JojoandTomas

MARCH 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

139 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I copied Greenbaums intro to create a group for NOA2 for March 2021. Here you go:

This thread was created for those who are waiting for their NOA2 K-1 case assignment from NVC and then tracking your case on wards to your Embassy.  Contained in the PDF below are many tips, tricks and hacks to help you along the way.

These are items that everyone asks for, so I thought I just post a PDF of them here for you to refer to when it's necessary. If you are new to this thread please read as these are most asked questions multiple times.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfin98c33IEpB0T0FlURERriblYmlm5O/view?usp=sharing

Oh hey the routine services in DR are still close i dont see that they shipping cases to the embassy mines still say at NVC and my NOA2 expires march 24 of this year so what do i do? And what about the ds-160 form it expired already also do i have to fill out a new one again?

Im glad the Dominican Republic embassy has opened back up and scheduling interviews they working limited but as long as things are moving is a good step

9 hours ago, B&O0302 said:

Im glad the Dominican Republic embassy has opened back up and scheduling interviews they working limited but as long as things are moving is a good step

Definitely a good step. That backlog was probably crazy

7 hours ago, kc&steph said:

I just got approved today too! Feeling so relieved..... but wondering if I should get police checks done right away or wait a while longer.

Good question? I was just waiting on the NVC number first but if anyone knows of we should start the police checks, let me know too

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 3/5/2021 at 3:34 PM, JojoandTomas said:

Good question? I was just waiting on the NVC number first but if anyone knows of we should start the police checks, let me know too

So I checked with our immigration lawyer and his recommendation was that we get started on that asap. I don't know how fast things are moving on your side of the world because of COVID, but my friend in Malaysia got his K1 approval in early/mid November, then it took 2 months to get to NVC then only a week or so to the embassy. So he had his interview scheduled for February. My embassy is for Bangkok so I am hoping it will be a similar timeframe. Which means I need to get onto it now as my own country's can take up to 60 days, although it's usually closer to 3 weeks. But I need 3 police checks from 3 countries, so go figure 😅

17 minutes ago, kc&steph said:

So I checked with our immigration lawyer and his recommendation was that we get started on that asap. I don't know how fast things are moving on your side of the world because of COVID, but my friend in Malaysia got his K1 approval in early/mid November, then it took 2 months to get to NVC then only a week or so to the embassy. So he had his interview scheduled for February. My embassy is for Bangkok so I am hoping it will be a similar timeframe. Which means I need to get onto it now as my own country's can take up to 60 days, although it's usually closer to 3 weeks. But I need 3 police checks from 3 countries, so go figure 😅

Thanks for the heads up 🙂 I'm definitely going to go and get started on the police checks. Things are pretty slow on this side too and I don't want to delay things with that

Received our NOA2 in the mail today.

As far as police checks, I've already sent mine in (In South Africa).

I currently live in China and will also get one from here before I leave.

The sooner you gather all your civil documents, the easier the process will be later on. 

Good luck, everyone :) 

Edited by Daymellow

On 3/5/2021 at 2:03 AM, kc&steph said:

I just got approved today too! Feeling so relieved..... but wondering if I should get police checks done right away or wait a while longer.

Hii, who should be getting police checks? We were approved on Saturday! Not sure what the next steps are. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.