Fidel

Got a joint sponsor (merged)

39 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Fidel said:

What do you suggest we do next @Paul & Mary

Find a qualified joint sponsor - the consular told you as much, no? 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I think finding a joint sponsor is going to the easiest hurdle to overcome in your case. 

Edited by JFH

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, JFH said:

I think finding a joint sponsor is going to the easiest hurdle to overcome in your case. 

OK I need to know what the joint sponsor need to provide and how to submit it to tge embassy.. Do we have to upload it on ceac or I have to take it in person to DHL

The 221(g) paper will tell you the address that you have to send it to. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JFH said:

The 221(g) paper will tell you the address that you have to send it to. 

Which means I have to take all the joint sponsor provided to DHL.... What docs does the joint sponsor need to provide for us

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fidel said:

Which means I have to take all the joint sponsor provided to DHL.... What docs does the joint sponsor need to provide for us

The joint sponsor needs to provide the same evidence of income as the main sponsor, along with their own I-864 form.

Wife's I-130:

03/15/2019 NOA1 (Nebraska Service Center)

02/11/2020 Case transferred to Vermont Service Center

02/02/2021 NOA2 الحمد لله

02/04/2021 Approval email
02/12/2022 NVC documents submitted

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

1040 form for 2019 has #5a which is for social security earnings (even if not taxable ) as the taxable amount is on line 5b

The following is all from the USCIS site

SSA is for retired individuals which means an older woman and she would also be getting medicare and can not add u to her health  insurance

The following is all from the USCIS site as updated in January 2021

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/i-864-affidavit-faqs.html

consular officers also looks at other public charge factors affecting the financial situation of both the financial sponsor(s) and the applicant. Age, health, education, skills, financial resources and family status of the applicant and the sponsor are factors. Consular officers will verify to the extent possible that applicants have adequate financial support to prevent them becoming a public charge in the United States. Public charge means that someone is primarily dependent on the U.S. government for subsistence.

To include the value of her house she has to actually prove the equity (by getting an appraisal and a statement showing any mortgage or liens on the property)  / it costs quite a bit to have a property appraised 

and the following applies

Financial sponsors can only include assets that are convertible into cash within one year and without considerable hardship or financial loss to the sponsor and his/her family

You need a joint sponsor as the CO is looking at a few red flags such as her age,  the costs of providing you with health care,etc and they do not have to accept her property as an asset if the 2 of you need this house to live in. 

If it is rental property and not her main residence ,  it would be better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

What is her current income?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

We have our answer

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, Fidel said:

She work part time last year and still get benefit.. But currently she is no more working 

That is the problem. And that drastic decline in income per year easily set off a red flag. 

Timeline

OK house thanks for your contribution so far. We finally got someone that us ready to be a joint sponsor.. He makes 38000$ in 2019.but the issue is he has a girlfriend that lives with him with 3 kids but he said he only claim 2 dependent out of tge 3 kids and his girlfriend claim the remaining one. Here is what I want the house to put me through 

1, is it normal to claim 2 dependent when you have 3 kids 

2. Claiming 2 dependent does that mean 3household 

3. Is that income enough for 3 household 

It is hard to get a joint sponsor now and this is the only person that is ready to be our joint sponsor 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Coco8 said:

If he is not married, then maybe he is claiming only 2 children because the third one is not his biological child?

You should keep writing in your original threat. Now there is missing information about your case. I'm not sure 38,000 is enough, because of missing information.

Missing information as how.. Please expantiate more on what you mean by missing information 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.