JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

162 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 3/23/2021 at 10:54 AM, SamanthaH said:

Hello everyone longtime lurker first time poster. We recieved our NOA2 on Feb 12th and I had to call to get our case number and invoice. The women I spoke with said that the London embassy wasnt currently processing K1 visas and that I should just wait to get an email that will say when they send the visa over to the embassy. Do you think I should go ahead and do the DS 160 since I have out case number and invoice even though I haven't been formally contacted. 

Hey I'm not really part of this group but if you've seen the other forum for your country you should know that there is a lawsuit building up against the US embassy or something in the UK because they basically haven't been processing K1 visas for almost a year?! I would not do the DS160 as it does have an expiry period (6 months or 1 year I can't remember) and you might end up wasting your money and having to pay that all over again.

All the best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/7/2021 at 12:35 PM, hope inmyheart said:

NOA1 - June 28, 2020 (NO RFE)

NOA2 - Feb 07, 2021

NVC Case # - never got one

receive email on 04/05 saying my document is sending to embassy 

Called and got my NVC Case # with invoice a week or so ago.  Guess I work with the PH embassy now?  Any recommended steps to be taken?  Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

Good news! My NVC case got updated to In Transit today :) Praise the Lord! 

K1 Visa - Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 

Approved - February 02, 2021

NOA1 - June 16, 2020

(NO RFE)

NOA2 - Feb 02, 2021

NVC Case Created - Mar 2, 2021

NVC Case # - Mar 4, 2021

In Transit - Apr 13, 2021

Ready - Apr 15, 2021

Interview Date - May 20, 2021

Landed in USA - Aug 11, 2021

Adjustment of Status 📌

Service Center NBC

Sent - Oct 15, 2021

Delivered - Oct 18, 2021

Text Notice - Oct 19, 2021

Mail Receipt - Oct 25, 2021

Biometrics Update - Nov 13, 2021

Biometrics Date - Dec 07, 2021

Green Card Interview Notice - Dec 23, 2021

Postal Receipt - Jan 03, 2022

Interview Date - Jan 31, 2022

Green Card Approval - Feb 4, 2022

Card Was Produced - Feb 9, 2022

Card was received by mail - Feb 12, 2022

SSN was received by mail - Feb 12, 2022

American Flag Eagle GIF

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, marjandchri said:

Team,  

Assuming our approvals will extend beyond the valid through date, what are the steps to renew the timeline? Thank you in advance.

noa2.valid.date.jpg

I heard that you just send an email to your embassy that you still intend to marry each other and are waiting for the embassy to process the case which has stalled because of covid. Just having that paper trail helps

Timeline
2 hours ago, TonyStark said:

Hi everyone! I'm just a little confused. The NVC status checker is telling me it's "In Transit" and that they sent me my interview date. I didn't receive it anywhere. I read some posts here saying that the K-1 applicant schedules the appointment but I'm not sure. The papers are at the Embassy now according to DHL. 

Which embassy?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.