Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

539 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Einhver said:

There isn't quite a total standstill - all of these I-129Fs have been processed this week:

On January 12, 2021, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC2190024009, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

On October 30, 2020, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC2190024039, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

On January 19, 2021, we rejected your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC2190024225, because it was not filed correctly.  We mailed your case back to you, including any supporting materials and fee.

On October 30, 2020, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC2190024226, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

On October 30, 2020, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC2190024269, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

On October 30, 2020, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC2190024270, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

On December 15, 2020, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC2190024801, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

On January 11, 2021, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC2190024839, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

On January 14, 2021, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC2190024975, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

On January 14, 2021, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Receipt Number WAC2190024976, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case.

They are definitely going really slowly for majority of I-129Fs with receipt dates from late October onwards although a few lucky people with November/December/January receipt dates have received NOA1 already - I wonder if these are expedited cases or faster for another reason.

Looks like they may be working backwards to catch up. My friend who is a asylum lawyer stated they did this a couple years ago where they started to work backwards to catch up. Not sure how true this is. But it may definitely be the case. 

31 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

Looks like they may be working backwards to catch up. My friend who is a asylum lawyer stated they did this a couple years ago where they started to work backwards to catch up. Not sure how true this is. But it may definitely be the case. 

That's the only thing that makes sense to me, an "outside in" approach.  As long as the actual date is marked correctly, I don't REALLY mind, it's just the uncertainty that really sucks for all of us.  If our packets get rejected for some reason, it'll have been 3 months completely wasted.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Do they process payment first or send receipt notification first? Should I be monitoring my credit card as that would be the first sign?

I have some fantasy where my NOA1 actually comes early (my petition was received 10 days ago). 

Edited by metuchen

Removal of Conditions (I-751)
2/17/24: I-751 packet shipped via FedEx

2/20/24: I-751 packet delivered

2/22/24: Receipt Number available on USCIS Portal

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
48 minutes ago, metuchen said:

Do they process payment first or send receipt notification first? Should I be monitoring my credit card as that would be the first sign?

Typically they'll process payment first (the government is never slow to take your money).

Also, they'll definitely process payment (unless the application is rejected), whereas sending emails and text messages may or may not happen and the post office has been slow lately.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
52 minutes ago, metuchen said:

I have some fantasy where my NOA1 actually comes early (my petition was received 10 days ago). 

I think I got the text message around the exact same time they took the money, and then I got the notice in the mail about a week later

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They just processed 19 more I-129Fs today, 18 of them with receipt dates of October 30th. Every case from WAC2190025113 through WAC2190025131 is an I-129F receipt. It looks like they are starting to take the backlog seriously!

Edited by Einhver

11 minutes ago, Einhver said:

They just processed 19 more I-129Fs today, 18 of them with receipt dates of October 30th. Every case from WAC2190025113 through WAC2190025131 is an I-129F receipt. It looks like they are starting to take the backlog seriously!

That's good news. Where do you see this?

2/27/24: Extension Letter Available Online, Biometric Re-use letter, "Case is being actively reviewed"

1 hour ago, Einhver said:

Put any number between those two in here: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Ah nice ... and is the receipt number in general emailed/texted to applicants? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, Seemoreglass83 said:

Is it just me or is it insane that there are people who files in january receiving noa1s before people who filed in october and november?! I guess they will move forward based on the receipt date but this to me just screams of extreme disorganization or some other major screwup at the lockbox.

Are you freaking kidding me? I sent mine Oct 27th and nothing!!! I'm beyond pissed at this point. Only from the standpoint that what if it gets rejected for some dumb reason. Their incompetence will have cost me 3 months minimum.

1 minute ago, brvids2020 said:

Are you freaking kidding me? I sent mine Oct 27th and nothing!!! I'm beyond pissed at this point. Only from the standpoint that what if it gets rejected for some dumb reason. Their incompetence will have cost me 3 months minimum.

I think they are just taking packets at random from the large pile, which is beyond idiocy given some people have been waiting months for a receipt. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Something hopeful for us November filers, I'm seeing 28 NOA-1s with receipts from 30 October today and four yesterday. This is the single biggest movement in cases since Christmas as the average per week as been about 20, seeing this many in a day is a good sign that we may start seeing progress towards our own. 

8 minutes ago, ryvfader said:

Something hopeful for us November filers, I'm seeing 28 NOA-1s with receipts from 30 October today and four yesterday. This is the single biggest movement in cases since Christmas as the average per week as been about 20, seeing this many in a day is a good sign that we may start seeing progress towards our own. 

Yeah it's now or never at this point. Be a good idea to web scrape the case status by input a whole range of case ids and see what the movement is. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
41 minutes ago, brvids2020 said:

Did you "send" it on the 27th, or did they sign for it at the lockbox on the 27th? Ours was sent on the Oct 29th and was signed for at the lockbox Nov 2nd. So we'll have to wait until they process Nov 2nd petitions. Recheck your tracking to see when yours arrived or was signed for at the lockbox, then you'll know when to expect your petition to be processed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.