2,965 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2021 at 11:03 AM, FeDaniela said:

Please tell your lawyer to be aware of any RFE for Medicals, they are sending for those late 2018 applicants and up NYC is very slow right now. All the Green card approvals I have seen are from 2017, 2018, 2019. You will be soon. Contact your congressman to inquiry but be prepared USCIS Federal Plaza local office barely responding to congress office.ย 

Yes I hope to hear a good news soon

1 hour ago, Jennifer90 said:

Hello ,

ย 

On May 28, 2021, we transferred your Form I-485 to NBC , does anyone know it will stay at NBC or when will go to next step?

ย 

Thank you!

NBC check your file to make sure all the correct documents is there if your missing anything for example birth paper they will send you an RFE for it. Once all correct documents are there they will send your file to your local office,ย  which will wait in queue for and interview or final decision. If you did not submit your medicals yet the io at the local office will send an RFE for it. The only way to know if its at your local office is through your congressman thats what I did i contacted my congressman who was able to tell me its at my local office and which office exactly.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

i haveย  a question about my friend whao has a approved vawa and had a grren card interview in august of 2019 since then there isย  no answer orย rfeย or no green card ?

what is theย  hold up ? he has a lawyer in chicago and the case was in chicago too , he wrote to theย  congressman and ombudsmen office but still no answerย 

what is wait time ?ย 

ย 

Thanks

11 hours ago, balo101 said:

If i were you i would reach out to Congress person or senator. This is indeed out of normal processing time. There are few people who filled vawa in 2019 from NYC got their interview. That's about vawa not sure about i-485. You can look at previous VAWA thread.

I did contact the congressman... no updates at all , she sent requests 4 times no answerย 

11 hours ago, Ana FL said:

Your I-485 timeline doesnโ€™t start until after vawa approval, when your case reaches the local office. When was your vawa approved?

Approval January 2020 ...and nothing after that . I dont even knowย if it's in the local office ...my attn doesn't know either.... contacted congressman-no ansnwer as well (4 attempts)ย 

9 hours ago, Optimistic1986 said:

Hi Iโ€™m from NY too, Sept 2018 filerย here. I donโ€™t know if thatโ€™s credible

The other day they were on June 2018 cases and then just skipped to September... I don'tย understand what's going on ... do you know if your case in the local office already? Did you get any letters about that ?ย 

7 hours ago, timartinezfan said:

i haveย  a question about my friend whao has a approved vawa and had a grren card interview in august of 2019 since then there isย  no answer orย rfeย or no green card ?

what is theย  hold up ? he has a lawyer in chicago and the case was in chicago too , he wrote to theย  congressman and ombudsmen office but still no answerย 

what is wait time ?ย 

ย 

Thanks

Try to do infopassย 

15 minutes ago, Evasn said:

I did contact the congressman... no updates at all , she sent requests 4 times no answerย 

NYC local office is not responding to Congress office, reason no one knows. Before my Green Card was approved my Congress office sent 3x inquiry they were never responded.ย 

7 hours ago, timartinezfan said:

what is wait time ?ย 

ย 

Thanks

Next step is to Sue USCIS, but you will need a lawyer to do that,ย  USCIS is extremely backlog specially after Covid-19.ย 

5 minutes ago, FeDaniela said:

NYC local office is not responding to Congress office, reason no one knows. Before my Green Card was approved my Congress office sent 3x inquiry they were never responded.ย 

Terrible, I'm thinking to reach out Senator already as I'm not sure where my case is ...probably still in Vermontย 

8 hours ago, Sharshar42 said:

NBC check your file to make sure all the correct documents is there if your missing anything for example birth paper they will send you an RFE for it. Once all correct documents are there they will send your file to your local office,ย  which will wait in queue for and interview or final decision. If you did not submit your medicals yet the io at the local office will send an RFE for it. The only way to know if its at your local office is through your congressman thats what I did i contacted my congressman who was able to tell me its at my local office and which office exactly.

Thank you my dear! Do you know how long will take? It is atย NBC 26 days already, ย usually will stay NBC for how long?

3 minutes ago, Jennifer90 said:

Thank you my dear! Do you know how long will take? It is atย NBC 26 days already, ย usually will stay NBC for how long?

Hey Jenny, Sharshar42 is spot on with the info! Thereโ€™s no set time for your case to stay at NBC. Itโ€™s possible itโ€™s already at the local office! One sure way to find out is through your congressperson.๐Ÿ‘

On 6/22/2021 at 9:34 PM, Stillwinning!!!๐Ÿ˜Š said:

Senator Gillibrand will definitely get back to you..She was very helpful to me so I know firsthand. Whatโ€™s your worry? Sounds like things are moving alongโ€ฆ next is the scheduled interview with notice..wait for it because itโ€™s coming!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Guys could you please give me contact info of Senator Gillibrand ,I think this is the only way to find any updates reg my i485ย 

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.