RoseMalaysia

K1 approved but Embassy says administritive processing required!!!

36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi guys,

My fiance went to her K1 visa interview on Jan 14 at the US embassy in Ankara, the counselor officer congratulated her, took her passport, and said that she will receive it in 7 days.

I emailed the embassy inquiring about the passport and got this reply:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is undergoing required administrative processing. Unfortunately, we are unable to predict how long administrative processing will take for a given case, and we are unable to influence the completion of the process. We will send you a notification email as soon as the processing is completed.  

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy Ankara"

I don't get it, why are they saying this? 

Does this mean that her visa isn't approved? we have waited 368 days for this, how much longer we have to wait?

Edited by RoseMalaysia
grammer and typos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
7 minutes ago, RoseMalaysia said:

Hi guys,

My fiance went to her K1 visa interview on Jan 14 at the US embassy in Ankara, the counselor officer congratulated her, took her passport, and said that she will receive it in 7 days.

I emailed the embassy inquiring about the passport and replied with the following:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is undergoing required administrative processing. Unfortunately, we are unable to predict how long administrative processing will take for a given case, and we are unable to influence the completion of the process. We will send you a notification email as soon as the processing is completed.  

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy Ankara"

Does this mean that her visa isn't approved? we have waited 368 days for this, how much longer should we wait?

The fact that they took your passport is good news.  My fiance also had her interview on the 14th and received her visa a week later.  You can check the status of your application anytime online here:  https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ by referencing your DS-160 confirmation number.

Our status showed administrative processing until yesterday, at which time it was updated to "Issued".  Unfortunately I'm told that there is no set timeline on how long this takes, but the fact that they took your passport during the interview is a good thing and likely means the interviewer anticipated your approval.  Hang in there, you're close!

Edited by Purcari1984
Typo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Visas are not actually approved until all administrative processing is completed after the interview.  Unfortunately, administrative processing cannot be waived or expedited.  It can take hours, days, weeks, or (in some cases such as in Pakistan commonly) many months.  Just wait and watch for the status to change to issued.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Purcari1984 said:

The fact that they took your passport is good news.  My fiance also had her interview on the 14th and received her visa a week later.  You can check the status of your application anytime online here:  https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ by referencing your DS-160 confirmation number.

Our status showed administrative processing until yesterday, at which time it was updated to "Issued".  Unfortunately I'm told that there is no set timeline on how long this takes, but the fact that they took your passport during the interview is a good thing and likely means the interviewer anticipated your approval.  Hang in there, you're close!

Our status is showing

Ready

Case Created: 07-Jul-2020
Case Last Updated:

21-Jan-2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
Just now, RoseMalaysia said:

Our status is showing

Ready

Case Last Updated:

21-Jan-2021

I'm not any sort of expert so I will let others chime in with what that means.  However, I was under the impression that a "Ready" status meant "ready for interview", but obvoiusly you've completed that step.  

In our case, once our status showed "issued" we received an e-mail that day informing us the passport was ready for pick-up. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Administrative Processing is what  they call the time period until visa is issued. Everyone goes through this process.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
12 hours ago, RoseMalaysia said:

Hi guys,

I emailed the embassy inquiring about the passport and got this reply:

"Dear Sir/Madam,

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy Ankara"

Does this mean that her visa isn't approved? we have waited 368 days for this, how much longer we have to wait?

The process you are going through is normal. Every case goes though administrative processing before the visa is issued.

Do not go crazy over status changes. Chances are, in the next couple days you will see anything from "Ready" to "Refused" and finally to "Issued".

"Refused" is not what it sounds like, it is simply another term that they use temporarily as they go through administrative processing.  The only status you should care for is "Issued". Other than that, it's sadly still a waiting game. You are nearly at the end of the k-1 process. Hang in there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

You are never approved until your status changes to "issued". That's why hardly anybody (if any at all) is approved at the actual interview, more or less everyone goes through AP, even if it's just a few hours for some and months for others.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline

I have recived this email from the Embassy:

Dear *********
We kindly ask you to provide the information requested down below by keeping the questions and providing the answers following the questions. Please do not change the subject line of this email when responding.

1- Place(s) of residence since 2014 including dates of residence
2- International travel since 2014, with specific locations, dates of entry/departure, source of funds and travel purpose
3- Full legal name and any other names ever used, including nicknames, aliases, middle names, patronymics, titles, honorifics, etc.
4- Date of birth, place of birth, and all countries of citizenship ever held
5- All passport numbers and national IDs you have ever been issued
6- Please scan and send us a recent photo as an attachment within your email reply
7- Full name(s) and dates of birth of your parents (full, step) living or deceased

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Does this mean that after this they will issue me the visa?

Any tips or ideas on how to answer these Qs or what to include in the reply?

Thanks guys

Edited by RoseMalaysia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, RoseMalaysia said:

Thanks guys

Give them exactly what they want via the email....asap.  Good luck.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline

Just checked my visa status and it says:

Refused

Case Last Updated: 28-Jan-2021

Is this ok? does this mean that they are waiting for my reply and still processing my visa application?

10 hours ago, RoseMalaysia said:

Dear *********
We kindly ask you to provide the information requested down below by keeping the questions and providing the answers following the questions. Please do not change the subject line of this email when responding.

2- International travel since 2014, with specific locations, dates of entry/departure, source of funds and travel purpose
3- Full legal name and any other names ever used, including nicknames, aliases, middle names, patronymics, titles, honorifics, etc.
6- Please scan and send us a recent photo as an attachment within your email reply
7- Full name(s) and dates of birth of your parents (full, step) living or deceased

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Does this mean that after this they will issue me the visa?  No one can answer that.

Any tips or ideas on how to answer these Qs or what to include in the reply?   How can anyone else assist you here?  All of these questions are straightforward and factual, not abstract or interpretive.   You need to answer honestly, if you want the visa.

Thanks guys

9 hours ago, RoseMalaysia said:

Just checked my visa status and it says:

Refused

Case Last Updated: 28-Jan-2021

Is this ok? does this mean that they are waiting for my reply and still processing my visa application?

Well, they're certainly not going to approve this visa before receiving your reply to their questions, are they?

Timeline
On 1/28/2021 at 9:00 PM, RoseMalaysia said:

Dear *********

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

Does this mean that after this they will issue me the visa?

Thanks guys

I have replied to this email last night (took me more than 4 hours to do so),

& I have got an email this morning with a new (2nd) interview appointment on the 8th of Feb

Wish me luck

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.