390 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, iceman81 said:

Hi there,

I did this steps but today i received a message from the officer to change my address online which i already did. I dont know what else to do. My address on my online account is still my old address. I filed AR11 online on Sept 17. May I ask how you exactly request to change your address through inbox? 

Thank you

Did you check if your new address was updated under "N-400 Contact Information"? (My Account > Profile) 

Your address should be there if not then use below message to request them to update it.

*In addition to below message I would suggest to add info that you still see your old address under "N-400 Contact Information" (if you do). 

1) Under Subject select "A case already filed online"

2) Under Case receipt number select your N400 case

3) In the message box you can use below sample that I wrote to them.

***********************************************************************************************************************

To USCIS Immigration Officer.

My spouse and I recently moved to a new address on MM-DD-YYYY. I have uploaded supporting documents to provide proof of address update such as (list all supporting documents here that you upload online that has your new address.)

Tips - document such as but not limited to….closed escrow document/deed/new signed lease/auto insurance/home or renters insurance/bank statement that shows both of your names

I have also submitted AR-11 online, details as below.

AR-11: XXXXXXX

Service Request:XXXXXXX

Updated Address To:

XXXXXX

XXXXX

XXXX

I request you to please update my new address on my N400 application. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to support my case.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

John Smith

Email: john.smith@abc.com

Phone: +1 (123) 456-7890

***********************************************************************************************************************

14 hours ago, See7 said:

Did you check if your new address was updated under "N-400 Contact Information"? (My Account > Profile) 

Your address should be there if not then use below message to request them to update it.

*In addition to below message I would suggest to add info that you still see your old address under "N-400 Contact Information" (if you do). 

1) Under Subject select "A case already filed online"

2) Under Case receipt number select your N400 case

3) In the message box you can use below sample that I wrote to them.

To USCIS Immigration Officer.

My spouse and I recently moved to a new address on MM-DD-YYYY. I have uploaded supporting documents to provide proof of address update such as (list all supporting documents here that you upload online that has your new address.)

Tips - document such as but not limited to….closed escrow document/deed/new signed lease/auto insurance/home or renters insurance/bank statement that shows both of your names

I have also submitted AR-11 online, details as below.

AR-11: XXXXXXX

Service Request:XXXXXXX

Updated Address To:

XXXXXX

XXXXX

XXXX

I request you to please update my new address on my N400 application. Please let me know if there is anything else I can provide to support my case.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

John Smith

Email: john.smith@abc.com

Phone: +1 (123) 456-7890

Yes, my address under n400 contact information is still my old address. I also gave the AR11 confirmation details on my first message. Thank you. I will do it again.

BTW, Did you get a receipt already after filing ar11?

Edited by iceman81

3 hours ago, iceman81 said:

Yes, my address under n400 contact information is still my old address. I also gave the AR11 confirmation details on my first message. Thank you. I will do it again.

BTW, Did you get a receipt already after filing ar11?

After filing AR11 I just the confirmation email that my address change was requested through AR11. Once I contacted USCIS through 'inbox' new address was updated for my N400 application and same was updated under 'N400 contact information'.

Recently I got a message in my 'inbox' that my case was added to the local field office (SF) system to schedule for an interview 😱 depending on how fast slot becomes available my interview will be scheduled 🙏

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, See7 said:

After filing AR11 I just the confirmation email that my address change was requested through AR11. Once I contacted USCIS through 'inbox' new address was updated for my N400 application and same was updated under 'N400 contact information'.

Recently I got a message in my 'inbox' that my case was added to the local field office (SF) system to schedule for an interview 😱 depending on how fast slot becomes available my interview will be scheduled 🙏

That's awesome! Hope it's soon. Seems like a lot of people are pleasantly surprised at the processing times. Very few seem to actually end up waiting longer than normal.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

19 hours ago, See7 said:

I will send a message through inbox today and i will also upload some documents.

Thats great to hear! Hope you get scheduled soon. I am from Chicago, i am expecting a long wait. :( 

Timeline

Just had my biometrics. In and out in about 15-30 mins. No issues. Everyone seems extremely polite and pleasant...unless you forget to turn your phone off. One guy got a tongue lashing when his phone rung. lol.

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

Timeline

Like the above post indicated, already, I had my biometrics just yesterday. This morning I received a text and so logged into my USCIS account. This is currently displayed. Now the waiting game, again. :) Here's to hoping for an interview date, one day, soon.

image.png.b1c77751fcdcb113b2f6f95bc6851b8d.png

On 10/16/2021 at 6:04 AM, bsd058 said:

Like the above post indicated, already, I had my biometrics just yesterday. This morning I received a text and so logged into my USCIS account. This is currently displayed. Now the waiting game, again. :) Here's to hoping for an interview date, one day, soon.

image.png.b1c77751fcdcb113b2f6f95bc6851b8d.png

Don't worry about the estimated timeline that they show online as it is based off at least 5 year rule unless you fall under that category. Some cases might move fast based on their eligibility.

Timeline
10 hours ago, See7 said:

Don't worry about the estimated timeline that they show online as it is based off at least 5 year rule unless you fall under that category. Some cases might move fast based on their eligibility.

I fall under that category. But I still don't worry about the timeline.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Journey over! I am now a proud citizen of the USA!

short version:

filed June 1 under 3 year rule;

Interview September 8 (notice came in late July) at Cleveland field office.

As with my i-485 the interview was held on time and professionally. Very straightforward, started with the civics test followed by reading/writing, then we went over my application, made a small change to my employment and got recommended for approval. Approval came by the time I got downstairs. All in all it took about 45min including wait.

Oath got canceled the next day (I believe because the oath in my city would be too short notice for the mail to arrive, but that's just a guess) and eventually scheduled the 29th for October 19.

I am grateful my journey is over, I personally cannot complain about timelines but I know I am very lucky in that regard.

Good luck to everyone; the destination really is worth the journey in this case.

(for anyone wondering, any time I checked online my estimated timeline was about 11-13months)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, jvtol said:

Hello everyone,

Journey over! I am now a proud citizen of the USA!

short version:

filed June 1 under 3 year rule;

Interview September 8 (notice came in late July) at Cleveland field office.

As with my i-485 the interview was held on time and professionally. Very straightforward, started with the civics test followed by reading/writing, then we went over my application, made a small change to my employment and got recommended for approval. Approval came by the time I got downstairs. All in all it took about 45min including wait.

Oath got canceled the next day (I believe because the oath in my city would be too short notice for the mail to arrive, but that's just a guess) and eventually scheduled the 29th for October 19.

I am grateful my journey is over, I personally cannot complain about timelines but I know I am very lucky in that regard.

Good luck to everyone; the destination really is worth the journey in this case.

(for anyone wondering, any time I checked online my estimated timeline was about 11-13months)

Congrats!!! :)

Hello, I submitted my application on June and it was received on June 18th 2021.

June 23rd I got the letter for reuse of biometrics.

That same day the status change to “Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. 
I submitted under 5 year rule.

My little brother (19 yrs) submitted on August 2021 and he’s interview got scheduled for this coming Saturday October 30th.

I been outside of the US for 105 days. He’s been outside for not even 45 days.

Should I be worried for something?? 🥺🥺😔😔

thank you!

I filed my N400 06/01/2021 with a pending

I - 175 which I filed since January 2020 but was ready to be scheduled for interview. I was expecting a combo interview since my N400 is at "We are actively reviewing your case". But fortunately my I-175 updated from "A new card is being produced" on 10/22/21 to "Case is Approved" on 10/25/21 without any interview. Right now I'm waiting for the card in my mail. Hopefully my N400 interview be scheduled ASAP.... ✌️✌️✌️

Edited by Limba

Timeline
22 hours ago, GilRivera said:

Hello, I submitted my application on June and it was received on June 18th 2021.

June 23rd I got the letter for reuse of biometrics.

That same day the status change to “Case is being actively reviewed by USCIS. 
I submitted under 5 year rule.

My little brother (19 yrs) submitted on August 2021 and he’s interview got scheduled for this coming Saturday October 30th.

I been outside of the US for 105 days. He’s been outside for not even 45 days.

Should I be worried for something?? 🥺🥺😔😔

thank you!

Have you resided in Florida (Orlando district) for more than 3 months IMMEDIATELY prior to filing the N-400? If so, then you should be fine. You just need to make sure that you can show that you've resided in the Orlando jurisdiction for at least 3 months prior to filing the N-400. 100 days outside of the country shouldn't be an issue as long as you did not give up your residency (no lease, no house, no job, etc). If you have no ties, then they might think you gave up residency, but usually not until after 180 days of being outside of the country. I'm not an attorney but you can view the rules for yourself below:

Jurisdiction, Place of Residence, and Early Filing: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-6
Continuous Residency Requirement: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-3

PS - You and I have the same field office. You should create a timeline so I can follow it.

Edited by bsd058

16 minutes ago, bsd058 said:

Have you resided in Florida (Orlando district) for more than 3 months IMMEDIATELY prior to filing the N-400? If so, then you should be fine. You just need to make sure that you can show that you've resided in the Orlando jurisdiction for at least 3 months prior to filing the N-400. 100 days outside of the country shouldn't be an issue as long as you did not give up your residency (no lease, no house, no job, etc). If you have no ties, then they might think you gave up residency, but usually not until after 180 days of being outside of the country. I'm not an attorney but you can view the rules for yourself below:

Jurisdiction, Place of Residence, and Early Filing: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-6
Continuous Residency Requirement: https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-3

PS - You and I have the same field office. You should create a timeline so I can follow it.

I been living in Orlando since before we applied for my residency which it was on 2015

I have never quit or leave my job to leave the US.

I have ties to my country including my flight outside of the US; my Dad and my fiancé. 

Timeline:

Submitted Documents by mail: June 1st

Received by USCIS:  June 18th 

Biometrics reuse notice: June 26th

USCIS is actively reviewing you case: Since June 26th. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.