Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Riversong said:

up until 2016 they did it in Vancouver. I agree with @State and Maine there should be more than one for all of Canada. Would make more sense to have one in the East, one Central and one West.

Obviously at one point they did have the qualified staff to deal with cr1/ir1 and K1 Visas. Not sure what made them decide to move it all to Montreal :(

If you ask me it's extremely short sighted to not have all Consular Visa Officers trained for IV applications, because it leaves them massively exposed during situations like this. They have a bunch of NIV officers twiddling their thumbs as they're processing very few NIV cases right now, they could absolutely be reassigned to handle IV cases to get down the backlog.

Cross training is one of the most basis rules in the workplace, because you need staff that are agile and can respond to changing workloads...but the foreign service is hardly known for that. lol!

Like seriously, what are they going to do? These backlogs are not sustainable, they don't have the staff to even prevent them growing even further let alone a plan to reduce them. Something has to give.

Edited by Kai (CanadaDude)

Became Canadian PR: 11/11/2017

I-130 NOA1: 04/06/2020

I-130 NOA2: 08/11/2020

NVC IV Package Sent: 09/10/2020

NVC DQ: 09/23/2020

Applied for Canadian Citizenship: 06/24/2021

IV Interview @ MTL: 08/04/2021

POE: 08/09/2021

GC in hand: 12/24/2021

Became Canadian Citizen: 06/21/2022

I-751 Submitted: 06/08/2023

I-751 Approved: 04/27/2024

10Y GC Received: 05/11/2024

N-400 Submitted: 05/15/2024

My guide on Importing a Canadian Vehicle into the US using a Registered Importer: https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/importing-dot-non-compliant-canadian-vehicles-into-the-united-states-with-a-registered-importer-r135/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

If you ask me it's extremely short sighted to not have all Consular Visa Officers trained for IV applications, because it leaves them massively exposed during situations like this. They have a bunch of NIV officers twiddling their thumbs as they're processing very few NIV cases right now, they could absolutely be reassigned to handle IV cases to get down the backlog.

Cross training is one of the most basis rules in the workplace, because you need staff that are agile and can respond to changing workloads...but the foreign service is hardly known for that. lol!

Like seriously, what are they going to do? These backlogs are not sustainable, they don't have the staff to even prevent them growing even further let alone a plan to reduce them. Something has to give.

Exactly!! It makes no sense why they have limited staff that are trained to do them.

1 hour ago, Kai (CanadaDude) said:

It would only take them 3 weeks if that to cross train them too that’s the sad part. They could get threw all the back logs way faster there for making more money. They keep says no funds but that’s bc they aren’t processing 

Timeline

In my application D260, to the question: Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? I had answered yes”, the reason was I had crossed the border way too many times in a year. It was only one time I got turned around.

Now, reading through some old posts, I had learnt that the correct answer should be “ No”. It wasn’t a refusal of entry but a withdrawal. I can’t go back and change it now, and I am getting nervous that I might be denied at the interview because of this. Please give me some advice on this matter as it’s haunting me days and nights, as my interview date is looming. 

Thank you, 

Edited by LomLomLom

Timeline
9 minutes ago, LomLomLom said:

In my application D260, to the question: Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry? I had answered yes”, the reason was I had crossed the border way too many times in a year. It was only one time I got turned around.

Now, reading through some old posts, I had learnt that the correct answer should be “ No”. It wasn’t a refusal of entry but a withdrawal. I can’t go back and change it now, and I am getting nervous that I might be denied at the interview because of this. Please give me some advice on this matter as it’s haunting me days and nights, as my interview date is looming. 

Thank you, 

I also withdrew my application due to an overstay, I also answered yes. I am bringing the I-275 that I was given to my interview. From what I have read they should not be reasons for denial, my overstay was less than 180 days and I did not require a ban from the US. The way that they word the question, a refusal or withdrawn application, you answered it correctly

Hi guys, I have 2 questions:

1. Does anyone know if Dr Cheema in Surrey offers Tetanus shot during the medical? Would it be wiser if I just go and get the

tetanus shot now while waiting for the IL?

2. Is there any other dr in Vancouver except Dr Cheema in Surrey? Is there any dr closer to downtown? Surrey is a too far for me.

Thank you all so much in advance.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Magnolian said:

1. Does anyone know if Dr Cheema in Surrey offers Tetanus shot during the medical? Would it be wiser if I just go and get the

2. Is there any other dr in Vancouver except Dr Cheema in Surrey? Is there any dr closer to downtown? Surrey is a too far for me.

They probably do the, however they also probably charge for them (the one in Montreal charges $50 i think). I got mine done at the end of April through the health clinic in Fort St John at no cost. As long as you have BC Care card it wont cost you anything. As for any other Dr, you can only use the ones on their list

Timeline
12 hours ago, State and Maine said:

Was skimming through VJ profiles of people in other places of the world that were recently approved for their spousal visas and quite a few of them were dq in 2021 and they’ve already had their interviews. Pretty depressing to see… what makes Canada so different? Give me a interview next week and I’ll be ready for it! Lol

Lol yesterday I heard from someone who just got their I 130 approved... it took less than 2 months 😂🤣 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mikeeastern said:

Dcf? Or through USCIS? That's so unfair. Anyways I hope they send IL's today. This uncertainty is not so exciting. 

Yep, USCIS.. It 12 months for ours to get approved and now apparently they are on average taking 15-18 apparently. I wouldnt put much stock in the processing times. So many inconsistencies throughout this process. I agree with @Kai (CanadaDude). Dude should run for political office! I also think that downsizing to having 1 consulate processing the visas and having less staff working and trained were all deliberate efforts to make the process as long, difficult and exhausting as possible to discourage people and hope that couples are going to break up by the time make it to the interview stage 😂 That was definitely the former presidents agenda. 

Timeline

It's me AGAIN! My status has said "ISSUED" since Monday but I still don't have a tracking number. I opted for the passports to be sent to the Canada Post outlet. Just want to ask anyone who has chosen this option if they were sent a tracking number via email when the passports were sent, or if the status at ais.usvisainfo actually changed to show the tracking number. (The system doesn't accept VISA debit as a cc even though USCIS did, which is why I opted for the Free Version.) Thanks! 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Magnolian said:

Dr Cheema is the only Doctor in Western Canada unfortunately. It’s Surrey or Ontario / Quebec. 

Apparently there used to be one in Calgary but he retired. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Yep, USCIS.. It 12 months for ours to get approved and now apparently they are on average taking 15-18 apparently. I wouldnt put much stock in the processing times. So many inconsistencies throughout this process. I agree with @Kai (CanadaDude). Dude should run for political office! I also think that downsizing to having 1 consulate processing the visas and having less staff working and trained were all deliberate efforts to make the process as long, difficult and exhausting as possible to discourage people and hope that couples are going to break up by the time make it to the interview stage 😂 That was definitely the former presidents agenda. 

Considering they moved to 1 Consulate in 2016 it wasn't the former president who did it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.