Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

539 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

I filed my application to the Texas lockbox and it was received 11/2/2020 but I have yet to be sent a NOA1 letter or receipt. The money has not yet been taken out of my bank account and I have emailed the lockbox email twice and gotten this response: 

“Good day,

The Lockbox has recently experienced a significant increase in filings. This, in addition to the restrictions put in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic is causing significant delays for processing receipt notices. USCIS continues to work hard to minimize delays. Once your submission has been completely processed, you will receive a notice in the mail. If you do not receive a notice within the next 30 business days, please contact Lockbox Support for additional details.

Mary”

I find it strange though that the first time I emailed them at the end of November (30 days after their receipt of my package and no word) the automated message did not mention COVID and no one got back to me but the second time I emailed them ANOTHER 30 days later at the end of December, suddenly the automated message mentions COVID. To me, it seems like the Texas lockbox is experiencing more delay in processing than all the other lock boxes. 

Also, how are you guys getting through to speak to a person on the customer service line? The robot hard stops me from doing so without my receipt number. 

Our Fiance Visa package with form G-1145 was received at the Texas drop box on 11/19/2020.

Have not heard back so far. Cashier's check has not been cashed either.

This is the response we got from the drop box when asked for the status:

"Inquiries related to a form received at the lockbox or general questions related to the lockbox, should receive a response within 30 business days, with the following exception: ......"

"The Lockbox has recently experienced a significant increase in filings.  This, in addition to the restrictions put in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic is causing significant delays for processing receipt notices...."

Thankfully, with this new administration, it looks like things are finally moving.  I hope we not only catch up and process everyone's on the old timeline, but we hire even more workers to expedite this process in general.  There's no reason applying for visas or green cards should take a year. 

Nov 3, 2020 - Sent I-129F

Nov 7, 2020 - USPS delivered to Dallas Lockbox

As of Dec 14, 2020, not yet received NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
17 minutes ago, mrveg said:

Thankfully, with this new administration, it looks like things are finally moving.  I hope we not only catch up and process everyone's on the old timeline, but we hire even more workers to expedite this process in general.  There's no reason applying for visas or green cards should take a year. 

Can you please show me where you get this information cause I don’t see things moving anywhere faster than before. My petition is still sitting there since nov 24th with an unbanked check and no receipt.

5 minutes ago, Vamp.nz said:

Can you please show me where you get this information cause I don’t see things moving anywhere faster than before. My petition is still sitting there since nov 24th with an unbanked check and no receipt.

Check back in pages 4-7 of this exact thread.  Someone posted a method to manually check every USCIS case.  Basically things went dead around Dec 19th.  I don't think a single person received a NOA1 during Dec 19-Jan 19 more or less for I-129F. 

However, starting last Friday, there's been dozens.  There's people still a month ahead of you so you probably won't get yours for a little while but from what that one post showed, some late Octobers finally got theres and some Januarys got theirs within a week (I know, this sucks).  So yes, it definitely is moving far faster than it was the past month, which was literally not moving at all.

Edited by mrveg

Nov 3, 2020 - Sent I-129F

Nov 7, 2020 - USPS delivered to Dallas Lockbox

As of Dec 14, 2020, not yet received NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Hello all, 

I have field I-129f in November 3, and it was reached Texas Lockbox in November 6. But I have not received my Receipt Notice yet nor get an email or a text message. I have contacted the USCIS and I was told that they could not locate my application because it wasn’t in the system yet. I also have contacted the Lockbox in the beginning of December and I only got a reply back from the auto computer. Then I recontacted them again in the beginning of January and I was told “ Good day,

The Lockbox has recently experienced a significant increase in filings. This, in addition to the restrictions put in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic is causing significant delays for processing receipt notices. USCIS continues to work hard to minimize delays. Once your submission has been completely processed, you will receive a notice in the mail. If you do not receive a notice within the next 30 business days, please contact Lockbox Support for additional details.

TRISTAN.”  

With all the being said, until today I have not heard or received anything and I am really concerned and worried!! I don’t know what to do, should I reapply or should I wait?? Because when I check the tracking number (where I sent it) it stated it was reached Dallas Lockbox in November 6. Also, my money order hasn’t been cashed either. Is anyone experiencing or have experienced this situation and what have you done?? ANY ADVICE!!!

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, King•Adan said:

Hello all, 

I have field I-129f in November 3, and it was reached Texas Lockbox in November 6. But I have not received my Receipt Notice yet nor get an email or a text message. I have contacted the USCIS and I was told that they could not locate my application because it wasn’t in the system yet. I also have contacted the Lockbox in the beginning of December and I only got a reply back from the auto computer. Then I recontacted them again in the beginning of January and I was told “ Good day,

The Lockbox has recently experienced a significant increase in filings. This, in addition to the restrictions put in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic is causing significant delays for processing receipt notices. USCIS continues to work hard to minimize delays. Once your submission has been completely processed, you will receive a notice in the mail. If you do not receive a notice within the next 30 business days, please contact Lockbox Support for additional details.

TRISTAN.”  

With all the being said, until today I have not heard or received anything and I am really concerned and worried!! I don’t know what to do, should I reapply or should I wait?? Because when I check the tracking number (where I sent it) it stated it was reached Dallas Lockbox in November 6. Also, my money order hasn’t been cashed either. Is anyone experiencing or have experienced this situation and what have you done?? ANY ADVICE!!!

Thanks

I don't think you should reapply there's alot of people here in the same boat as you some even filed in October. Mine was 2nd November all we can do right is wait

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
14 hours ago, King•Adan said:

Hello all, 

TRISTAN.”  

Thanks

Don't reapply. Mine was received October 30th and I just got it yesterday finally! So your's is probably coming pretty soon.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Imranchdr said:

I don't think you should reapply there's alot of people here in the same boat as you some even filed in October. Mine was 2nd November all we can do right is wait

Thank you for clarifying that gave me hope! I also hope the process speeds up! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, brvids2020 said:

Don't reapply. Mine was received October 30th and I just got it yesterday finally! So your's is probably coming pretty soon.

Congratulations on receiving your receipt notice. And thank you for clarifying that gave me hope!! Hopefully the process will speeds up. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
2 hours ago, brvids2020 said:

Congratulations! What date did they put on the receipt notice? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
39 minutes ago, Arsalan111 said:

Congrats

if the receipt notice is 30th October, does that mean you 8 month duration will be counted from that till NOA2 

Thanks and my understanding is yes. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, brvids2020 said:

Thanks and my understanding is yes. 

Guys I just got e notification, hopefully everyone gets there's too 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.