J&D1008

May 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

855 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/13/2022 at 11:01 AM, Charlotte070 said:

Exactly! I’m sure none of us would have ever chosen this option if we knew how horrible it would suddenly and unexpectedly turn. But we never could have guessed since when we applied, the estimated time was 5-8 months. I’m trying to stay positive too but it keeps breaking my heart. I’m rooting for you guys though! And I consider myself in the May group since my NOA1 was April 26

My NOA1 was also April 26, but I got it expedited and approved on April 5, still took 11 months and waiting for it to be transferred to NVC, another annoying waiting and endless waiting

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mike20090622 said:

Poland, my fiancé needs get the Schengen visa, crazy

No way, they have to get a Schengen visa just to schedule an interview?! That’s insane and so annoying. I hope you guys get approved soon. This whole process tests the limits of human patience 

4 hours ago, Etherial said:
March has 9.70% pending - 392 cases untouched
April has 70.79% pending - 2744 cases untouched
May has 90% pending - 2818 cases untouched
June has few approvals (81) 87.86% pending - 3340 cases untouched (last update of their file was in March 29th)
Good thing is that March is almost done and after a month has <500 cases left, they move to the next. This means they will fully work on April now.
Bad thing is that April has a very large number of cases, even at 70% pending the remaining cases is almost as many as May.
So, realistically, if they touch ~100 daily (which they arent doing for now) they need 27 days to finish April.
So most of us will be approved beginning - mid May or June

That's what I'm thinking also (I'm a June 2021 filer, but checking March, April and May to keep up with movements). I was assuming maybe 80 cases per day, sometimes they're around there. Some days more, some days less. Do we have any hope they might pick up the pace in the next few weeks? If they keep with the ~80 per day, it will be end of summer before June gets done. I'm a late June filer so we might not even finish until late August. I originally thought my fiance would be here by June this year 😅 It does help that May had less filers. I do hope they will pick things up if they are able to hire and train more people. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 4/8/2022 at 4:50 PM, DSBeijing said:

Sad news is that starting mid March, there is huge number of case withdrawals, in one week ok April we had over 40 withdrawals (across all ranges), so it seems that wait is taking its tool on many couples.

A free $20k+ for USCIS. I wish they’d use this money to pay some overtime on our seemingly very few adjudicators. I wonder how many withdrawals they get in a year and how much “free” extra money that adds up to for them. 

On 4/9/2022 at 6:50 AM, DSBeijing said:

Sad news is that starting mid March, there is huge number of case withdrawals, in one week ok April we had over 40 withdrawals (across all ranges), so it seems that wait is taking its tool on many couples.

I would actually see the 40 withdrawals as a positive... maybe 40 couples decided to get married and file an I-130 OR the USC decided to move to the beneficiary's country and marry as that process was easier? 

10 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

A free $20k+ for USCIS. I wish they’d use this money to pay some overtime on our seemingly very few adjudicators. I wonder how many withdrawals they get in a year and how much “free” extra money that adds up to for them. 

I guess it's a way to make free money.

Keep increasing the processing time and have people drop out.

Very unfortunate. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

🤐

1 hour ago, EdwinShinobi said:

I guess it's a way to make free money.

Keep increasing the processing time and have people drop out.

Very unfortunate. 

Hide contents
  Hide contents

🤐

Honestly, at this point, I have no idea how USCIS is such a failuer. According to them they tame 12 Minutes to adjudicate K1 case. If that is the case, were is the money going? How large is overhead that is eating up the fees?!?

35 minutes ago, DSBeijing said:

Honestly, at this point, I have no idea how USCIS is such a failuer. According to them they tame 12 Minutes to adjudicate K1 case. If that is the case, were is the money going? How large is overhead that is eating up the fees?!?

Let's do some quick Math here.

If they are doing about 100 Cases per day, and they take 12 minutes per case, then that gives us a total of ( 100*12 ) 1200 Minutes per day, which is 20 Hours of work ( 1200/60 ).

If the average worker gets about 6 hours of work done ( Not including Lunch, breaks, checking emails, etc ), that means they have around 4 Agents processing the K1 visas per day.

If they an just increase this to 8 Agents (which is not a lot to ask for ) then this backlog would stop growing and start shrinking very quickly.

I should sell my Genius Idea to USCIS 😂.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/20/2022 at 6:26 AM, ROK2USA said:

I would actually see the 40 withdrawals as a positive... maybe 40 couples decided to get married and file an I-130 OR the USC decided to move to the beneficiary's country and marry as that process was easier? 

Is it easier? Are those better options??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, S I A N said:

Is it easier? Are those better options??

If your embassy takes +12 months to get an appointment; it might be a better option(spousal visa)

The wait on this is ridiculous. There are many that have decided to come via student visas (F1), I personally know several. They come and decide not to go to the school they enrolled in and then legally get married to their fiancé and file an "adjustment of status". MANY are doing this where I am, because it only costs a few thousand dollars (for the university expense) and it is time sensitive as the visa can be issued 120 days in advance. Obviously the USCIS believes something such as our K1 is not time sensitive and the USCIS gives less of a **** if it ends up destroying the relationships. None of us know when they'll get to our case or if our case will again be pushed back several months and the stress is really taking a toll on a lot who see that other visas are given priority. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.