R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,714 posts in this topic

So this Website uses algorithms that compile all the data released by the Department of State to estimate how long it takes to get a visa at any given time. This only takes into account data up until May, and expedites might skew the data somewhat, but you can see the embassy has been doing its thing for a while now. In other words, they were 1.2 months behind schedule back in May. We don't have stats for June so don't know if they did some visas or nothing at all.

You can search for any consulate or even NVC timeframes. 

Screenshot_20210712-142024_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1344d6cf552ffc7b36758c04f1901d07.jpg

Edited by SusanandJake

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, SB0402 said:

Hello everyone, 

Tomorrow is my interview date. The London Embassy have just emailed to request my husband’s w2 form.  
As he is an independent contractor, he does not receive this and instead has a 1099.  

Anyone else experienced this? Feeling stressed. 

W2 and 1099 are both wage statements. The 1099 should do it.

It seems to be a “thing” lately that people get to their interview and are told the W2 (or wage statement) is not showing up even though they uploaded to NVC and got DQed.  Upload it to NVC again. 

12 minutes ago, SusanandJake said:

So this Website uses algorithms that compile all the data released by the Department of State to estimate how long it takes to get a visa at any given time. This only takes into account data up until May, and expedites might skew the data somewhat, but you can see the embassy has been doing its thing for a while now. In other words, they were 1.2 months behind schedule back in May. We don't have stats for June so don't know if they did some visas or nothing at all.

You can search for any consulate or even NVC timeframes. 

Screenshot_20210712-142024_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1344d6cf552ffc7b36758c04f1901d07.jpg

Also, probably worth noting that those are visas that are issued and don't necessarily relate to having had an interview in the same month or having been denied a visa at the interview time.....worth bearing in mind against the data.....which is still useful to see what they were doing.  Does still support that we knew that they were working in May but we think not so much in June and July.  Essentially we are still waiting to see what happens this month and hope for interviews for August to be released.

Timeline
3 hours ago, SB0402 said:

Hi, 

We have also already uploaded these. All of our docs have been accepted which is why we are confused. I also have the recent tax return printed and with me (I am travelling from Northern Ireland to London a day early so it’s a bit of nightmare now that they’re asking when I’m not at home). 

thank you.

EDIT to my previous post: 

I just read further posts that you are traveling and can’t upload the 1099. You may have to upload again after you get home after interview. The visa will just be paused.  Talk to your interviewerer about what they actually need.

Or perhaps your spouse can email the 1099 to you and you can upload in the hotel or wherever you are staying tonight. Would that be possible?

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

EDIT to my previous post: 

I just read further posts that you are traveling and can’t upload the 1099. You may have to upload again after you get home after interview. The visa will just be paused.  Talk to your interviewerer about what they actually need.

Or perhaps your spouse can email the 1099 to you and you can upload in the hotel or wherever you are staying tonight. Would that be possible?

Thank you for this advice. 
i have tried to sign into CEAC to upload it again. It is still saying “accepted” and will not allow me to resubmit. Going to just arrive at the interview and hope for the best at this point. I do have all documents from the AOS package printed and with me so maybe it will be ok. 

Feeling extremely stressed as I have travelled with my 10 month old daughter on my own and she will be attending the interview with me so it’s frustrating that they’re making this way more stressful than it needs to be. :(

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, SB0402 said:

Thank you for this advice. 
i have tried to sign into CEAC to upload it again. It is still saying “accepted” and will not allow me to resubmit. Going to just arrive at the interview and hope for the best at this point. I do have all documents from the AOS package printed and with me so maybe it will be ok. 

Feeling extremely stressed as I have travelled with my 10 month old daughter on my own and she will be attending the interview with me so it’s frustrating that they’re making this way more stressful than it needs to be. :(

Let us know how it goes, please! I'm worried that my wife only has her 2020 tax/wage info. It's been hell trying to the 2019 one as we filed by paper and the IRS just never got back to us. Logging in has been a monumental pain as well.

I'm leaning on my Father-in-Law for finances as my wife doesn't work. He should have all his stuff in check, but I'm still worried I'll have trouble with this whenever my interview finally rolls round.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So my fiancee (petitioner) got an email from NVC today saying our 129-F was being sent to the London embassy.  Previously the last communication we got was the NOA2 from USCIS in April, never any confirmation NVC had even received anything.

I have an NVC case number now finally, and in the CEAC tracker my case shows as "In Transit" - is that what all the backlogged/stuck cases are showing, or is my case really, actually on the way to London?

To quote the tracker:

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center." - sounds like cause for optimism, even if its obviously not correct, since no date has been provided

Edited by Boss and Potato

Timeline
2 hours ago, Boss and Potato said:

So my fiancee (petitioner) got an email from NVC today saying our 129-F was being sent to the London embassy.  Previously the last communication we got was the NOA2 from USCIS in April, never any confirmation NVC had even received anything.

I have an NVC case number now finally, and in the CEAC tracker my case shows as "In Transit" - is that what all the backlogged/stuck cases are showing, or is my case really, actually on the way to London?

To quote the tracker:

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center." - sounds like cause for optimism, even if its obviously not correct, since no date has been provided

K1 process is very different than the discussion in this thread. Actually your post should be in a new thread.

There is no processing for you at NVC and K1 cases used to arrive and depart there in 3-4 days. All they do is assign a new case number …LNDXXXXXXXXX and dispatch to embassies.

You would not have been notified of arrival at NVC. “In transit” indeed means it’s on the way to London. When it says “Ready”, it has arrived and you can begin doing what the K1 instructions say. It may take a day or two for your case number to be recognized. If it says your case number is an error, just try the next day after the system catches up. There is nothing wrong with your case number.
Embassy instructions https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

From a lot of experience, I suggest you skip Step 1 of those instructions. That is part of Step 4, picking your appointment date, paying for the visa, and making courier arrangements. I have no idea why that Step 1 got stuck in there on the K1 page. It’s really a spouse visa step. Seriously, ignore it. 

Ask additional K1 questions in a new thread, not this IR1/CR1 topic.

3 minutes ago, Rol_P said:

All, 

Just had my email through for an appointment August 10th, no expedite or transfers for me. Will update my timeline in due course. DQ for me was Feb 23rd FYI for those that are waiting and wondering. Far too excited right now but embassy and NVC ARE processing slowly! Keep the faith.

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! We were DQ 26th Feb and I've JUST come down with Covid so hopefully things line up for us.

So happy for you and happy to hear things are moving.

4 minutes ago, Rol_P said:

All, 

Just had my email through for an appointment August 10th, no expedite or transfers for me. Will update my timeline in due course. DQ for me was Feb 23rd FYI for those that are waiting and wondering. Far too excited right now but embassy and NVC ARE processing slowly! Keep the faith.

Here we.go!!

Congratulations. March DQs up next!

1 minute ago, cb611 said:

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! We were DQ 26th Feb and I've JUST come down with Covid so hopefully things line up for us.

So happy for you and happy to hear things are moving.

Thank so so much, appreciate your words. I hope that you don't get too ill with it!

Just now, SusanandJake said:

Here we.go!!

Congratulations. March DQs up next!

Fingers crossed for everyone.

9 minutes ago, Rol_P said:

All, 

Yes!!!!! Happy for you! We are March 5th so hopefully September for us!

Just now, Arthur2021 said:

Yes!!!!! Happy for you! We are March 5th so hopefully September for us!

🤞🤞🤞 I hope so, hopefully the behemoth will start to trundle along a bit quicker again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.