JojoandTomas

FEBRUARY 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

162 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hi, 

In the first step of the PDF, 'signup for an email with NVC', the link doesn't work. Can anyone help navigate me to the email signup page/form? 

This is all super confusing... kudos to everyone on this difficult (but exciting) journey. Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
26 minutes ago, sarac4479 said:

Hi, 

In the first step of the PDF, 'signup for an email with NVC', the link doesn't work. Can anyone help navigate me to the email signup page/form? 

This is all super confusing... kudos to everyone on this difficult (but exciting) journey. Thanks! 

here you are: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/ask-nvc.html?wcmmode=disabled

Timeline
On 3/18/2021 at 3:31 PM, Gabe89 said:

Oh yes this does work, it seems i was putting in the DOB incorrectly, they want the month name

Edited by Chauncey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

hi guys! anybody still waiting for their case number who's noa 2 is feb.9? I called nvc last week they still dont have it and today I received their reply from my inquiry thru their email, still they didn't have my petition in their database. I'm getting worried now coz I've seen others with noa 2 after ours getting their case numbers. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone longtime lurker first time poster. We recieved our NOA2 on Feb 12th and I had to call to get our case number and invoice. The women I spoke with said that the London embassy wasnt currently processing K1 visas and that I should just wait to get an email that will say when they send the visa over to the embassy. Do you think I should go ahead and do the DS 160 since I have out case number and invoice even though I haven't been formally contacted. 

On 3/1/2021 at 3:42 PM, ashoparkes said:

Have you had any luck getting your number yet? Mine was Feb 18 and I was going to start calling at the end of this week. 

My NOA2 is 2/18 but they have not received my petition yet. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, srilankanmafia said:

My NOA2 is 2/18 but they have not received my petition yet. 

When did you last contact them? I called on Friday last week and they told me they received mine on the 16th of March. As of yesterday they were processing cases received on the 10th, so I'm going to call again this Friday and see if they've processed it.

1 hour ago, ashoparkes said:

When did you last contact them? I called on Friday last week and they told me they received mine on the 16th of March. As of yesterday they were processing cases received on the 10th, so I'm going to call again this Friday and see if they've processed it.

I call every other day and my representative emailed and inquired on Friday. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/23/2021 at 11:50 AM, srilankanmafia said:

I call every other day and my representative emailed and inquired on Friday. 

It's just a practice in patience, really. There were some timelines with Feb 18 NOA2 that said NVC received them a week before mine, and a week after mine. I don't think there's cause for concern just yet. Hang in there :) 

16 minutes ago, ashoparkes said:

It's just a practice in patience, really. There were some timelines with Feb 18 NOA2 that said NVC received them a week before mine, and a week after mine. I don't think there's cause for concern just yet. Hang in there :) 

Thanks so much! They received it on 3/23 I’m so relieved. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, srilankanmafia said:

Thanks so much! They received it on 3/23 I’m so relieved. 

Congrats!!  We are Feb. 23 NOA2.  I am curious, how did you approach the call with NVC?

46 minutes ago, marjandchri said:

Congrats!!  We are Feb. 23 NOA2.  I am curious, how did you approach the call with NVC?

I just gave them my USCIS receipt # told them I’m K-1 and they told me my case was received on 3/23 

Timeline
On 3/25/2021 at 8:58 PM, srilankanmafia said:

I just gave them my USCIS receipt # told them I’m K-1 and they told me my case was received on 3/23 

Thank you, SKM. Is the USCIS receipt # for K-1 the WAC #?

Edited by marjandchri

Timeline
11 hours ago, Chauncey said:

Has anyone with a NOA2 date around February 23 been able to get their case number yet?

My NOA2 is around that date.  I plan to make my first call later tonight.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.