ? 

And how long after they receive the response,  they make a decision? 

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Touna said:

Hello guys, 

So since I submitted my vawa petition back in Aug 2018, I didn't receive anything,  no prima facie , no rfe , nothing! 

Until today I woke up to an update saying that a RFE was sent ? 

Any idea what the rfe is about ? 

And how long after they receive the response,  they make a decision? 

Thanks

That’s okay, let us know what it is when you receive it! We’re here to assist. It can be anything from the list that has been mentioned here severally…nothing extraordinary! So relax. Most times after turning in your RFE response, you get approved anytime from 30-90days sometimes sooner, sometimes later!👍

Filed: Other Timeline
On 6/22/2021 at 11:25 AM, ajango said:

I just wanted to return to thank everyone on this thread for their help. No my VAWA is not approved yet but I started the process.

When i decided to leave my abusive spouse I was very anxious about loosing my work permit. I came here with so many questions and they were answered. I attended the our I-130 interview alone and did not have my VAWA receipt notice yet. I only had a proof of delivery. The IO was very stern about my wife not attending. She told me was going to deny my I -130 and may also deny my I-485 even though I had a letter telling them to hold it in abeyance. I should her the police report, restraining order, copies of therapy sessions with domestic violence solutions but she said she was not sure if she can keep my I-485 pending and would have to go back to see what the law says. I showed her pictures of I and my spouse together, the IO made comments like "you guys look so happy together, what happened", "you mean this lady hit you", "is that the only injury you sustained", "did you ever hit her back". Those comments triggered me and I did my best to stay calm and referred her to the police report.

The good news is yesterday I received my vawa receipt and today my i-485 status changed to "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction" . I am also glad she did not deny my I-485 😀

It's a good thing. 

Good luck. 

12 hours ago, Dharmaraj said:

Hi All,

I need help my friend vawa was approved last year . He went to green card interview two months ago, he interview was fine but he didn’t bring the medical exam with him so officer asked him drop the medical exam. But he haven’t received any letter from uscis to send the medical. When he asked lawyer he told him to wait until he gets rfe.

Does anybody have idea that he has to wait until get rfe or he can go uscis office and drop the medical?

He just need to do the medicals exam and drop it off like the officer said if USCIS do not let him inside the building without appoiment than he can mail to the USCIS local office with a copy of his I-485 receipt and tracking # to verify was received. I have two friends one form NYC other PA they mail their I-693 without USCIS asking, and for one green card was sent without interview no RFE and the second one it was in his file when he went to the interview. So either way USCIS will get it,. 

Edited by FeDaniela

9 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

He just need to do the medicals exam and drop it off like the officer said if USCIS do not let him inside the building without appoiment than he can mail to the USCIS local office with a copy of his I-485 receipt and tracking # to verify was received. I have two friends one form NYC other PA they mail their I-693 without USCIS asking, and for one green card was sent without interview no RFE and the second one it was in his file when he went to the interview. So either way USCIS will get it,. 

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.