JojoandTomas

MARCH 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

139 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Daymellow said:

How can we check if our case is received by NVC?

Call NVC and ask them. They will ask for your receipt number (WAC number) and they will let you know if they received it yet

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Daymellow said:

How can we check if our case is received by NVC?

Call them at this number: (603) 334-0888. When the automated message starts playing just push 1 then you’ll wait for someone to answer. Tell them you’d like to get your case number and they’ll ask for your USCIS receipt number. They’ll be able to tell you if your file has arrived at NVC even if there’s no case number assigned yet. To show you a recent timeframe, they received my file March 22 and the case number was created April 2.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
15 hours ago, Kel_H said:

Call them at this number: (603) 334-0888. When the automated message starts playing just push 1 then you’ll wait for someone to answer. Tell them you’d like to get your case number and they’ll ask for your USCIS receipt number. They’ll be able to tell you if your file has arrived at NVC even if there’s no case number assigned yet. To show you a recent timeframe, they received my file March 22 and the case number was created April 2.

Congrats ! Mine’s really similar to your timeline. The nvc received my case on March 23, and we are planning to call nvc for the case number tomorrow, hopefully they’ve created already! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

I tried to call NVC today morning, hold on for about 40min and get through. they didn't received my case yet. Who else is here NOA2 was 18th march or near that and got case number

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
1 hour ago, Daymellow said:

Ok, So once the case number is received then what? Because the NOA2 it says wait for the notification and further instructions.

I was also wondering has anyone starting looking into the Affidavit of support?! 

Yes, its right NOA2 letter says it but normaly they wait 2-4 weeks for transit, if the embassy is open for k1 visas.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bukazyasin said:

Same boat NOA2 was March 18th. Did you get nvc case number

As of today nothing. Have you? Will you keep me posted on when you get yours ? I will do the same 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 3/30/2021 at 7:04 PM, JojoandTomas said:

My case was received at NVC Mar 26th

NOA 2 Mar 3rd

I think we're in the same boat. I just got my fiance to call today and he said they're processing cases received on 23rd March so maybe call back in a week or so. 

Does anyone know if it's the NVC or embassy that reviews all our paperwork and documents? Like how long should we expect to be at this stage?

On 3/30/2021 at 10:06 PM, RPhPinay said:

Good day! How’s everybody doing on this grp? Has anybody received their NOA 1 around Sep 8, 2020 and received their NOA 2 this month? My fiance and I are still waiting for NOA 2 thru uscis case status, but still no updates 😔. Just starting to get worried and wondering if anybody has the same situation as we are. Thank you and looking for replies from you guys! Thank you in advance♥️

You're very fortunate to be in this group. My NOA1 was late July. Don't stress out too much. Also, you will get a better idea once you fill out your timeline. 😊  Things are moving but not much point if embassies aren't doing interviews to be honest. 

After a month you should contact them and they should have your case number.

I called today, this morning and got through after 5 minutes, received my case number but they told me that it was being sent to the wrong embassy. 😪 I made a public inquiry to change that. 

On 3/28/2021 at 7:46 PM, Bukazyasin said:

Anyone here who is planning to transfer case to another embassy, where do we start from that process and  how long does it took?

They made a mistake to send my case to the country I am residing in and not my home country which is South Africa.

You have to make a public inquiry on the NVC website and just state that you would like the embassy to be changed. The change should be immediate. Do it as soon as possible before they start processing your case at the NVC. Not exactly sure how long it will take. 

Hope this helps

6 hours ago, kc&steph said:

I think we're in the same boat. I just got my fiance to call today and he said they're processing cases received on 23rd March so maybe call back in a week or so. 

You're very fortunate to be in this group. My NOA1 was late July. 

Yeah def very lucky. My NOA 1 is beginning of July . 

i called yesterday and they told me the same thing. I’m going to try calling again on Friday. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We got NOA2 on March 9th. NVC received our case March 23rd, and we received our case number April 5! Our embassy (Mumbai) is processing K1s currently, so we are hoping to see our case turn to In Transit on April 14th when the NVC is scheduled to send cases, and then ready a few days after that. Fingers crossed!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Our NOA1 was September 4th 2020 and NOA2 March 31st 2021. So hello everyone 😊 We're hoping that the rest of the process will be much faster. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.