dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview December 2020

176 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello, 

we have our interview in dec, my question is my husband last visited in the end of 2018, later on he planned n booked tickets cause the process was taking so long to come meet me in 2020 afterwards lockdown n corona happened !! We have proofs of tickets etc n ongoing communication between us on regular basis. 

do you think it will be an issue on interview day n whether they will understand that why he didn’t visit after marriage ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
5 hours ago, Hopefully18 said:

Hello, 

we have our interview in dec, my question is my husband last visited in the end of 2018, later on he planned n booked tickets cause the process was taking so long to come meet me in 2020 afterwards lockdown n corona happened !! We have proofs of tickets etc n ongoing communication between us on regular basis. 

do you think it will be an issue on interview day n whether they will understand that why he didn’t visit after marriage ?

Well, each Embassy of course has a different focus based on case individuality...but from my personal experience we were not even asked about visits.  Until our recent interview I had not seen my husband since we married.  I would say bring all your proof of correspondence via all chats and social media just in case we did.   Good luck 😊

6 hours ago, Hopefully18 said:

Hello, 

When were you DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED from NVC?

I got my case requested for expedite to the NVC last october 14,

a week after(oct 22) they replied and they will review the request . By

oct 30  the US embassy in UAE  have accepted the case.

Nov. 5 when NvC submitted all our docs to US embassy.

Nov. 17 US embassy sent mail instructions how to make appointment.

Nov 19 they have confirmed my appointment of interview on Dec. 7

My question is do i only bring what im asked to bring as per the mail i have received from the embassy or should i bring everything that was uploaded since i started my application? Our pictures, AOS, 2019 tax return were not mentioned to bring on the day of interview. Mostly just the civil documents, police clearance and (his) divorce papers,medical report in sealed envelope.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Apple1130 said:

My question is do i only bring what im asked to bring as per the mail i have received from the embassy or should i bring everything that was uploaded since i started my application? Our pictures, AOS, 2019 tax return were not mentioned to bring on the day of interview. Mostly just the civil documents, police clearance and (his) divorce papers,medical report in sealed envelope.

The NVC website recommends you bring copies of everything you uploaded to the CEAC website. Being prepared pretty much ensures you won't need those things, but best to have them in case they ask so as not to delay your case. We brought all those things and they didn't ask for any of it but I've also read other people post that they were asked for those things 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Apple1130 said:

It's better to be safe than sorry. You can take everything to the interview. I had a whole lot of documents (Affitdavit of support included), pics, phone call and chat records, money transfer receipts etc but wasn't asked to show any of them. But you never know when they'll ask for it

24 minutes ago, JenIE said:

The NVC website recommends you bring copies of everything you uploaded to the CEAC website. Being prepared pretty much ensures you won't need those things, but best to have them in case they ask so as not to delay your case. We brought all those things and they didn't ask for any of it but I've also read other people post that they were asked for those things 

Thanks. Now i have to discuss this  with my husband. He insists on to stick what the email says, but i want to bring everything we have uploaded and additional evidences

22 minutes ago, Ophoriwaa said:

It's better to be safe than sorry. You can take everything to the interview. I had a whole lot of documents (Affitdavit of support included), pics, phone call and chat records, money transfer receipts etc but wasn't asked to show any of them. But you never know when they'll ask for it

Gosh! speaking  of pictures, is it supposed to be like a scrap book compilation of pictures, or printed individually photo paper?

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Apple1130 said:

Gosh! speaking  of pictures, is it supposed to be like a scrap book compilation of pictures, or printed individually photo paper?

My husband just brought a stack of photos but they didn't ask for them. I don't think an album is necessary unless you have one

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Apple1130 said:

Thanks. Now i have to discuss this  with my husband. He insists on to stick what the email says, but i want to bring everything we have uploaded and additional evidences

It is definitely frustrating that the website and emails often have differing information but I would definitely make sure you have everything mentioned on both the site and the email. For our Embassy they even said to bring copies of everything uploaded in addition to making sure all documents are up to date and correct (like police certificate). As mentioned, better safe than sorry!

Hello

I got the DQ message and my interview is on december.

I didn't submit the police certificate and i explained why i couldn't have one. I have to precise that i have been living more than 3 years in S Korea.

My question is, since they accept my case and sent me an interview date letter, can it be an issue at the embassy about the missing police certificate document ?

Thanks.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Brosalia said:

Hello

I got the DQ message and my interview is on december.

I didn't submit the police certificate and i explained why i couldn't have one. I have to precise that i have been living more than 3 years in S Korea.

My question is, since they accept my case and sent me an interview date letter, can it be an issue at the embassy about the missing police certificate document ?

Thanks.

The police certificate is required so likely you'd get a 221g after the interview to submit the document before you're able to be issued the Visa. Maybe someone who has had a similar issue can chime in with more information. What was the reason you weren't able to obtain one?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Apple1130 said:

I printed individually and placed them all in an envelope. I don't know what other applicants have done though 

Timeline
18 hours ago, Apple1130 said:

I personally brought everything and then some...glad I did...they randomly asked for my W2.  Also,  they asked for all the uploaded documents.  Didn't ask for any pictures or anything just financing the uploaded docs.

Timeline
15 hours ago, JenIE said:

The police certificate is required so likely you'd get a 221g after the interview to submit the document before you're able to be issued the Visa. Maybe someone who has had a similar issue can chime in with more information. What was the reason you weren't able to obtain one?

They won't issue it without the police certificate. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.