dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview December 2020

176 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Ophoriwaa said:

I checked and it said Refused, which I understand. I hope they get the report soon

Yeah that makes sense. Fingers crossed you see the status change soon!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, annmarie said:

My husband had a successful interview today in Paris. We thought that the interview would get canceled when France went back into lockdown last week, but made it through. He had a very positive experience with a very nice officer. He asked how we met, if petitioner(me) is a naturalized citizen, who the joint sponsor is and asked for photos. The officer was apparently quite interested in our love story since I'm Colombian and he is Indian...you know the cultural differences. This process although faster than expected.. has been a roller-coaster and I am just happy to know that every effort is eventually worth it. Very grateful for this community. My best wishes to all!

That's great news, congratulations!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The embassy is open in Nigeria 🇳🇬 but they r only sprinkling a few IL 😩😩.. Am paying that hubby can spend Christmas with me in the US this year.. Am praying for all others also.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 11/4/2020 at 12:47 PM, Ophoriwaa said:

Hi guys. So I had my interview earlier today. But I got a 221g since the embassy had not received the medical exam results yet. The CO assured me that they would process the visa as soon as they received the results (the clinic said results were submitted electronically yesterday, to the embassy so hopefully they receive it today or tomorrow, I guess). I was only asked when and how we met and when we started dating. She also asked if the pandemic affected husband's job. No evidence checked. 

Congrats🙏🏼. Was this in Accra? If so, when were you DQ'd? 

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, LBX said:

Congrats🙏🏼. Was this in Accra? If so, when were you DQ'd? 

Yes, Accra. I was DQ'd in August but my case was expedited so I received an earlier appointment 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Yes, Accra. I was DQ'd in August but my case was expedited so I received an earlier appointment 

Thanks. Read your post on another thread also. Glad that Accra is at least interviewing.

07 Nov 2019 - IR-1 Submittes Online / Priority Date
17 July 2020 - I-130 Approval Notice (Nebraska Service Center)
15 Sept 2020* - Submitted documents to NVC
01 Oct 2020 -  Case FE Review note: Request to submit marriage termination document.
01 Oct 2020 -  Spouse divorce papers submitted
01 Oct 2020 - DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED

Notes:
* Foreign police clearance lost by Fedex - delayed submission to NVC by 6 weeks. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, LBX said:

Thanks. Read your post on another thread also. Glad that Accra is at least interviewing.

Yeah, they're mainly interviewing expired immigrant visa holders

My husband's residency visa is expiring in UAE, and his company typically asks for his passport 6-8 weeks earlier for processing in which they hold on to his passport. With COVID-19, they said it may be longer.

So on visa expiry grounds , I requested an expedite so that he may get an interview schedule before hand and he can let his office know. We were DQ'd 23 May. 

However, Abu Dhabi embassy reply is:

Your Case is at NVC, post cannot accept any request for expedite due to the capacity limitation and current Covid-19 situation. You have to wait as NVC will schedule your interview and your case then forwarded to the Embassy for final processing. 

☹️

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sinka13 said:

Hi everyone, 

I was telling the story about not getting my SSN upon arrival.

So finally we got lucky resolution. We sent an email on Monday to Cory Booker's office, and within a couple hours we got a reply from them to provide more information and documents so they could help us solve our issue with Social Security Administration. 

By the end of the day we got a call from the SSA manager and got an appointment for next morning. 

I applied November 4th for my SSA but they weren't able to immediately confirm my immigration status, so they need to send a request to other facilities. It should be issued as soon as they get a resolution on that. 

In case you are struggling to get an appointment over the phone like I was, try reaching local politicians they might really help. 

In other good news, I received my green card in mail today. We entered October 3rd so it is pretty much a month of waiting. 

Wow that's great that you were finally able to get this resolved! My husband just arrived in the US, so we'll see how many issues he has getting the green card and SSN. Thanks for sharing and congrats.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.