Greenbaum

NOVEMBER 2020 I-129F K-1 FILERS

539 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Our NOA2 has been approved on July 26th 2021.  We have called NVC and they said they have not received anything from USCIS.  I checked the processing times and it seems to me like USCIS sends the document to NVC within 30 days.  Our case is now 60 days since approval from USCIS.

We were recommended to email NVC and to search our file.  Is there anybody who could tell us what are our options and how long will this search lasts?  Our NOA2 is valid until 11/22/2021.  Help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 9/24/2021 at 10:22 AM, Arles said:

Our NOA2 has been approved on July 26th 2021.  We have called NVC and they said they have not received anything from USCIS.  I checked the processing times and it seems to me like USCIS sends the document to NVC within 30 days.  Our case is now 60 days since approval from USCIS.

We were recommended to email NVC and to search our file.  Is there anybody who could tell us what are our options and how long will this search lasts?  Our NOA2 is valid until 11/22/2021.  Help.

I was approved on July 20th and it took them 7 weeks almost 8 to send my case to NVC and then 2 more weeks to get a case number. It's frustrating 

Timeline

Our case has been over 8 weeks and still no petition file at NVC.  We have just submitted an inquiry at nvcsearch when we called.  At this point, we don't have even a case number and how long will it take again, NO idea.  Indeed frustrating:cry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lu & Ni said:

I was approved on July 20th and it took them 7 weeks almost 8 to send my case to NVC and then 2 more weeks to get a case number. It's frustrating 

you menat it took 2 months for you to receive your case number? does your case transfer to your embassy after 2 months stuck at NVC? does your embassy is accepting k1 cases?

Timeline
2 hours ago, Arles said:

Our case has been over 8 weeks and still no petition file at NVC.  We have just submitted an inquiry at nvcsearch when we called.  At this point, we don't have even a case number and how long will it take again, NO idea.  Indeed frustrating:cry:

try to call NVC to get your case number there should be created till now

Timeline
2 minutes ago, macorbin said:

try to call NVC to get your case number there should be created till now

We have called last Friday, 24th of September and learned about that they have not received our petition yet.  No file.  So we have sent an Email as per recommendation of NVC to nvcresearch@state.gov.  Our NOA2 approval doc scanned and sent.  We are still awaiting for our NVC Number to continue process.  That means it is the 9th week, no NVC number as of to date.  Frustrating.  Thank you for responding.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Arles said:

We have called last Friday, 24th of September and learned about that they have not received our petition yet.  No file.  So we have sent an Email as per recommendation of NVC to nvcresearch@state.gov.  Our NOA2 approval doc scanned and sent.  We are still awaiting for our NVC Number to continue process.  That means it is the 9th week, no NVC number as of to date.  Frustrating.  Thank you for responding.

• i see i am sorry to hear that.i really dont know how they process cases sometimes they do weird d things with the same date approval dates

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello everyone. I had the interview on September 29, I was told by the consular officer that our visa was approved, she wished me good luck in the US and I left the embassy. Three hours after, I got an email from the embassy saying that our case needed additional information, and that we were on Administrative Processing. We have been waiting since then and honestly it's an unbearable situation, since we don't know what's gonna happen with our case and us. I read some cases here at VJ but all I found were from 2018. Should we be worried? How long will it take? What's going on? 

Hi everyone,

I need helps ! My case:
Receipt date: Nov 9, 2020

NOA1: Feb 8, 2021

I and my fiancé are so worried because our case hasn’t approved yet until now and it has been almost 12 months and that makes our really so hard time, tired and pressure although my fiancé tried to call and send inquiries many times for USCIS.

Anyone similar to my case? Please tell me what should I do now?

I would appreciate any information that you can provide

Many thanks !

Edited by Mouseee

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mouseee said:

Hi everyone,

I need helps ! My case:
Receipt date: Nov 9, 2020

NOA1: Feb 8, 2021

I and my fiancé are so worried because our case hasn’t approved yet until now and it has been almost 12 months and that makes our really so hard time, tired and pressure although my fiancé tried to call and send inquiries many times for USCIS.

Anyone similar to my case? Please tell me what should I do now?

I would appreciate any information that you can provide

Many thanks !

Your NOA-1 should be the received date,  November 9 not February. Which means yes, you been out of normal processing for a couple months now. Have you reached out to Ombudsman? 

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

Edited by J&D1008

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Quick Question: My status finally changed to "In Transit" from NVC to the Embassy. I filled out the DS160 a while ago, can I just go ahead and send the packet 3 items prior to receiving the physical letter from the embassy with instructions? Or should I wait? I don't want to get ahead and be punished for it but I am expecting in March and I know they won't sympathize with that but I would like to have my fiance around for the birth of the baby. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.