dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview December 2020

176 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, William2788 said:

I was documentarily qualified for a IR-1 on September 8th 2020. I had to add a joint sponsor (submitted and the request was accepted on September 15th 2020) however the status is still saying submitted. Is this the delay to complete my case?

I received this email on September 8th: 

The National Visa Center (NVC) received all of the fees, forms, and documents that are required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview at a U.S. Embassy/Consulate General overseas.

NVC will work with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General in BRIDGETOWN, BRDO to schedule an interview appointment for you. Once we have confirmed an interview date, we will send a notice to you, your petitioner and attorney.

On September 15th I received: 

The National Visa Center (NVC) updated the status of your immigrant visa application. Please go to the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://nvc.state.gov/ceac. You will need your NVC case number and invoice ID number to log into your account.

Once you have logged into CEAC, please look in your message box or on the Status Chart at the bottom of the page. If NVC has feedback on any items you submitted, there will be a new message with details. If not, please simply follow the updated instructions on your Status Chart to complete your case. If any column says "Pay Now", "Invalid Doc", "Incomplete", or "Re-Opened", that means you must take action by paying a fee, submitting a form, or uploading a corrected/missing document. 

Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence - Accepted 
Affidavit of Support Fee - Paid 

IV Fee - Paid 

IV Application - Completed 

Civil Documents - Accepted 

Priority Date: August 22 2019. However it still states on ceac my case is still at NVC

it happened to me too when I got DQ. I called NVC and they told me to disregarded, as it's apparently some system glitch and it happens lately. Once you DQ, you DQ :) so nothing to worry.

Your case will be with NVC until you've been scheduled an interview date at your embassy. SO between DQ and interview date - there is no changes in the CEAC status. 

Once you've got interview date schedule, your case will be sent to embassy, and then your status will change to In Transit >> Ready and that's when the CEAC will show the case it's at an your embassy.

2 minutes ago, Dags said:

it happened to me too when I got DQ. I called NVC and they told me to disregarded, as it's apparently some system glitch and it happens lately. Once you DQ, you DQ :) so nothing to worry.

Your case will be with NVC until you've been scheduled an interview date at your embassy. SO between DQ and interview date - there is no changes in the CEAC status. 

Once you've got interview date schedule, your case will be sent to embassy, and then your status will change to In Transit >> Ready and that's when the CEAC will show the case it's at an your embassy.

Thanks for the response. Any idea how fast how fast NVC are scheduling interviews for Barbados embassy/ are slots being readily available for IR-1?

Excerpt from an update on the us embassy London website:

'On October 31, Prime Minister Boris Johnson outlined new restrictions in response to the continuing spread of coronavirus. Visit the UK COVID-19 website for detailed and updated information about these new restrictions.

In light of the new restrictions, the U.S. Mission to the United Kingdom has reduced some routine in-person consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information at https://uk.usembassy.gov/'

Interesting use of wording, reduced some routine consular services. Reduced, not suspended... Maybe there is hope after all! 

Any UK folk that get any updates on appointment please reply to this comment if you see it. Here's hoping all is well. Be safe everyone!

2 hours ago, Andy&Jamie said:

Excerpt from an update on the us embassy London website:

'On October 31, Prime Minister Boris Johnson outlined new restrictions in response to the continuing spread of coronavirus. Visit the UK COVID-19 website for detailed and updated information about these new restrictions.

In light of the new restrictions, the U.S. Mission to the United Kingdom has reduced some routine in-person consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information at https://uk.usembassy.gov/'

Interesting use of wording, reduced some routine consular services. Reduced, not suspended... Maybe there is hope after all! 

Any UK folk that get any updates on appointment please reply to this comment if you see it. Here's hoping all is well. Be safe everyone!

Fingers crossed it won’t slow things down! But it’s a good news 😊

there is that topic in local forum about interview updates and interview for expedite - scheduling interview yourself  😊

you will see more updates there! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

My baby girls 9/15 interview was cancelled and was rescheduled today for 11/18!!!!  Thank God!!!!  Praying for everyone still waiting.

I was just thinking about you and wondering about your Baby girl. That's great news. 2 weeks. It is well.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
14 minutes ago, neilsqueen said:

My baby girls 9/15 interview was cancelled and was rescheduled today for 11/18!!!!  Thank God!!!!  Praying for everyone still waiting.

That's great news, not much longer now!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
54 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

I was just thinking about you and wondering about your Baby girl. That's great news. 2 weeks. It is well.

44 minutes ago, JenIE said:

That's great news, not much longer now!

Thank you both so much!  She had me laughing saying she wants us to get her the day after the interview lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Hi guys. So I had my interview earlier today. But I got a 221g since the embassy had not received the medical exam results yet. The CO assured me that they would process the visa as soon as they received the results (the clinic said results were submitted electronically yesterday, to the embassy so hopefully they receive it today or tomorrow, I guess). I was only asked when and how we met and when we started dating. She also asked if the pandemic affected husband's job. No evidence checked. 

Now I'm wondering, how will I know if the results has been received by the embassy? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, familybasedvisa12 said:

FYI

I was DQ on October 16, 2020 --> I have yet to hear back regarding an interview date at the Dublin Embassy.

Dublin cancelled all interviews when the country went back into lockdown. They won't resume until December at the earliest and then they'll go in order. You might not hear until at least January depending on how many people are backlogged.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ophoriwaa said:

Now I'm wondering, how will I know if the results has been received by the embassy? 

That's great, congrats! You'll get an indication they may have received your medical if you view the status page and see the case last updated date change. If it's all electronic I'd guess very soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
26 minutes ago, JenIE said:

That's great, congrats! You'll get an indication they may have received your medical if you view the status page and see the case last updated date change. If it's all electronic I'd guess very soon!

I checked and it said Refused, which I understand. I hope they get the report soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.