JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

162 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 5/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, Penguinlalala said:

Hello everyone!

This group have been really helpful throughout our visa application. So I feel like it is necessary to update you all.

We got our visa! I'm just waiting for it to be shipped!

Here is our timeline:

I-129F:  June 4th, 2020

NOA 1: June 6th, 2020

NOA2: February 25th, 2021 
NVC Case Created: March 16th, 2021
Consulate Received: March 26th, 2021
Packet 3 Received: March 29th, 2021
Interview: May 13th, 2021 (APPROVED)
*No RFE
*No expedite
Embassy: Tokyo, Japan

Questions asked:
-Whats the name of your fiance?
-Where does he live?
-Did he live there his whole life?
-What is his work now? What are his previous jobs?
-How did you two meet?
-Did he visit you?

The whole interview process went well and smoothly! I was so nervous at first but the consul was really nice and friendly. I am so glad that we are finally done with our K1 and will be reunited soon! I am wishing you all the same and hoping for everyone to be reunited with their significant other!

Congratulations!!  I am curious, your county says PH, but in your post, it says embassy is in Tokyo.  Were they working there at the time?  Thanks in advance.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
4 minutes ago, macorbin said:

do you get your interview date from embassy?

no. they will email the us citizen with packet 3 and the instructions on documents to collect and instruct you to do the ds-160 and then book the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Gabe89 said:

no. they will email the us citizen with packet 3 and the instructions on documents to collect and instruct you to do the ds-160 and then book the interview.

do they email the us citizen or mail? or both?

Edited by macorbin

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I heard they finally sent a batch of visas to Lima, I believe first time since March 2020. Mine wasn't in that group unfortunately. I heard that they only ship every other Tuesday and Wednesday, so next possibility being June 8th and 9th. My question - is there any reason to check CEAC status outside of that time? Can it update to in transit or some other status before then?

Timeline

Hello, everyone.

So, our NOA2 approval was in February 2021, and our 'valid through' date is quickly approaching this month, so we need an extension.  There was an email listed here for the PH embassy, but I got bounced because it said it was full.  I went to the embassy's website PH US Embassy and found this email support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com .  Hope this helps those who are in same boat, and if you have any recommendations, we would gladly appreciate them.

Talk soon!!

Timeline
On 6/1/2021 at 12:52 PM, Dustin&Caro said:

I heard they finally sent a batch of visas to Lima, I believe first time since March 2020. Mine wasn't in that group unfortunately. I heard that they only ship every other Tuesday and Wednesday, so next possibility being June 8th and 9th. My question - is there any reason to check CEAC status outside of that time? Can it update to in transit or some other status before then?

Our NOA2 was back in February 2021. Since then until today our NVC case status has been showing "At NVC". Your information gives me hope and i can't wait for NVC to send our packet to Lima.

Edited by DeysiT

Timeline
14 minutes ago, DeysiT said:

Our NOA2 was back in February 2021. Since then until today our NVC case status has been showing "At NVC". Your information gives me hope and i can't wait for NVC to send our packet to Lima.

They sent more yesterday. From what I've seen they've all been cases that got to the NVC in April 2020. Good news is that all that have been sent down have quick turnaround interviews, like all interviews set for June, for example. I know some people that were "At NVC" since June 2020 and July 2020, so will have a good idea for timeline once theirs go through. Well probably no new info until June 22nd, so I'll keep ya in the loop.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dustin&Caro said:

They sent more yesterday. From what I've seen they've all been cases that got to the NVC in April 2020. Good news is that all that have been sent down have quick turnaround interviews, like all interviews set for June, for example. I know some people that were "At NVC" since June 2020 and July 2020, so will have a good idea for timeline once theirs go through. Well probably no new info until June 22nd, so I'll keep ya in the loop.

WOW! April 2020 is 10 months before our Feb 2021 date. I hate to wait another 10 months just for NVC to send our case down there. 

And Yes! please keep me in the loop. Thanks so much!!

Edited by DeysiT

Timeline
12 hours ago, Dustin&Caro said:

How were they able to extend their NOA2 'valid through' date?  Ours is approaching this month, and I want to insure it has been extended.  Thank you for your time.

Timeline
10 hours ago, marjandchri said:

Just emailed NVC again to insure an extension of our I-797 NOA2 'Approval Notice Valid from' date because the 'to' date is quickly approaching (this month); approval in Feb. 2021.

They won't issue an extension. The "Valid To" date is not a big deal since there are delays for many many people and most NOA2 will be past the Valid to date by the time of interview. So for interview you would simply take a recent letter saying that you are still fiance of .... and intend to marry within 90 days of arriving in USA. (1 letter by petitioner and 1 letter by beneficiary). This letter is same as when you had initially filed the fiance visa

Timeline
15 hours ago, DeysiT said:

They won't issue an extension. The "Valid To" date is not a big deal since there are delays for many many people and most NOA2 will be past the Valid to date by the time of interview. So for interview you would simply take a recent letter saying that you are still fiance of .... and intend to marry within 90 days of arriving in USA. (1 letter by petitioner and 1 letter by beneficiary). This letter is same as when you had initially filed the fiance visa

Thank you for your reply, Daisy.  The limbo is tough.  Last time I called the NVC, that is kind of what they told me.  The time before that, they told me to contact the target embassy, but that was fruitless.  Ready for our free trial of communism to end, but it is what it is.  Cheers you. :pop:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.