J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Mbfernandes said:

What about contacting a representative/congressman? 

I don't know, keep flooding them with inquiries and emails, insist and fight. They're the worst, I'm really sorry about this. 

I did both of them and No result at all , I m very helpless , I think the only way it just wait but It affects my relationship a lot now .

54 minutes ago, S I A N said:

Why would they request for flying tickets?? Did you show pictures of proof of you and your fiancé having met in person at least two years prior to filing?

i did flying tickets are proof of your relationship too specially 2 years meeting requirement .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, centric23 said:

Guess who finally got approved!!! Thanks so much for going through this stage with me everyone. It truly does take a village to deal with USCIS. 

NOA1: April 19

NOA2: June 29

Congratulations!! I’m so happy for you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Xiaova said:

Updates for April:

69000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
71000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER, 1 Denial (0 new / 3 in progress)
71500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
72500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
73500: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (1 new / 1 in progress)
74000: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
75000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
76000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
76500: 4 Approvals, 2 RFERs, 1 Withdrawal (3 new / 4 in progress)
79000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
80500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
81500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
06/30/22: 21 Total Updates: 11 Approvals, 7 RFERs, 2 Denials, 1 Withdrawal

March(8) + April (21) + May (91) + June (3) = 123 total updates

Thanks for the update for the very few of us still waiting for our approval.

On 5/23/2022 at 4:50 PM, Nylar said:

Yep London embassy too. From my understanding of the Required Documents page, the I-134 isn't strictly required and you can use proof of liquid assets in place of it. My plan was to get a statement from my bank to show how much I have in my savings and declare to the officer I wish to self sponsor.

Just a follow up to this, I had my interview today (approved) and did exactly as I planned to. Handed the consular officer 12 months of bank statements (showing roughly £90k) and did not submit an I-134. The amount was never brought up by either officer and I wasn't asked my plans for the I-864 or if I would transfer the money over. I'll add a proper consular review when I get a chance, but it is true what they say, London is a cakewalk.

Timeline

Hi everyone, I’m from June 2021 filers. I have a question about I-134 and overall sponsorship. 

I am the US citizen and I was living abroad for my studies. I moved back in November 2020 and I was unemployed until September 2021. So my 2021 tax return isn’t very bright with Unemployment Insurance and only 4 months of salary. But until we get our interview, I think I’ll have about a year’s worth of pay stubs showing a good salary. I’m also good with my managers so I can get reinforcing documents from them. 

Would this be enough to satisfy the embassy about the sponsorship?

Just curious how I would go about finding out if NVC has received our file, or if its been processed?  NOA2 May 26, is there any way to find out somehow? As I understand it you can't phone them anymore to get your file number? 

Also... for anyone in Canada, how long is it taking roughly from NVC to interview, on average in the last few months?

Edited by SouthBound2022
Forgot to add the last question

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, SouthBound2022 said:

Just curious how I would go about finding out if NVC has received our file, or if its been processed?  NOA2 May 26, is there any way to find out somehow? As I understand it you can't phone them anymore to get your file number? 

Also... for anyone in Canada, how long is it taking roughly from NVC to interview, on average in the last few months?

You can send a public inquiry but last I heard that takes 2 months.

NVC doesn't seem to hold onto cases from Canada anymore, it'll go to nvc and likely ship the next shipping day so id assume this shipping day or the next you'd hear something. 

My timeline is

Noa1: April 5th 2021

Noa2: April 7th 2022

Arrived at NVC: May 5th

Case # recieved: May 11th

Case in transit: May 24

Case Ready: June 6th

P2: June 13th

P3: June 21 

Been still waiting for P4 which lets me book an interview. People who recieved it, were able to book for August 2, 4, and 9. Unfortunately despite being the first in my contacts to send p3, they all heard back with p4 and not me 😕 thanks Montreal. 

seems like approx 4 months from NOA2 to visa in hand in Montreal. sometimes slightly longer, sometimes slightly shorter.

On 7/3/2022 at 2:58 PM, MissLadyRea said:

You can send a public inquiry but last I heard that takes 2 months.

NVC doesn't seem to hold onto cases from Canada anymore, it'll go to nvc and likely ship the next shipping day so id assume this shipping day or the next you'd hear something. 

My timeline is

Noa1: April 5th 2021

Noa2: April 7th 2022

Arrived at NVC: May 5th

Case # recieved: May 11th

Case in transit: May 24

Case Ready: June 6th

P2: June 13th

P3: June 21 

Been still waiting for P4 which lets me book an interview. People who recieved it, were able to book for August 2, 4, and 9. Unfortunately despite being the first in my contacts to send p3, they all heard back with p4 and not me 😕 thanks Montreal. 

seems like approx 4 months from NOA2 to visa in hand in Montreal. sometimes slightly longer, sometimes slightly shorter.

I'm praying its only 4 months. Ours is 

NOA1 April 23 2021

NOA2 May 25 2022

I have yet to hear anything from NVC and its been almost a month and a half. I'm scared it'll get stuck there now. 🤷‍♀️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.