JojoandTomas

MARCH 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

139 posts in this topic

Hello everyone quick question, since I need a co sponsor one of my close friends is willing to help to but she is also sponsoring her husband at the moment, can she also be a co sponsor for me? From my understanding is that she can but her household will include of her, her husband and my fiance. Correct me if im wrong please! Thank you

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Here’s where we are:

NOA1: July 13th, 2020

NOA2: March 4th, 2021

NVC Received: April 1st, 2021 

NVC Case Number: April 2nd, 2021

Our case has not been sent to the embassy yet, I had an arduous conversation with an NVC rep that I recounted in another thread with details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 4/23/2021 at 3:52 AM, Cute doll face said:

@notnuanced how many Invoice Numbers did they give you ...Cz I called them on Wednesday they picked me up after 25minutes and give me our case number and an ID number that’s all 

Sorry I’m way late here. 
I got the case number and invoice number, I asked when those were assigned because there was no notification. 

So far that’s all I have though. Our embassy is London and they aren’t processing any “new” k1 cases and they told me that means any case that the NVC received after the London embassy closed last March. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
6 hours ago, DenisaH said:

Hello everyone quick question, since I need a co sponsor one of my close friends is willing to help to but she is also sponsoring her husband at the moment, can she also be a co sponsor for me? From my understanding is that she can but her household will include of her, her husband and my fiance. Correct me if im wrong please! Thank you

Yes, thats fine she can co-sponsor you and the household will include 2 person.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We're March 31 NOA2, so I'll post this in both the March and April threads. I called and got our case # and invoice # today.

NOA1: November 12, 2020

NOA2: March 31, 2021

NVC Received: I forgot to ask. Is there a way to know?

NVC Case Number: April 28, 2021

The backlog in Montreal seems to be about 9 months now, so we're in for a wait.

K-1 Process                                                                                            AOS Process

11/06/20: I-129F packet shipped via UPS                                         05/23/22: I-485, I-765, I-131 packet shipped via UPS

11/11/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)             05/26/22: AOS packet delivered to Chicago lockbox

11/12/20: Backdated I-129F "received date" (NOA1)                      05/31/22: NOA "notice date" (x3)

02/09/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account                                06/01/22: Text alert with receipt #s received (x3)

02/10/21: Text alert with receipt # received                                     06/02/22: AOS fees charged to bank account

02/16/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(1) received                   06/06/22: Mailed I-797C Notice(s) of Action received (x3)

03/30/21: I-129F petition approved (NOA2)                                     06/13/22: RFE received

04/04/21: Mailed I-797C Notice of Action(2) received                   06/27/22: Biometrics appointment

04/28/21: NVC case # assigned                                                         08/24/22: RFE response shipped

10/29/21: Case sent to Montreal consulate                                     08/31/22: RFE response delivered

11/02/21: Consulate received (first ready)                                       03/11/23: 2nd RFE received

11/15/21: Packet 3 mailed (second ready)                                      03/23/23: AP & EAD approved

11/20/21: Packet 3 received (by U.S. petitioner via mail)              04/28/23: AOS APPROVED!

11/20/21: Packet 3 submitted                                                            05/08/23: Green Card received

11/24/21: Packet 4 received (interview date assigned)

12/10/21: Medical exam (Dr. Cheema in Surrey)

12/14/21: Medical results emailed to the consulate

01/11/22: K-1 interview: APPROVED!

01/14/22: Visa in hand (received via Purolator)

03/29/22: US entry (YYZ Toronto)!

04/04/22: Marriage!

Timeline

NOA1 :    2020-07-07
NOA2 :    2021-03-26
NVC Received :    Mid April?

Here's hoping Montreal works through the backlog quickly.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 4/13/2021 at 11:12 PM, jaimedebruyn said:

We are in transit to Mumbai!! According to the DHL tracking hack, it looks like the case is scheduled to arrive on Monday! Woohoo!!

Hi! How do you enter the data for the DHL tracking? I think I may be confused as I read the guide a few times and still don’t understand the format. It says to “leave everything as is”, but I’m sure I have to change the date… I’ve found the DHL link, just not sure what to enter for the first field. Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, yvonme said:

Hi! How do you enter the data for the DHL tracking? I think I may be confused as I read the guide a few times and still don’t understand the format. It says to “leave everything as is”, but I’m sure I have to change the date… I’ve found the DHL link, just not sure what to enter for the first field. Thank you! 

I just changed to the days I estimated the packet being shipped, according to NVCs scheduled shipping dates. (Our's was April 13/14) You can check the shipping schedule and enter the dates accordingly, and then change the location.

Timeline
On 5/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, Dan C said:

NOA1 :    2020-07-07
NOA2 :    2021-03-26
NVC Received :    Mid April?

Here's hoping Montreal works through the backlog quickly.

We are about the same timeline:

NOA1: 2020-07-06

NOA2: 20201-03-09

NVC Recieved: April 1st

Case assigned: April 13

Montreal is majorly backlogged. We have a FB group if you’d like to follow timelines and get much needed support during this time. Have you travelled Stateside while waiting for K1?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Darin&Priyanka said:

We are about the same timeline:

NOA1: 2020-07-06

NOA2: 20201-03-09

NVC Recieved: April 1st

Case assigned: April 13

Montreal is majorly backlogged. We have a FB group if you’d like to follow timelines and get much needed support during this time. Have you travelled Stateside while waiting for K1?

Neither of us have traveled but now that vaccines are available (and now that we know about this backlog) we're starting to make plans to.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

US embassy muscat,Oman contacted me on 3 May.they said when you are in possesion of all required documents send email to consular to get an appointment date.Waiting for one paper right now and to do medical examination. Will see

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Just out of curiosity, has there been any cases where in you got approved in the interview but got denied after administrative processing?

I recently did my interview and got approved but as of the moment, on our CEAC it says its under administrative processing so I am worried.

10 hours ago, Penguinlalala said:

Hello everyone!

Just out of curiosity, has there been any cases where in you got approved in the interview but got denied after administrative processing?

I recently did my interview and got approved but as of the moment, on our CEAC it says its under administrative processing so I am worried.

I’ve heard going into administrative processing is normal while they are getting ready to issue your visa

Hi everyone, our interview is Monday and im just gathering a couple last things.. our co-sponsor has just sent over his supporting documents for i134 since he has just finished his tax.. while over viewing I noticed he owes some money.. will this be a problem? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.