PartyParrot

I-751 February 2021 Filers

903 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So we got MSC as our service center. Are we right in thinking MSC refers to the National Benefits Center? That's what many non-USCIS websites seem to state, but we can't find any official documents or web pages that say anything about MSC.

Also, there's no MSC or National Benefits Center listed in the drop-down list on USCIS's Check Case Processing Times.

Does anyone know what the average wait time is for MSC cases? And is it true that they never waive biometrics and always require an appointment before sending out the 10-year GC?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Simple_Guy said:

So we got MSC as our service center. Are we right in thinking MSC refers to the National Benefits Center? That's what many non-USCIS websites seem to state, but we can't find any official documents or web pages that say anything about MSC.

Also, there's no MSC or National Benefits Center listed in the drop-down list on USCIS's Check Case Processing Times.

Does anyone know what the average wait time is for MSC cases? And is it true that they never waive biometrics and always require an appointment before sending out the 10-year GC?

Yes, MSC has no specified processing time. There are members who are waiting for more than 16 months and perhaps longer than that. Even after 'Ready to scheduled for interview' notice, many members have not heard from MSC.

My file been also assigned to MSC. So let's see. I have been advised to be patient as it is tiring process of waiting.

Also, it is true that CR-1 visa holders are unlikely to be waived for biometrics and/or interview. However, we never know if odds are in our favor.

Good Luck. 👍 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, M@K12 said:

Yes, MSC has no specified processing time. There are members who are waiting for more than 16 months and perhaps longer than that. Even after 'Ready to scheduled for interview' notice, many members have not heard from MSC.

My file been also assigned to MSC. So let's see. I have been advised to be patient as it is tiring process of waiting.

Also, it is true that CR-1 visa holders are unlikely to be waived for biometrics and/or interview. However, we never know if odds are in our favor.

Good Luck. 👍 

Thank you very much for the heads up. Good luck to you as well.

27 minutes ago, Marcelina said:

Hey guys, so it’s my 4th engagement anniversary and couldn’t get a better gift from

USCIS! Card is being produced! Texas Service Center. 

Date Filed :2021-02-02

NOA Date :2021-03-09

Bio. Appt. :2021-04-02 (reused)

Interview Date : waived 

Approval / Denial Date :2021-06-15

got email today at 5 am

Waiting for the mail now! Good luck guys! 

Wooohooo!! congrats!!

🕙Removal of conditions Timeline🕑

FEB/09/21   - Pkg sent from my location: Florida.

FEB/10/21   - Pkg Rcvd at Phoenix, AZ PO.BOX.

MAR/16/21 - Credit card charged $680.

MAR/20/21 - SMS with case number received.  Service center: MSC

MAR/22/21 - I-797 (18 months) Received on the mail

JUL/06/21 - Biometrics appointment rcvd on the mail.

JUL/20/21 - Fingerprints taken

NOV/10/21 - Case Is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

DEC/06/21 - Interview scheduled for Jan/18/22

JAN/18/22 - Interview / Permanent green card approved

JAN/19/22 - New card being produced

JAN/24/21 - 10 year green card received on the mail

🕙Citizenship Timeline🕑

MAR/01/22 -Applied for naturalization online

MAR/02/22- NOA received

MAR/05/22- Biometrics scheduled

APR/01/22- Biometrics taken/Case is being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

MAY/30/22- Received interview appointment 

JUL/13/22-Interview- Approved

JUL/15/22- Naturalization ceremony.

1 hour ago, Marcelina said:

Hey guys, so it’s my 4th engagement anniversary and couldn’t get a better gift from

got email today at 5 am

That's awesome!  Congrats!!

Spoiler

Petitioner: USC | Applicant: B2 | (c)9 AOS (Marriage)

07/31/18: Filed I-130, I-130A

08/01/18: Delivered Potomac Processing Center

08/07/18: Text/Mail Notifications (for I-130)

08/14/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-130)

08/24/18: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-864

08/27/18: Delivered

08/31/18: Filed

09/04/18: Text Notifications (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/06/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/14/18: Biometrics letter rec'd

09/26/18: Biometrics appt completed

10/02/18: Ready for interview to be scheduled.

12/18/18: Form I-130 APPROVED!

01/27/19: EAD Approved and card being printed!

02/02/19: Combo card and SSN card arrived!

03/08/19: Text and online notification that interview has been scheduled.

04/16/19: Interview.  AOS approval text rec'd.  Card in production!

04/24/19: GC in hand! 

Removal of Conditions

Here we go!

02/10/21: I-751 package sent

02/12/21: Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/22/21: Money order cashed

03/24/21: Text notification rec'd

03/25/21: NOA rec'd

04/30/21: Case updated: Fingerprints taken

06/27/22: Approved!  Card being produced!

07/05/22: 10-year GC in hand!

4vrsm5.pngN3Zem6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, Marcelina said:

got email today at 5 am

Congrats!! That's awesome to be in Texas Service Center.

My status is still "received", California Service Center is sooo slow, and i know it is what it is but it is really not fair😭 But i am happy for you!!

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

6 hours ago, Marcelina said:

got email today at 5 am

I saw your post and decided to check the status of mine on the USCIS site. I have the exact same good news as you! New card is being produced as of today!

Congrats!!

Timeline

Congrats guys!!! LIN service center looks like they just starting approving Nov 2020 petitions 😰  so probably another 4 months at a minimum, and that assumes no RFE, interview, or further slow downs. Can't believe how fast SRC moves on I751s

Edited by RamonGomez

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
12 minutes ago, JoeT14 said:

I saw your post and decided to check the status of mine on the USCIS site. I have the exact same good news as you! New card is being produced as of today!

Congrats!!

Awesome glad to be the good news herald ;)

Congratulations to all approved!

I was wondering if someone has any insight for my situation. I recieved a biometric appointment notice in the mail today (for some reason is not waived for me..bummer) for a date that I will be out of the country.

I called the number on the letter and they told me someone will call me within the next 2 weeks to reschedule. Then I read about it and it looks like some people tried to do a walk in before the appointment date if they couldn't make it that day. 

Could be hard with Covid but I'm thinking about trying to do it. My only worry is that since I already started the rescheduling process it could make more mess for me than would help. Has anyone heard anything about rescheduling (I know it might delay the process..) or just showing up before the scheduled biometrics? Thank you so much 😊

31 minutes ago, lusiaan said:

Congratulations to all approved!

I was wondering if someone has any insight for my situation. I recieved a biometric appointment notice in the mail today (for some reason is not waived for me..bummer) for a date that I will be out of the country.

I called the number on the letter and they told me someone will call me within the next 2 weeks to reschedule. Then I read about it and it looks like some people tried to do a walk in before the appointment date if they couldn't make it that day. 

Could be hard with Covid but I'm thinking about trying to do it. My only worry is that since I already started the rescheduling process it could make more mess for me than would help. Has anyone heard anything about rescheduling (I know it might delay the process..) or just showing up before the scheduled biometrics? Thank you so much 😊

@lusiaan, my husband did an early walk in for biometrics after filing for AOS. That was all precovid. It was fine. The attendant did not even look at the date. She just cared that he had his letter and valid ID. 

It's worth a shot. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

It's been a while but I have a question and I'm not sure if it's already been answered. We filed my husbands I-751 on Feb 8th (received on the 10th) and got our NOA-1 on March 17th. Yesterday we received our first ever RFE. They asked for joint bank account and lease as evidence, which we sent, but apparently it's not enough. My question is, can I resend the newest lease and an updated joint bank account along with copies of our joint tax returns, but what else can I send to bolster the evidence? I can get affidavits from friends and co-workers but is there a limit to how many? We work at the same job, in the same department so we are together every day and on our off days he acts as a moderator for my streams but I can't exactly send them video proof. Think I could get away with screenshots from my streams? Lastly, will we have to pay any fee again?

We don't have much tangible evidence. Our joint bank account is used only for rent, He doesn't have his license yet, we don't take pictures together and we don't have any bills in both our names. I own my car outright and it's been that way since before we were married. We don't have any kids and our health insurance is separate. His life insurance is still in the UK and he has no reason to get one here and I don't have any. Any travel is pre-covid except for 1 trip but we don't have any group pictures from that and we didn't keep any of the packaging from his family that they sent us during the holidays. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
4 hours ago, reicakes88 said:

It's been a while but I have a question and I'm not sure if it's already been answered. We filed my husbands I-751 on Feb 8th (received on the 10th) and got our NOA-1 on March 17th. Yesterday we received our first ever RFE. They asked for joint bank account and lease as evidence, which we sent, but apparently it's not enough. My question is, can I resend the newest lease and an updated joint bank account along with copies of our joint tax returns, but what else can I send to bolster the evidence? I can get affidavits from friends and co-workers but is there a limit to how many? We work at the same job, in the same department so we are together every day and on our off days he acts as a moderator for my streams but I can't exactly send them video proof. Think I could get away with screenshots from my streams? Lastly, will we have to pay any fee again?

We don't have much tangible evidence. Our joint bank account is used only for rent, He doesn't have his license yet, we don't take pictures together and we don't have any bills in both our names. I own my car outright and it's been that way since before we were married. We don't have any kids and our health insurance is separate. His life insurance is still in the UK and he has no reason to get one here and I don't have any. Any travel is pre-covid except for 1 trip but we don't have any group pictures from that and we didn't keep any of the packaging from his family that they sent us during the holidays. 

Kids, photos, and affidavits are considered as secondary evidence. You can include if you like but uscis seems not caring about them that much.

Beginning from when you sent over your evidence, beginning of marriage or after green card? If you sent the part after green card, you should have sent whole marriage. Sending all lease agreements, joint accounts, etc. from the beginning of marriage.

To show you work on the same company, you can include both of your W2s which will show the same address, and you can highligjt it if you want.

To show you live in the same place, you don't have to have joint bill, but you can include some document that arrived separately both to your names, like one bill to your name, the other bill or doc to his name, this will show that you live in the same place.

You could add him to your auto insurance and show that you both use the car but you haven't i guess, and you already indicated that he doesn't have a dl.

If you have time, he could get id without driver license from dmv, which will show the address, and then you can send a copy of his ID and your DL that shows the same address.

Did you send IRS tax returns again from beginning of marriage showing you filed married and showing both your names?

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.