TinNhi

SHE PASSED THE K1 INTERVIEW! (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)

38 posts in this topic

Congrats!

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
14 hours ago, TinNhi said:

My Fiancé passed her K1 interview at the U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam an hour ago!

Here are the questions she was asked:

• How did we meet?
  • How many times did we meet?
  • What are your fiancé's hobbies?
  • What things does your fiancée dislike about his work?
  • What is his job? How is his day? Describe his job?
  • What is his address?
  • What do we typically argue about?
  • When was the last time we argued, and about what?
  • How did he propose to you? Time and date?
  • Will your parents attend you wedding in the U.S.? Where do you plan to get married?

They also asked "after 2 months your fiancée proposed?" She answered "yes, but it was more of a promise to try our best to stay together in long distance relationship."

I was not present for her interview. We did not have an engagement party.

The first question was in English. There was a female translator who translated the question to Vietnamese. But my Fiancé answered in 100% English . The translator then smiled and stepped away after that. All English thereafter. smile.gif

We used RapidVisa to prepare our I-129F. (before we discovered this forum) No regrets, because their review of our petition and evidence brought us peace of mind. However, RapidVisa was not involved, nor did they really help us after NOA1 and NOA2.

If you have any questions, please ask. We want to help others going through this. It's been stressful beyond belief leading up to the interview.

Here's a TikTok video she made of everything she prepared, organized and brought to her interview.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DuWN7wCQLSfG-jtT0f8MLmXCvmMrbcLc/view?usp=sharing

K1 Documentation.jpg

Congratulations 😊

Can you share the last answer about parents  attending wedding. 

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Congratulations!  Thank you for sharing the questions.  I read and prep my fiancé on so many questions, but your list has a few new ones to me (what I don't like about my job and what we argue about).  My fiancé and I don't usually argue, but that is probably only because we don't share physical space with each other regularly yet.  When I asked him what he would answer if asked this question, I found that he didn't really understand what arguing is.  He answered like it was our regular discussions on important topics, so I had to say "no, I mean what do we fight about"😂  It led to a fun conversation and we found that we both agree on what we argue about.

Hi TinNhi congrat.  I have a few question if you could assist me.  When we filed the the i-129f in the U.S. in 2019 we provided a "copy" of my birth certificate and a the i-134 affidavit of support [2018 1040 tax].  Now that we got an ok just in december 2020 with the PKT3-K instruction of to do tasks.  It asked for the "original" birth certificate and the i-134.  With the Covid i cannot travel back to bring the important documents and afraid it might be lost with the "original" birth certificate via postal mail.  I can Fedex the required doc back but hesitate to send the "original".  May i ask how do you supply the original bc and the i-134.  

14 hours ago, Alytes said:

Congratulations!  Thank you for sharing the questions.  I read and prep my fiancé on so many questions, but your list has a few new ones to me (what I don't like about my job and what we argue about).  My fiancé and I don't usually argue, but that is probably only because we don't share physical space with each other regularly yet.  When I asked him what he would answer if asked this question, I found that he didn't really understand what arguing is.  He answered like it was our regular discussions on important topics, so I had to say "no, I mean what do we fight about"😂  It led to a fun conversation and we found that we both agree on what we argue about.

There is a page with additional questions that have been asked from others found here Consular Interview Questions - US Immigration Wiki - VisaJourney

I've noticed that this has been a hot topic of late, so I would like to go ahead and answer it. First, if you are from any of these country's; residency in the “State Sponsors of Terrorism” (T-7) list: Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria; or from the “List of 26”: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Yemen then your approach will be different then all the other embassies that are not mention. You have to know your petitioner like the back of your hand.

You need to make an iron clad case that you have a mutual couple relationship and not committing fraud. The CO works from you are the "Bad Guy" and you work from "I am the Good Guy and here is why" mentality. So, gathering all the document asked for in the P3 is a requirement. Follow the directions exactly as they have been published in the P3 letter. Compile a dossier on your relationship. Keep it moderate but use the best evidence. So what is it that I need for the "dossier"?

1. Pictures. Not 1,000 but 12-18 (printed 4 up on a page, you can cut and paste into a word doc nicely). The strongest evidence with pictures is the two of you together with friends, at recognizable landmarks and with family especially with parents. Do not show any pictures of gatherings that can look like a wedding ceremony. Yes, some have and have been denied at the interview.

2. Print off only one page of chat logs 2-3 per month. No you don't need 2,500 pages of chat logs.

3. Have your petitioner send you a copy of the I-129f (through email and you can review on a computer or you can print - be sure to us a black marker and strike out his SSN and study it to know most things that may be asked. (How many brothers and sisters, where does he work, has he been in trouble with the law before, how long has he worked for his company, what is his position etc.)

You are going to be in front of the CO for about 5 min. They are good at their job so be truthful, look them in the eye when answering their questions, don't go into a great deal of information just straight to the point. Smile and relax and be confident about your relationship. 99% of the people who go before the CO get approved and you are going to be a part of that 99% and not the 1%.

Good luck and stay engaged in the process. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

On 12/28/2020 at 9:51 PM, TinNhi said:

My Fiancé passed her K1 interview at the U.S. Embassy and Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam an hour ago!

Here are the questions she was asked:

• How did we meet?
  • How many times did we meet?
  • What are your fiancé's hobbies?
  • What things does your fiancée dislike about his work?
  • What is his job? How is his day? Describe his job?
  • What is his address?
  • What do we typically argue about?
  • When was the last time we argued, and about what?
  • How did he propose to you? Time and date?
  • Will your parents attend you wedding in the U.S.? Where do you plan to get married?

Some of those are very odd and weird question to ask:

What things does your fiance dislike about his work?

What is his job? How is his day? Describe his job?

What do we typically argue about?

The jobs question are down right idiotic, My fiance wouldn't have any clue how to answer that

Then asking what we typically argue about?  That odd as well

Does the CO hire a spy/and phone tap the petitioner phone to gain insight on his work and job?

I guess in Vietnam you must have some arguments to make a relationship

So weird the question, and thanks for posting them.  I figured they would ask just generic question like where did you  meet? Etc

There is no way the CO could know if the beneficiary was being truthful or even had a clue on some of the questions being asked in Vietnam.  

Edited by Allovertheworld

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

Some of those are very odd and weird question to ask:

What things does your fiance dislike about his work?

What is his job? How is his day? Describe his job?

What do we typically argue about?

The jobs question are down right idiotic, My fiance wouldn't have any clue how to answer that

Then asking what we typically argue about?  That odd as well

Does the CO hire a spy/and phone tap the petitioner phone to gain insight on his work and job?

I guess in Vietnam you must have some arguments to make a relationship

So weird the question, and thanks for posting them.  I figured they would ask just generic question like where did you  meet? Etc

There is no way the CO could know if the beneficiary was being truthful or even had a clue on some of the questions being asked in Vietnam.  

I myself think they are great questions, it proves you communicate together. All couples have disagreements in their life. My friend in Singapore a few years ago told me how many ladies were failing their interview on an easy question, "What was the color of your BF/spouse toothbrush?" It's all about proving how well you know each other and communicate.

Congratulations on passing and thanks for posting the questions.

9 minutes ago, craig5977 said:

I myself think they are great questions, it proves you communicate together. All couples have disagreements in their life. My friend in Singapore a few years ago told me how many ladies were failing their interview on an easy question, "What was the color of your BF/spouse toothbrush?" It's all about proving how well you know each other and communicate.

I also agree that the questions from OP's original post are great questions. The questions about disagreements help the CO gauge the depth of the relationship.

Even if there is no way to "cross-reference" what the USC would say to the questions, the applicant's body language and verbal responses would indicate if she really knew the answers, or was just making things up on the fly.

I would be hard pressed to answer the question on my fiancé's current toothbrush color, though! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, craig5977 said:

How is this a good question, especially if they're not living together? I can't tell you the color of my own toothbrush. 

When my husband and I were long distance, we never discussed our toothbrushes either. 

5 hours ago, craig5977 said:

The question are down right stupid, or maybe the country is high fruad and that is why they ask.

Here was my fiance interview in Philippines.

What's your name?

Where did you meet your fiance?

Do you plan on working once you get to USA?

Have you traveled to USA before?

How many times trips has the petitioner made to Philippines to meet you?

Then he said everything looks good, you guys are approved and then he said do you have any questions for me?

I said no not really and the CO was smiling and seemed happy for us as a couple, he sure seemed like a nice guy.  I was watching another CO in a window/interview next to him ,she had a scowl on her face and looked like a truly hateful person, Thankfully I didn't get her as my CO. 

That day I watched and overheard about 5 tourist Visa and about 8 K1 Interviews go one from my seat, they were pretty much all the same or nearly same question coming for the CO's. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.