J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone! Question…for the interview it states having ORIGINAL copies of birth, marriage, divorce, etc. Is this just for the beneficiary or both of us? I have my originals, but trying to mail them to him (I’m an idiot should of brought them when I just visited) will cost crazy money through DHL and sending through USPS who know where they will end up 😆.  

Timeline
23 minutes ago, L & U said:

Hi everyone! Question…for the interview it states having ORIGINAL copies of birth, marriage, divorce, etc. Is this just for the beneficiary or both of us? I have my originals, but trying to mail them to him (I’m an idiot should of brought them when I just visited) will cost crazy money through DHL and sending through USPS who know where they will end up 😆.  

You’re not an idiot lol. The interview is for the beneficiary so it’s the beneficiary’s documents that are needed. They wouldn’t need your birth certificate because if you weren’t a US citizen, you wouldn’t be eligible for this visa type in the first place 😊. I included a link from the Lagos consulate (we have the same one). hopefully they allow the link to work. I haven’t gotten to this stage of the process, but good luck to you 😁

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/LGS_Lagos.pdf

Timeline
22 minutes ago, S I A N said:

You’re not an idiot lol. The interview is for the beneficiary so it’s the beneficiary’s documents that are needed. They wouldn’t need your birth certificate because if you weren’t a US citizen, you wouldn’t be eligible for this visa type in the first place 😊. I included a link from the Lagos consulate (we have the same one). hopefully they allow the link to work. I haven’t gotten to this stage of the process, but good luck to you 😁

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/LGS_Lagos.pdf

Thank you so much 😊 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
58 minutes ago, JankoB said:

What's the conclusion for today, Uscis working or not? I don't see anything on their media... 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/06/17/nearly-half-of-states-now-recognize-juneteenth-as-an-official-holiday/

Does it mean California Service Center has a normal Monday??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Ako & Rich said:

Uscis is a federal agency so Cali not recognizing a holiday probably doesn't mean much. But still, not a single line about being closed or not.

4 minutes ago, JankoB said:

Uscis is a federal agency so Cali not recognizing a holiday probably doesn't mean much. But still, not a single line about being closed or not.

That's correct. it's a federal holiday, weather cali recognize or not..  all federal employees has the day off.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, JankoB said:

What's the conclusion for today, Uscis working or not? I don't see anything on their media... 

They were closed last year for Juneteenth. Shouldn't be any different today. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

1 hour ago, CJPinEcuador said:

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 06/20: 

Approval changes last week: +138

RFE changes last week: -3 (Negative numbers mean RFE totals going down AKA more worked on than issued during the week)

TOTAL NEW CHANGES (approval or RFE) : 135 (please note an RFE to approved or denied is not a "new" change since the case was already "touched")

380+ Untouched aka "no movement" 

2800+ Who have heard back (either approval or RFE)

Inquiry date is currently March 29th, 2021, so unless they push us back again (historically likely) April cases who have been painfully "left behind" (myself included 😭) can start inquiring again in a few days. 

Note: 603 RFEs sent, 210 RFEs turned in and waiting, 381 untouched, so still over 1000 of us "in process"

April Chart link, updated nightly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit?usp=sharing

Jan to May 2021 chart:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HmAtNTsLfUE8BgkZ7KJ9Rojtmy6cYsYdY9lWiC8xMa8/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for the update! I can’t believe there are still 1000+ April cases still in process 😔 I hope you and all the rest will hear soon! I’m hoping for 200 cases touched tomorrow after a long weekend! 

I’m a June filer and it’s been painful to watch the misery of March-May filers while we wait for our turn. Hopefully they won’t push the timeline this time and you all can inquiry! 

late mid of day updates:

70000: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
70500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
71000: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
71500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
72000: 3 Approvals (0 new / 3 in progress)
73000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
73500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
74500: 3 Approvals (0 new / 3 in progress)
75000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
78000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
78500: 1 Approval, 1 RFES (2 new / 0 in progress)
79000: 3 Approvals, 3 RFESs (6 new / 0 in progress)
79500: 3 Approvals, 2 RFESs (3 new / 2 in progress)
80000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
81500: 3 Approvals (3 new / 0 in progress)
06/21/22: 33 Total Updates: 26 Approvals, 6 RFESs, 1 Denial

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'm happy for May that they have a lot of movements going today, but I'm pissed of USCIS of doing so, because they have now slowly moved on from April.  And I just don't quite understand why they do that.  I'm one of the unlucky 200+ untouched cases.  I feel like I want to turn to voodoo or something just so they will just do their d@mn job.  

I'm disgusted with USCIS.  There, I said it.

7 minutes ago, MeG@Am said:

I'm happy for May that they have a lot of movements going today, but I'm pissed of USCIS of doing so, because they have now slowly moved on from April.  And I just don't quite understand why they do that.  I'm one of the unlucky 200+ untouched cases.  I feel like I want to turn to voodoo or something just so they will just do their d@mn job.  

I'm disgusted with USCIS.  There, I said it.

Honestly, best thing you can do (even after approval) is to write to your congressmen or senator, and simply say that this is not the way to, in one hand treat migrants and in the other American citizens/residents. It is insane that wait for 129F is 13+ months. There is simply no excuse. Entire legal immigration process is broken. I am slowly starting to think, that it might have been better to fly to Mexico, cross border illegally get married and that it would have been finished faster than doing stuff legal and correct way 

Edited by DSBeijing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.