390 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, GilRivera said:

I been living in Orlando since before we applied for my residency which it was on 2015

I have never quit or leave my job to leave the US.

I have ties to my country including my flight outside of the US; my Dad and my fiancé. 

Timeline:

Submitted Documents by mail: June 1st

Received by USCIS:  June 18th 

Biometrics reuse notice: June 26th

USCIS is actively reviewing you case: Since June 26th. 

I don't think you have ANYTHING to worry about, then. It's easy to get inside your own head and worry. Just relax. Your time will come soon. 🙂

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

41 minutes ago, bsd058 said:

I don't think you have ANYTHING to worry about, then. It's easy to get inside your own head and worry. Just relax. Your time will come soon. 🙂

Thank you! 

How about your timeline? 

Did you submitted Online or by mail?

Timeline
8 hours ago, GilRivera said:

Thank you! 

How about your timeline? 

Did you submitted Online or by mail?

I submitted my application online. My timeline on VisaJourney is updated and public. See image below to find it. Click "Timeline."

Capture.PNG

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

On 10/21/2021 at 10:12 AM, jvtol said:

Hello everyone,

Journey over! I am now a proud citizen of the USA!

short version:

filed June 1 under 3 year rule;

Interview September 8 (notice came in late July) at Cleveland field office.

As with my i-485 the interview was held on time and professionally. Very straightforward, started with the civics test followed by reading/writing, then we went over my application, made a small change to my employment and got recommended for approval. Approval came by the time I got downstairs. All in all it took about 45min including wait.

Oath got canceled the next day (I believe because the oath in my city would be too short notice for the mail to arrive, but that's just a guess) and eventually scheduled the 29th for October 19.

I am grateful my journey is over, I personally cannot complain about timelines but I know I am very lucky in that regard.

Good luck to everyone; the destination really is worth the journey in this case.

(for anyone wondering, any time I checked online my estimated timeline was about 11-13months)

Congratulations 🎉 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Leenak said:

Hello everyone.i heard lots of things about our estimate time goes down every month.but when applied in june it's showing 6 month...now in October going down to 4 month.so it's not sure this is automated.its there anyone's else in same timeline.

The point is the time frame means nothing. It's just an automated system that changes the time frame whenever the time frames are updated by USCIS. Mine started out at 15 months, then went to 11 months, and counted down each month until it hit 9 months, and then shot back up to 13 months after I had my biometrics appointment. It's just a guess based on a faulty algorithm. So many receive approval/denial long before their time frame is up.

Edited by bsd058

On 10/21/2021 at 1:12 PM, jvtol said:

Hello everyone,

Journey over! I am now a proud citizen of the USA!

short version:

filed June 1 under 3 year rule;

Interview September 8 (notice came in late July) at Cleveland field office.

As with my i-485 the interview was held on time and professionally. Very straightforward, started with the civics test followed by reading/writing, then we went over my application, made a small change to my employment and got recommended for approval. Approval came by the time I got downstairs. All in all it took about 45min including wait.

Oath got canceled the next day (I believe because the oath in my city would be too short notice for the mail to arrive, but that's just a guess) and eventually scheduled the 29th for October 19.

I am grateful my journey is over, I personally cannot complain about timelines but I know I am very lucky in that regard.

Good luck to everyone; the destination really is worth the journey in this case.

(for anyone wondering, any time I checked online my estimated timeline was about 11-13months)

Congratulations!! Very happy you’re done. Hopefully the rest of us will get there soon…

Once I get my interview (Hopefully soon) 

Should I let the IO know about my upcoming wedding with my fiancé who lives in a foreign country (El Salvador)?

What should I said if he also asks me about my 105 days outside of the US. 

Plenty of them were actually because of a service I was making thru Catholic Church also in my country and 7 days in Panama. 

I haven’t get any appointment date yet but I really hope and pray that it’s coming soon. 

We are not getting married to gain an immigration status btw. We are really in love and we have know each other for about 10 years. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hi Visa Journey Folks.I have a question to ask and this is urgent. I have my upcoming interview with USCIS on November 12th. I am planning a move across the street on 5th. This is same state, just 2 units away. I tried changing the address online and it gives me an error saying "I can't change my address at this part of the adjudication process". I called USCIS and the representative suggest to move but not to update the address online. In the interview just confirm the new address with the officer as if I try to change the address , they might cancel my interview. What you guys suggest? anybody in the similar situation? I am super stressed.Please suggest/advise. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Ajt3

16 minutes ago, Ajt3 said:

Hi Visa Journey Folks.I have a question to ask and this is urgent. I have my upcoming interview with USCIS on November 12th. I am planning a move across the street on 5th. This is same state, just 2 units away. I tried changing the address online and it gives me an error saying "I can't change my address at this part of the adjudication process". I called USCIS and the representative suggest to move but not to update the address online. In the interview just confirm the new address with the officer as if I try to change the address , they might cancel my interview. What you guys suggest? anybody in the similar situation? I am super stressed.Please suggest/advise. Thanks in advance.

agree with the representative, USCIS doesn't handle change address well. You only need to change address within 10 days and you'll still be within that timeframe. people change address during interview all the time. as long as you're within the district that the office is handling, you should be fine.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, thewaitingame said:

agree with the representative, USCIS doesn't handle change address well. You only need to change address within 10 days and you'll still be within that timeframe. people change address during interview all the time. as long as you're within the district that the office is handling, you should be fine.

Yes.I was so worried.The lady was a bit rude on the call.She didn't answer well.But Thank you so much.I will move on 5th across the parking lot and on 12th update the address with the Immigration officer

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning everyone. 

I just checked my USCIS account and it previously said 6 months on case decision; now it says 9 months :(.

Timeline

Passed my Citizenship test today.It took 15min altogether.The interviewer asked me 6 questions and I answered correctly for all of those.She asked me to read a sentence and write down a sentence which was the similar to the question she asked me to read 😂 Then she updated my personal info specially as I had the change of address.I was expecting a same day oath ceremony.Unfortunately the state of Massachusetts stopped doing the same day oath ceremony.I have to wait til next month to complete the oath ceremony and Get my certificate.That was the only depressing part.

At the end I am happy to know that I almost a step or half a step away to the final Goal.It has been a Long journey Best of luck to everyone and Thank you visa journey for being the ultimate guide in the whole process.🇺🇲

On 11/11/2021 at 10:51 AM, GilRivera said:

Good morning everyone. 

I just checked my USCIS account and it previously said 6 months on case decision; now it says 9 months :(.

Mine did the same last week - 3 months bumped up to 9 months. I contacted the online chat team, and they said that they had no explanation for it, and because I was still in normal processing time there was nothing else they could do. My local office is Charlotte NC - hoping it gets done by the original processing time, plenty have reported that the estimate in the online account is pretty screwy at best. Fingers crossed!

Congrats @Ajt3 on passing your interview!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.