JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

162 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Chauncey said:

Let us know how it goes, my NOA2 is a day before yours. Did you just email them instead of calling?

I emailed them.

Looking at other Visajourners arond here, NVC takes 1 solid month to build the case. I'm at 2 weeks, so by the time they answer it'll be week 3. If it's not ready, I know, statistically speaking, it'll be ready the next week or afterward.

No need to call. However, if you prefer human interaction, it's highly advised by attorneys to call late at night. NVC is open until midnight. So calling around 10pm is good.

Also, side note: I never visited Russia but it's on my wish list to visit your exclave, Kaliningrado & Yuzhno-Saklhalinsk (the island). Everyone wants to visit Japan, but everyone dimisses the Russian (half-japanese) island further north. Plus, it's cheaper. :)  Just something cool to share. Take care

I was never in Russia, but I spent some serious time with NATO around your borders...doing "training". 

Edited by fezlopez

Timeline
2 minutes ago, fezlopez said:

I emailed them.

Looking at other Visajourners arond here, NVC takes 1 solid month to build the case. I'm at 2 weeks, so by the time they answer it'll be week 3. If it's not ready, I know, statistically speaking, it'll be ready the next week or afterward.

No need to call. However, if you prefer human interaction, it's highly advised by attorneys to call late at night. NVC is open until midnight. So calling around 10pm is good.

Also, side note: I never visited Russia but it's on my wish list to visit your exclave, Kaliningrado & Yuzhno-Saklhalinsk (the island). Everyone wants to visit Japan, but everyone dimisses the Russian (half-japanese) island further north. Plus, it's cheaper. :)  Just something cool to share. Take care

Thank you so much! I think I'll email them too since I'm going out of the country to meet my fiance and don't want to pay for long distance calling 😛

I will keep that in mind! My fiance is the one that's Russian. I wanted to visit more cities with my tourist visa besides his own and saint petersburg but unfortunately I'm not allowed into Russia anymore until further notice because of the pandemic :(

5 minutes ago, Chauncey said:

Thank you so much! I think I'll email them too since I'm going out of the country to meet my fiance and don't want to pay for long distance calling 😛

I will keep that in mind! My fiance is the one that's Russian. I wanted to visit more cities with my tourist visa besides his own and saint petersburg but unfortunately I'm not allowed into Russia anymore until further notice because of the pandemic :(

Ahh, ok. I was thinking you're the Rusky! Haha.

Well, I suggest you look at the NVC timeframes.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

NO2 Feb 19.

I called NVC today to see if they'd received our case yet, and the person I talked to said to wait around 60 days for them to receive and  process it ("COVID and all that"). I was looking through the k1 timelines and there were a handful where the NVC received their case a little over 2 weeks after NOA2, so I was hopeful, but more waiting game for meeeeee :P

Montreal consulate is still working its way through the 2020 backlog though, so I'll be haunting this forum for a while yet lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 minute ago, ashoparkes said:

NO2 Feb 19.

I called NVC today to see if they'd received our case yet, and the person I talked to said to wait around 60 days for them to receive and  process it ("COVID and all that"). I was looking through the k1 timelines and there were a handful where the NVC received their case a little over 2 weeks after NOA2, so I was hopeful, but more waiting game for meeeeee :P

Montreal consulate is still working its way through the 2020 backlog though, so I'll be haunting this forum for a while yet lol

same happened to us this morning. My fiance called around 7am and told the same thing. Our NOA 2 Feb.10😥

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 minutes ago, JojoandTomas said:

@marjandchri i noticed yours was actually February. This is the February NOA2 group🙂

You are super cool, JT.  Thank you for the assistance!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Got the case number, invoice number and email updated through the online form.

the day after they sent an email saying the case was in transfer to the consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Gabe89 said:

Got the case number, invoice number and email updated through the online form.

the day after they sent an email saying the case was in transfer to the consulate.

Very cool.  I wish the same.

4 minutes ago, fezlopez said:

Called the NVC yesterday afternoon.

Yesterday, they were working on cases received March 5th.

How do you know once it's received?? I updated my email with them. Its only been about 2 weeks since my approval 

Just now, JojoandTomas said:

How do you know once it's received?? I updated my email with them. Its only been about 2 weeks since my approval 

You call, and ask them what date they received the file.

Although USCIS approves your file, USCIS has up to 90 days to deliver it to the NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Arghhhh........... This is my NVC email response to my request of case number and timing.  The waiting is soooooo painful, thank goodness for this site.

(NOA2: 13 Feb)

Dear Sir/Madam:

You will be notified once this case is forwarded to the assigned US Embassy/Consulate General.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.