Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

539 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, splendidsun said:

My application was received on November 4th at the Dallas Lockbox, and I haven't received anything yet. My check also hasn't been cashed. Anyone else in the same boat? 

November 11th receipt date and no reply or check cashed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 2/3/2021 at 7:05 PM, Lemons said:

November 2nd here and still nothing. Been watching my bank account like a hawk. I feel like the Texas lockbox is more delayed than most. 

My account got charged today!! No text yet though. 

4 hours ago, Lemons said:

My account got charged today!! No text yet though. 

Congratulations and thanks for the update! I'm november 4th and I've been going crazy waiting to hear something. You should be able to call USCIS or live chat with an agent on the website, give them your information, and they'll give you your receipt number directly instead of waiting. 

Timeline
On 2/6/2021 at 7:41 PM, splendidsun said:

Congratulations and thanks for the update! I'm november 4th and I've been going crazy waiting to hear something. You should be able to call USCIS or live chat with an agent on the website, give them your information, and they'll give you your receipt number directly instead of waiting. 

Same here... nov 3rd. it’s driving me crazy, thinking they might have lost the packet. did you try to reach out to them? 

1 hour ago, wave19 said:

Same here... nov 3rd. it’s driving me crazy, thinking they might have lost the packet. did you try to reach out to them? 

Yes, I have reached out on multiple occasions, and they've just told me to wait until mid Feb and then contact them again. I asked if I should resubmit or if it was lost, and I was told to wait it out. I am freaking out about it honestly 

Timeline
3 hours ago, splendidsun said:

Yes, I have reached out on multiple occasions, and they've just told me to wait until mid Feb and then contact them again. I asked if I should resubmit or if it was lost, and I was told to wait it out. I am freaking out about it honestly 

thanks for the info! i guess we have to be a little more patient 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, I mailed my app on November 7, 2020 and on February 4, 2021 received a text with the receipt number saying that the Receipt Notice is in the mail.  Card charged the night before on February 3, 2021.

On 2/5/2021 at 12:49 PM, splendidsun said:

My application was received on November 4th at the Dallas Lockbox, and I haven't received anything yet. My check also hasn't been cashed. Anyone else in the same boat? 

I just wanted to update that my card was charged today and my receipt number was sent to me! Good luck to everyone! 

Finally got it.  Sent Nov 3rd.  Received Nov 7th at Dallas Lockbox.  They cashed my check on the 8th of Feb, no notice yet.

Nov 3, 2020 - Sent I-129F

Nov 7, 2020 - USPS delivered to Dallas Lockbox

As of Dec 14, 2020, not yet received NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I filed the I-129F for my fiance in Canada (I am in New York, USA) through an attorney. The package was received at 12:49 pm on November 23, 2020 in DALLAS, TX 75266.

Check hasn't been cashed yet. I looked up using the receipt numbers in the thread and hoping to get my receipt in the next 2 weeks *fingers crossed*.  If anyone that filed around American Thanksgiving time, please let us know when you receive your receipt notice. Eagerly awaiting the check to be cashed. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
6 hours ago, Navis Chra said:

I filed the I-129F for my fiance in Canada (I am in New York, USA) through an attorney. The package was received at 12:49 pm on November 23, 2020 in DALLAS, TX 75266.

Check hasn't been cashed yet. I looked up using the receipt numbers in the thread and hoping to get my receipt in the next 2 weeks *fingers crossed*.  If anyone that filed around American Thanksgiving time, please let us know when you receive your receipt notice. Eagerly awaiting the check to be cashed. 

i filed November 21st and i checked to make sure that it arrived so i hope that the check is cashed soon and i can stop watching my bank account like a crazy person.

once they cash the check/notify i will update by posting on this thread.

11/21/20: I-129F packet shipped via USPS

11/25/20: I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox (Lewisville)

11/27/20: Backdated I-129F "received date"

2/23/21: I-129F fee charged to bank account

2/25/21: Text alert NOA1 Receipt/Case Number

3/3/21 :  Received NOA1 Letter in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 2/4/2021 at 10:48 PM, ryvfader said:

I have a charge on my card account now as well.

Received my NOA-1 message yesterday evening. (2/7)

This makes a total of 97 days from package sent to NOA-1 receipt, and the receipt is using the actual delivery date in November. As a note I found a bit funny, the Lockbox finally responded to my email from 12/19 on Saturday with a copy/paste delay notification stating the same 4-6 week delay for receipt notices... almost 14 weeks after the package was sent. With the number of NOA-1's getting logged the past week though I really feel bad for the people doing the physical labour, hundreds of applications going in at all odd hours makes me say they are really putting in an honest effort to get peoples stuff processed but will rarely get appreciation because of failure in management to be transparent with applicants about the status of the backlog. 

Also, can confirm that the delays are so unprecedented that trying to update the date received NOA-1 on our timeline breaks the site, it outright refuses the submission due to the difference between date sent and NOA-1. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey guys finally received our NOA1, sent it Nov 5th and Received date Nov 10th. We got the NOA1 on February 4th.

Quick question, what is the date that matters in terms of the process? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.