WeNandC

I-751 August Filers - Removing Conditions

514 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
4 hours ago, Joyoussinger said:

Ours was transferred, too, after filing the N-400.  Ours was transferred to NBC. The notification said it was to  speed up processing. If it does speed it up, we're grateful!

It's more so that your two applications can sit together and then move forward to your local field office since the N-400 requires an interview. NBC is like the NVC and manages everything for the field offices.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:41 AM, Joyoussinger said:

Ours was transferred, too, after filing the N-400.  Ours was transferred to NBC. The notification said it was to  speed up processing. If it does speed it up, we're grateful!

Just got my notice and same as yours, to speed up processing gone to NBC

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, WillieT1986 said:

Busy Busy Weekend! Gonna be putting together everything my wife will need and she will have both her roc and n400 interviews on Tuesday.

Good luck!

4 hours ago, WillieT1986 said:

Busy Busy Weekend! Gonna be putting together everything my wife will need and she will have both her roc and n400 interviews on Tuesday.

Good luck! How do you know she'll be having both interviews? Any letters indicating such or are you assuming they're going to do a combo?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
49 minutes ago, theblooray said:

Good luck! How do you know she'll be having both interviews? Any letters indicating such or are you assuming they're going to do a combo?

So, if you have the ROC pending and you get scheduled for the N400 they will do the ROC Interview first, then when they pass that move straight onto the N400 Interview right after. That is why when we see a lot of people file for their N400  they see that their ROC gets transferred, it is mainly for that reason. I am in LIN so I have only seen the Texas ones transferred but yeah, that is how it works. To piggyback off this, another person I know who has been like 1 month apart from my Filings just had his wifes ROC and N400 Interview and that is exactly how he described it. So yeah, both interviews same day at once. You will get the N400 interview setup and it only states the N400 info and nothing else about the ROC info so people still need to make sure they take their spouse because of the ROC Interview as well.

3 hours ago, OldUser said:

@WillieT1986 what you're describing is ideal scenario (combo). Sometimes only N-400 interview is conducted though.

Good luck and I hope it all goes smooth. Please keep us posted.

Hi all,

I had my citizenship interview November 14 in NYC and passed.The officer sad that is going to update my pending I-751 case and send me the oath appointment letter for December or early January.My husband was with me at the interview and we were asked a lot of questions for pending  I-751.

December 2 my I-751 was approved.Placed in line for the oath ceremony.

3 hours ago, WillieT1986 said:

So, if you have the ROC pending and you get scheduled for the N400 they will do the ROC Interview first, then when they pass that move straight onto the N400 Interview right after. That is why when we see a lot of people file for their N400  they see that their ROC gets transferred, it is mainly for that reason. I am in LIN so I have only seen the Texas ones transferred but yeah, that is how it works. To piggyback off this, another person I know who has been like 1 month apart from my Filings just had his wifes ROC and N400 Interview and that is exactly how he described it. So yeah, both interviews same day at once. You will get the N400 interview setup and it only states the N400 info and nothing else about the ROC info so people still need to make sure they take their spouse because of the ROC Interview as well.

Someone in Colorado is in the exact same position. Pending i751 with an N400 scheduled. They did the interview, got approved for n400, and were told to wait till their i751 is approved before proceeding any further.

Timeline

My wifes scheduled appointment is at 1230 this afternoon. Will let you all know how she does. She has all 100 hundred n400 questions memorized but super nervous to which she usually tends to forget her English so this is gonna be kind of interesting to see how she does since I won't be able to assist her with them this time around. lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
20 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

My wifes scheduled appointment is at 1230 this afternoon. Will let you all know how she does. She has all 100 hundred n400 questions memorized but super nervous to which she usually tends to forget her English so this is gonna be kind of interesting to see how she does since I won't be able to assist her with them this time around. lol

This is a big day for both of you! Best of luck!

Timeline

Okay, we just got home. Here is an update on how my wifes Interview had went. Long story short is that she passed the N400 Exam and it is currently pending approval.

I was sweating parts of it lol and I am also bad at remembering things so here is what I do remember. 

So for some reason we only did the N400 interview due to our USCIS location not receiving her ROC application. That is why she is pending because they need to approve that before they can approve her N400.

She started off reading a tablet that said something about "Which or What State has the largest population in the United States?"

Then her first attempt at writing was supposed to be like "California has the most people" but she wrote California have most people.

Then her second attempt was something about New York but she wrote it as Newsyork not realizing the s was supposed to be a space and that New York is actually two words, and she missed a word or two for the rest of that sentence.

Her last attempt though was about Washington (Later I found out she honestly thought they were talking about Washington D.C. lol) and she got this one correct. Cannot remember if it was about Washington being the father or if it was about Washington State though.

After this it was immediately into the Questions and she answered the first 6 correct. Hell, I don't even remember what they asked her and when I asked her about it, they were completely different than what I had thought they were lol. 

After the questions they jumped immediately into the N400 application to correct anything that needed correcting and then during the first like 40ish questions that needed to be basically "No" she ended up saying "Yes" to owing taxes on the Federal, State, or Local level and I was behind her shaking my head no and the Immigration officer asked her about Taxes that led her up to stating no she didn't owe any taxes and she pays her taxes in full. It also led to my wife being asked a surprise question not apart of the original 6 and she got asked out of the blue if she knew when income taxes were due. lol Luckily, the wife caught on and knew the answer.

We were then asked if we had any other papers to submit for further evidence and being the prepared type that I am... I had two books made up for this interview. 1x for the ROC with updates on everything that we did since the filing of her ROC, as well as a book for her N400 with updates notating everything we have done between the filing of her N400 and today to also include a very detailed summary on what she also or well I made her leave back to Vietnam to see her Parents for 4 weeks. (Her mom was having heart surgery so I made her return).

So, she passed her exam and was given a letter stating that she had passed and her approval was pending. If they need anything else they will send us a letter and if she is approved then they will mail her a letter stating her Oath Ceremony.

Also, to note apparently since I was not sure traveling to Puerto Rico is not considered leaving the Country just in case anyone else was interested and wondering about that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

Okay, we just got home. Here is an update on how my wifes Interview had went. Long story short is that she passed the N400 Exam and it is currently pending approval.

I was sweating parts of it lol and I am also bad at remembering things so here is what I do remember. 

So for some reason we only did the N400 interview due to our USCIS location not receiving her ROC application. That is why she is pending because they need to approve that before they can approve her N400.

She started off reading a tablet that said something about "Which or What State has the largest population in the United States?"

Then her first attempt at writing was supposed to be like "California has the most people" but she wrote California have most people.

Then her second attempt was something about New York but she wrote it as Newsyork not realizing the s was supposed to be a space and that New York is actually two words, and she missed a word or two for the rest of that sentence.

Her last attempt though was about Washington (Later I found out she honestly thought they were talking about Washington D.C. lol) and she got this one correct. Cannot remember if it was about Washington being the father or if it was about Washington State though.

After this it was immediately into the Questions and she answered the first 6 correct. Hell, I don't even remember what they asked her and when I asked her about it, they were completely different than what I had thought they were lol. 

After the questions they jumped immediately into the N400 application to correct anything that needed correcting and then during the first like 40ish questions that needed to be basically "No" she ended up saying "Yes" to owing taxes on the Federal, State, or Local level and I was behind her shaking my head no and the Immigration officer asked her about Taxes that led her up to stating no she didn't owe any taxes and she pays her taxes in full. It also led to my wife being asked a surprise question not apart of the original 6 and she got asked out of the blue if she knew when income taxes were due. lol Luckily, the wife caught on and knew the answer.

We were then asked if we had any other papers to submit for further evidence and being the prepared type that I am... I had two books made up for this interview. 1x for the ROC with updates on everything that we did since the filing of her ROC, as well as a book for her N400 with updates notating everything we have done between the filing of her N400 and today to also include a very detailed summary on what she also or well I made her leave back to Vietnam to see her Parents for 4 weeks. (Her mom was having heart surgery so I made her return).

So, she passed her exam and was given a letter stating that she had passed and her approval was pending. If they need anything else they will send us a letter and if she is approved then they will mail her a letter stating her Oath Ceremony.

Also, to note apparently since I was not sure traveling to Puerto Rico is not considered leaving the Country just in case anyone else was interested and wondering about that.

OldUser above mentioned that sadly it is not a given at all that they will conduct a combo, especially if the invitation is only for N-400. Having I-751 pending is already a sufficient reason to not approve both on the spot. Then you say they did not have your ROC folder on hands to work with it. Also the officer may not have the right Tier credentials to conduct both. 
Anyhoo CONGRATS to her for passing N-400. Just a waiting game with I-751 now. 

Edited by Elena & Craig

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Elena & Craig said:

OldUser above mentioned that sadly it is not a given at all that they will conduct a combo, especially if the invitation is only for N-400. Having I-751 pending is already a sufficient reason to not approve both on the spot. Then you say they did not have your ROC folder on hands to work with it. Also the officer may not have the right Tier credentials to conduct both. 
Anyhoo CONGRATS to her for passing N-400. Just a waiting game with I-751 now. 

Oh yeah for sure. No discrediting that other user at all. I know it happens. We know a couple of other couples that filed and had the same notifications and letters as we did (Theirs were Texas) and ours is Ohio. They did bother Interviews whereas, we did not. So, based on that I cannot completely say whether it is right or wrong just will depend on the Field Office, or the Officer it seems. I mean, we don't care as long as she passed her N400 exam haha. That was the important part. :D

Thanks for the congratulations. My wifes palms were soaked after it and now she is both relieved it is finally over but confused on the pending approval when her friends were just approved lol. (I understood why she just has a hard time understanding it lol)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, WillieT1986 said:

Oh yeah for sure. No discrediting that other user at all. I know it happens. We know a couple of other couples that filed and had the same notifications and letters as we did (Theirs were Texas) and ours is Ohio. They did bother Interviews whereas, we did not. So, based on that I cannot completely say whether it is right or wrong just will depend on the Field Office, or the Officer it seems. I mean, we don't care as long as she passed her N400 exam haha. That was the important part. :D

Thanks for the congratulations. My wifes palms were soaked after it and now she is both relieved it is finally over but confused on the pending approval when her friends were just approved lol. (I understood why she just has a hard time understanding it lol)

Time to exhale 🙌🏻 I on the other hand still have RFE to deal with. Won’t mind to have a separate N-400 interview either, even if I have to wait for a pending I-751 after that too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.