390 posts in this topic

On 8/18/2021 at 7:25 AM, Savva said:

August 17, 2021

Oh God! What a beautiful day! I even don't know where do I start lol

I was scheduled for my interview at 830, so came in at 815, at 825 was called by the officer, the officer was extremely nice, asked me 6 questions, then asked me to read "where is the white house" and to write the white house is in Washington DC. Then went over my n400, at 835 he told me congratulations, please wait in the waiting room, at 9 exactly my name was called by another officer who was holding my naturalization certificate in his hand, so he took me into a room and read the oath, I repeated after him the full oath, then he gave me my certificate, said congratulations and took me outside, I left the building at 9 10, then I ran to DMV and upgraded my real ID driver's license to enhanced driver's license for US citizens only (I maid an appointment for it online a week ago) then I ran to the passport agency and apply for a first time passport, it will be ready in 15 minutes, (made an appointment by phone by waiting over 3 hours on the line 2 weeks ago)

So this is pretty much it

Guys! I truly hope from the bottom of my heart that all of you will get your certificates soon! I wish luck to each of you! Please text me or call me at any time if you have any questions, I'm always here to help as much as I can!!! 

Savva

IMG_20210817_151807__01.thumb.jpg.7f27f090bd8d43f84f592cf944a11848.jpg

@Savva could you add a bit more details to below:

• "asked me 6 questions"? were these the citizenship questions, like the 100 or so questions you need to prepare?
  • "went over my N400"? what does this mean? did the officer go over all N400 sections or what exactly? 

Congrats again!

On 9/18/2021 at 7:12 PM, JimmyJane said:

Citizenship granted!

Had my citizenship interview this morning at 7.30am at the Denver field office with a lovely lady who made it a very easy experience. I was asked six “history” questions and got them right so that ended there, read and wrote a sentence in English, then verified my application details on address, marriage date, phone number etc and answered all the standard questions on whether I’d been convicted of crimes, belonged to communist party etc.

She did the oath “ceremony” right there in her office and had the certificate printed- DONE!! It is such a relief to be finished with paperwork!! Best of luck to everyone on their way!

*off to update my timeline for the last time, hooray!*

Congrats @JimmyJane. 

How long the interview took? Also regarding the N400 questions? did you go through all the questions or the big ones? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
6 hours ago, n400applicant2021 said:

@Savva could you add a bit more details to below:

• "asked me 6 questions"? were these the citizenship questions, like the 100 or so questions you need to prepare?
  • "went over my N400"? what does this mean? did the officer go over all N400 sections or what exactly? 

Congrats again!

There are 100 questions that you must learn before you interview, the officer asks you 10 questions and if you get 6 right the officer stops then with the questions, then the officer goes over the application, a lot of people say that the officers go over a part of the application, in my case the officer was super nice and respectful, but he went over all application including all yes and no questions, if you are looking for these questions then here they are 

https://youtu.be/bIFTE9cIS3c

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Has anyone moved during the N400 wait? We will be moving (same city) in October and I am worried about missing mail from USCIS even after we update our address with USCIS. This will be our first time moving during the immigration process.

We filed the N400 online. Will we get a scan uploaded online if any notices they send through the post office? Any tips to help make sure we don't miss any notices after we move?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Zowky said:

Hello everyone!

Has anyone moved during the N400 wait? We will be moving (same city) in October and I am worried about missing mail from USCIS even after we update our address with USCIS. This will be our first time moving during the immigration process.

We filed the N400 online. Will we get a scan uploaded online if any notices they send through the post office? Any tips to help make sure we don't miss any notices after we move?

If you have an account online, you can view ALL correspondence. No need to worry about missing anything. Just be sure to submit your change of address as soon as you move. Also, you can change your address with the post office. Just go to the post office and let them know you wish to forward all mail to your new address and they can forward it for up to a year, I believe.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

On 10/4/2021 at 11:02 AM, Zowky said:

Hello everyone!

Hi there. We moved within the same city last month. Don't forget to submit Form I-865 for your US citizen spouse. I changed my address online. However, my address on my online account is still my old address, with my spouse's change of address - we got a response already.

On 10/4/2021 at 9:02 AM, Zowky said:

Hello everyone!

Hi @Zowky I have gone through same situation. A month after filing N-400 application we (my spouse and I) moved within the same city but different zip code. Following are the actions I took.

1. File Change Of Address (COA) at https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

2. Next step, login to USCIS online account and request change of address on your N-400 file through 'inbox messages'. It takes about 2-3 weeks to hear from them with address update confirmation. I got confirmation after 7 days from USCIS officer that the new address is updated to my case.

3. Meanwhile update address with USPS.

4. Add updated address documents online through USCIS account if you filed N-400 online. (I added our house deed and home insurance)

Let me know if you need further help!

Edited by See7

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 8/18/2021 at 10:25 AM, Savva said:

August 17, 2021

Oh God! What a beautiful day! I even don't know where do I start lol

I was scheduled for my interview at 830, so came in at 815, at 825 was called by the officer, the officer was extremely nice, asked me 6 questions, then asked me to read "where is the white house" and to write the white house is in Washington DC. Then went over my n400, at 835 he told me congratulations, please wait in the waiting room, at 9 exactly my name was called by another officer who was holding my naturalization certificate in his hand, so he took me into a room and read the oath, I repeated after him the full oath, then he gave me my certificate, said congratulations and took me outside, I left the building at 9 10, then I ran to DMV and upgraded my real ID driver's license to enhanced driver's license for US citizens only (I maid an appointment for it online a week ago) then I ran to the passport agency and apply for a first time passport, it will be ready in 15 minutes, (made an appointment by phone by waiting over 3 hours on the line 2 weeks ago)

So this is pretty much it

Guys! I truly hope from the bottom of my heart that all of you will get your certificates soon! I wish luck to each of you! Please text me or call me at any time if you have any questions, I'm always here to help as much as I can!!! 

Savva

IMG_20210817_151807__01.thumb.jpg.7f27f090bd8d43f84f592cf944a11848.jpg

Hi Savva,

Congratulations on the end of this journey! 

Just curious, you said that it took 15 min to get your passport: what kind of expedite service is that? Is that in the event you have travel plans within 3 business days? if so, how much extra did you pay for this service and what kind of proof did you provide?-Thanks!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Mariia said:

Hi Savva,

Congratulations on the end of this journey! 

Just curious, you said that it took 15 min to get your passport: what kind of expedite service is that? Is that in the event you have travel plans within 3 business days? if so, how much extra did you pay for this service and what kind of proof did you provide?-Thanks!

Lol, it was not 15 minutes, it was about 3 hours, I just wrote my post live lol, and yeah, I just told the officer that I drive to Canada, (and I did) and got my passport in about 3 hours after applied

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Savva said:

Lol, it was not 15 minutes, it was about 3 hours, I just wrote my post live lol, and yeah, I just told the officer that I drive to Canada, (and I did) and got my passport in about 3 hours after applied

Got it! Did you have to show proof of travel arrangement like hotel reservations etc? What was the extra charge for that expedite service? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mariia said:

Got it! Did you have to show proof of travel arrangement like hotel reservations etc? What was the extra charge for that expedite service? 

I didn't, but I live in buffalo NY and they know that people in here go to Canada more often than doing food shopping, so he didn't ask for anything, it was $60 more 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Savva said:

I didn't, but I live in buffalo NY and they know that people in here go to Canada more often than doing food shopping, so he didn't ask for anything, it was $60 more 

Good to know. Thanks for your help! 

A late update...Our interview was held last week and the case was approved. Oath was held the same day. There was a long line extending out to the street so it took an hour and half (1 hr past the scheduled interview time) just to get to the waiting room. 

Interview experience: Interview was way more detailed (wrong kind of details) than it needed to be for a citizenship interview. The interviewer seemed like he was taking a green card interview instead of a citizenship interview. He asked question like how did your spouse entered the US, where does he work, what company does he work for and so on. Questions he should have been asking like why do want to become a US citizen were not asked. At the end of it, he told me to go and wait outside for "scheduling" an oath date and place...When I got outside, they said to wait and the oath ceremony would be held at 2 PM same place...so i guess he did not know what the updated process was after the interview... I dont know if he was not used to taking citizenship interviews or what but the whole interview seemed like i was taking an green card interview all over again.

Anyway, the journey has ended. Good luck to everyone!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

N-400 Filed Electronically                        : 06/16/2021

Application Received online notice        : 06/16/2021

Biometrics Reuse online notice              : 06/16/2021

Interview Scheduled Notice(online)       : 08/20/2021

Interview Date                                            : 10/05/2021

Waiting....🙄

I-751 ROC Case Sent to TEXAS               :  06/24/2020

Package Delivered                                      :  06/25/2020       (+    1 Days, Total 1 Days)

Service Center Assigned, MSC                 :  07/03/2020       (+    8 Days, Total 9 Days)

Checks Cashed                                            :  07/03/2020       (+    8 Days, Total 9 Days)

NOA Arrived (Dated:  7/7)                          :  07/13/2020       (+  10 Days, Total 19 Days)

Biometric ASC Appt letter                          :  11/20/2020       (+130 Days, Total 149 Days)

(Note: No change to online status when Biometric ASC Appt letter arrived,  still says case received)

Biometrics Completed                                : 12/08/2020        (+018 Days, Total 167 Days)

Online Status, Biometric Applied               : 12/08/2020        (+000 Days, Total 167 Days)

Case ready for interview email                  :  04/21/2021       (+135 Days, Total 302 Days)

Interview Scheduled email                         :  04/26/2021       (+     5 Days, Total 307 Days)

Interview scheduled letter arrived             :  05/01/2021       (+     5 Days, Total 311 Days)

Interview scheduled for June 8th

Interview (Case Approved)                         :  06/08/2021       (+   39 Days. Total 350 Days)   

Case Approved Email                                  :  06/08/2021       (+   00 Days. Total 350 Days)

Card+Letter Arrived                                     :  06/14/2021      (+    07 Days, Total 357 Days)           

On 10/6/2021 at 11:52 AM, See7 said:

Hi @Zowky I have gone through same situation. A month after filing N-400 application we (my spouse and I) moved within the same city but different zip code. Following are the actions I took.

1. File Change Of Address (COA) at https://egov.uscis.gov/coa/displayCOAForm.do

2. Next step, login to USCIS online account and request change of address on your N-400 file through 'inbox messages'. It takes about 2-3 weeks to hear from them with address update confirmation. I got confirmation after 7 days from USCIS officer that the new address is updated to my case.

3. Meanwhile update address with USPS.

4. Add updated address documents online through USCIS account if you filed N-400 online. (I added our house deed and home insurance)

Let me know if you need further help!

Hi there,

I did this steps but today i received a message from the officer to change my address online which i already did. I dont know what else to do. My address on my online account is still my old address. I filed AR11 online on Sept 17. May I ask how you exactly request to change your address through inbox? 

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.