Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations to all with happy news today.

Do you have happy news as well, 

@Balpreet

@B&Grr

@monicatjoy

@DoubleE

@Prairiegirl3

@i5love

@VanniFucci

@Adaab

@PawID is not taggable

?

Kayleigh11 apparently changed their username.

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

10 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

@Balpreet

@B&Grr

@monicatjoy

@DoubleE

@Prairiegirl3

@i5love

@VanniFucci

@Adaab

@PawID is not taggable

?

Yes, 3rd of March. 

Quick question.. to sign up I need to write my DS 260 number. Is that the confirmation number at the end of DS 260 form?

Thank you everyone for help! 

Best of luck!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Mi and Di said:

I also receive my interview call for Date: March 29, but didn't receive my daughter interview call so need to wait few times, might be due to have different DQ date.

33 minutes ago, rmelchin said:

I just received an interview email for my son on March 31st.  Do they usually book families at the same time.  I'm still waiting for my wife and 3 more kids.  My wife's DQ date was later than the kids as it took a while to get fingerprinted for the criminal records check as she was visiting me in the USA when the pandemic hit.

Yes, they book families together; send the consulate an email about it if the other kids or family members don't get their assignments in the next day (if not later today).

@mam521 , @katie.r.bee, & @SeriaRisa11 can speak to this.

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

1 hour ago, Hawk Riders said:

@Balpreet

@B&Grr

@monicatjoy

@DoubleE

@Prairiegirl3

@i5love

@VanniFucci

@Adaab

@PawID is not taggable

?

I think they went off our original DQ date of July 8. Im not sure if you want to change it on the spreadsheet. They had told me Aug 19 was what we got changed to because they asked for another document and said there was a “glitch” but I think they must have been wrong when I spoke to them. 
I just worry now it will confuse and dishearten people to think our case somehow went through earlier!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CrystalNeufeld said:

I think they went off our original DQ date of July 8. 

Thanks for the clarification; the apparent outlier *was* confusing.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

5 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Thanks for the clarification; the apparent outlier *was* confusing.

Yes, it was very weird. They assured me twice that the “glitch” did not move our date. 
Then recently were like nope it moved your date and we cant correct it back to the July date. So in the back of my mind I hoped this would happen and they’d be wrong but didn’t think it would actually happen, thought it was just wishful thinking!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Yes, they book families together; send the consulate an email about it if the other kids or family members don't get their assignments in the next day (if not later today).

@mam521 , @katie.r.bee, & @SeriaRisa11 can speak to this.

@rmelchin

Yep, they scheduled us together.  Kids both QD'd before me.  Kid2 got the first interview appointment letter, Kid1 and I got ours the next day.  Yes, I had a heart attack thinking Kid2 was going to be different time/date, but we all ended up in the system together.  

Edited by mam521
Edit to tag member

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

4 minutes ago, INF said:

Goodness still waiting for an email back from the consulate (I guess it’s only been one day). Is there any other way to contact them? 

Just wait. They'll get back to you soon enough.

March 2019: Married, Filed I-130 in April 2019

AOS: Filed June 10, 2020, Received June 13, 2020, Cheque cashed July 16

(I-130 approved in Oct 2019 because we were originally doing consular CR-1 processing)
NOAs July 24 (dated July 17) 2020
Biometrics Jan 7, 2021 (notice dated Dec 12, received Dec 22)
Case updated to 'Interview Scheduled' (Jan 19, 2021, received letter Jan 25)

February 24! Interview! New Card being produced!

Feb 25, 2021: Case approved.

March 1, 2021: Card was mailed

March 4, 2021: Green Card Received! 🥳

March 25, 2021: SSN Application
March 29, 2021: Received SSN
Dec 5, 2022: I-751 ROC Delivered to Lockbox

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.